What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Meanwhile every ****ing year like clockwork I identify 4star prospects (not 5, but 4) who go FLYING up the boards into the first round..

"We’ve been in great conversations the last two months," Alford said. "We reached out to the 30 NBA franchises, Coach (Craig) Neal and I got a hold of about 26 of them, and we gave him the honest feedback that came from GMs, assistant GMs, and it was not the greatest of feedback, but I told Jalen, ‘It’s your feel. Hopefully you’ll get to work out in front of guys later if you decide to stay in.’

Thats what Jalen Harris head coach has to say about his declaration for the draft, yet Cy was here not long ago saying he's top-5!!!!!!!

Just one more qualification. I really feel that I would completely obliterate most everyone on this forum 1v1 in a game of basketball.. Nothing about the posts I see here make me think this forum is filled with actual ballers.. This forum is filled with fans, who veiw the game in a perspective from the sidelines.....

I can dunk... I'm 6'1... I can hit 40 3's in a row, can you? I bet most of y'all i'd steal your dribble, cuz ur probably extremely right hand dominant(cuz ui didnt put in the time working the offhand) and i'd just sit on that right hand and take ur dribble like i do in the ****** la fitness runs near me, I'd probably disarm your dribble to the point where u just wanna shoot jumpers, then i'd just hunt blocks on your j's..
Have you declared for the draft? Because I’m interested...

The guy who deleted receipts wants to talk history. You got no history bitch ***.

Go hop on that Alex Len is a 99 Rating Prospect dick clown ***.

Just one more qualification. I really feel that I would completely obliterate most everyone on this forum 1v1 in a game of basketball.. Nothing about the posts I see here make me think this forum is filled with actual ballers.. This forum is filled with fans, who veiw the game in a perspective from the sidelines.....

I can dunk... I'm 6'1... I can hit 40 3's in a row, can you? I bet most of y'all i'd steal your dribble, cuz ur probably extremely right hand dominant(cuz ui didnt put in the time working the offhand) and i'd just sit on that right hand and take ur dribble like i do in the ****** la fitness runs near me, I'd probably disarm your dribble to the point where u just wanna shoot jumpers, then i'd just hunt blocks on your j's..
What about mental fortitute?

Oh yeah, I put zero stock into his opinions on basketball. I kind of hate his podcast too. I'll listen to any draft content, but he's one of those podcast where hell stop to talk about his fantasy team for 5 minutes.
Or like 12 movies I don’t care about. He’s okay but I am pretty selective on when I listen to him. He still has some old school pre-positionless/analytics things that strike me as weird. The dislike for Tyler Bey strikes me as a blind spot.

I consider him more a college basketball expert than a draft guru and college and the nba are so damn different. Unless Bey can’t shoot at all I think he hangs around the nba as a backend rotation player at very least. Seems like Torrey Craig is a medium to low outcome for him. Not sure how that is end of second round stuff but weird **** happens in the draft.

Was just cooling down from really getting excited about Xavier Tillman when I saw this... I think he lasts until the second round and would love to pick him up there.

I also think I'm on the Sam Merrill bandwagon. Think he gets drafted... would love to give him a shot on our roster whether or not he is picked.

I'm also coming around on Sam Merrill. The Jazz could use a true motion shooting sniper like a Duncan Robinson, and Merrill could be that dude.

This is an example of a guy I would want to take if the Jazz were able to trade into the 2nd round in the 30's. Don't think he is going to last past the 40's with the rise of Duncan Robinson.

Saw Spencer Pearlman had some interesting defensive stuff on him too... showed good technique closing out and moving laterally. Could be a good player to put alongside DM... the shooting is obviously the main thing there but good assist numbers and low turnover numbers... I get that he's basically 100 years old but imagine what this guy could shoot on open threes when he's not the #1 item on the scouting report. Shot like 45% his sophmore year.

If he can shoot and survive on defense... any ball handling and passing he gives you are bonuses.

Are the point guards in our range that much better than Mudiay ?
Currently? no... that isn't the question.

I like Mudiay but he only fits if we don't bring back JC... He was pretty bad in his small playoff role.

You guys (and Tony J.) have talked me into interest in Merrill. Can't say I've really watched him play, but it sounds like he's worth a look.

Just going by the highlights I've watched, the things I don't see with him in comparison to Duncan Robinson, however, are speed and length. Robinson isn't a plus at these necessarily, but he at least seems average positionally for the NBA at this point (not to mention that he gets great height on his jump shot). I worry about that with Merrill.

Can anyone persuade me that I should be less worried?