Some names I like in the draft. I hope we buy or acquire a couple seconds:

Chris Duarte
Trey Murphy
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Bones Hyland
Herb Jones
Marcus Garrett
Ochai Agbaji

I like a lot of the rangey 6-5 to 6-9 guys that are projected in the second more than a lot of what is available in our range (unless Duarte slips to us). I'd like to see us use our pick in a trade unless Duarte slips to us, and then buy or get in that trade a pick in the second or pick up some of the rangier guys as undrafted FAs . Looking at the mocks, there's a lot a guys out of our reach and a lot of guys in the second round that are interesting, but not a lot that's in our range is interesting to me.

Marcus Garrett sounds like he would fill a need. If he's undrafted, I want him on the summer league roster. We've already got his buddy Doke here.

Last edited:
I
Some names I like in the draft. I hope we buy or acquire a couple seconds:

Chris Duarte
Trey Murphy
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Bones Hyland
Herb Jones
Marcus Garrett
Ochai Agbaji

I like a lot of the rangey 6-5 to 6-9 guys that are projected in the second more than a lot of what is available in our range (unless Duarte slips to us). I'd like to see us use our pick in a trade unless Duarte slips to us, and then buy or get in that trade a pick in the second or pick up some of the rangier guys as undrafted FAs . Looking at the mocks, there's a lot a guys out of our reach and a lot of guys in the second round that are interesting, but not a lot that's in our range is interesting to me.

Marcus Garrett sounds like he would fill a need. If he's undrafted, I want him on the summer league roster. We've already got his buddy Doke here.
marcus garrett sucks compared to Trent Forrest

After whats just transpired, the Jazz selecting a win-now player in Duarte would b kinda dry for me honestly..
Well, it’s extremely unlikely we go into a rebuild, so we will probably be shooting for a win-now player or will be trading the pick in pursuit of a win-now player.

marcus garrett sucks compared to Trent Forrest
The entire back-end of our roster is crud. Most second round picks and UFAs are crud. We should purge that and see if we can get a hit with an entirely new batch. If I were GM, everyone 8 through 15 except for Doke and Hughes would be waived.

I’m just going to say that after watching Marcus Garrett during his four years at Kansas, his athleticism, defensive versatility, and perimeter defense is exactly what we need. He creates a lot of steals and could guard 1-4 at the college level.

He is not a great shooter, but he makes enough to keep teams honest.

ey wire-to-wire that year i had brandon ingram #1 on my board n always said if its me building a franchise around im taking ingram n its not as close as ppl wanna make it out to be...

which ya know that was extremely unpopular

ben simmons is a fine player but what was gonna happen when he got paid the big bucks was in my mind, n i truly believed he'd b a bigger risk than Ingram who to me was and still is much more of the sure thing

This ben simmons thing is so strange... cuz ya know I've been saying Cade Cunningham is gonna b better than Ben Simmons for at least a yea rnow, which is/was unpopular, BUT i assure u it's gaining steam quickly, n obviously part of that is Ben demolishing his own value...

Cade is better than Ben tho... Now im more sure than ever... Put cade in that game last night instead of Ben n they win.... simple as that...

ya gotta understand Cade's mental is like 100x stronger than Bens ever was..

Ben always had this aura that he's super impressed with himself..

Well, it’s extremely unlikely we go into a rebuild, so we will probably be shooting for a win-now player or will be trading the pick in pursuit of a win-now player.
thats INSANE... I think it's completely ridiculous n lacking basis to make that assumption...

Are all the other teams not drafting based on multi-year outlooks? n Utah's year after year after year drafting win-now??? That seems like, it can't possibly be true....

Am I to believe there's no voice of reason in the front office who says "we've been trying exactly this and still can't make it out of the 2nd round"

Am I also to believe this franchise who repeated ad naseum bout their belief in their player development is just out there looking to rip off rentals for win-now scenarios...

come to think of it... why the **** do they draft azubuike if thats the case?? something doesnt seem to b adding up here on my end...

Here's the list of players invited/accepted to the NBA Combine

1. Max AbmasOral Roberts36. Isaiah LiversMichigan
2. Ochai AgbajiKansas37. Makur MakerHoward
3. Marcus BagleyArizona State38. Sandro MamukelashviliSeton Hall
4. Scottie BarnesFlorida State39. Tre MannFlorida
5. Charles BasseyWestern Kentucky40. Matthew MayerBaylor
6. Brandon Boston Jr.Kentucky41. Miles McBrideWest Virginia
7. James BouknightConnecticut42. Davion MitchellBaylor
8. Greg Brown IIITexas43. Evan MobleyUSC
9. Jared ButlerBaylor44. Isaiah MobleyUSC
10. Julian ChampagnieSt. John’s45. Moses MoodyArkansas
11. Justin ChampagniePittsburgh46. Trey Murphy IIIVirginia
12. Josh ChristopherASU47. Daishen NixNBA G League Ignite
13. Sharife CooperAuburn48. John Petty Jr.Alabama
14. Ayo DosunmuIllinois49. Yves PonsTennessee
15. David Duke Jr.Providence50. Jason PrestonOhio
16. Kessler EdwardsPepperdine51. Joshua PrimoAlabama
17. Luka GarzaIowa52. Roko PrkacinCibona (Croatia)
18. RaiQuan GrayFlorida State53. Neemias QuetaUtah State
19. Jalen GreenNBA G League Ignite54. Austin ReavesOklahoma
20. Quentin GrimesHouston55. Jeremiah Robinson-EarlVillanova
21. Sam HauserVirginia56. Terrence Shannon Jr.Texas Tech
22. Aaron HenryMichigan State57. Day’Ron SharpeNorth Carolina
23. Ariel HukportiNevezis (Lithuania)58. Jericho SimsTexas
24. Matthew HurtDuke59. Jaden SpringerTennessee
25. Nah’Shon HylandVCU60. DJ StewardDuke
26. Isaiah JacksonKentucky61. Cameron ThomasLSU
27. David JohnsonLouisville62. JT ThorAuburn
28. Jalen JohnsonDuke63. Isaiah ToddNBA G League Ignite
29. Keon JohnsonTennessee64. Trendon WatfordLSU
30. Herbert JonesAlabama65. Joe WieskampIowa
31. Kai JonesTexas66. Ziaire WilliamsStanford
32. Johnny JuzangUCLA67. McKinley Wright IVColorado
33. Corey KispertGonzaga68. Moses WrightGeorgia Tech
34. Jonathan KumingaNBA G League Ignite69. Marcus ZegarowskiCreighton
35. Scottie LewisFlorida

Julian Champagnie got an invite!! cool! Also gotta admit Im surprised JT Thor got an invite

To me tho the player whos combine im most interested in on that list, n its not close, is Ariel Hukporti, who just turned 19.

The fact that Terrence CLarke is dead and not on that combine invite list still sends shivers down my spine. I hate this draft.

So reading that list that also means were gonna not get concrete data on several players vieing for the 1st or 2nd rd...

I'm fully expecting Jericho Sims to post BLOWOUT #'s n improve his stock at the combine. If I had to choose one player to outperform it'd prolly b him.

I know the term workout-warrior has a very negative connotation around it, akin to being called a "practice player".. Sims is just built like that tho, his frame is more like ud see from a defensive end (except for hes like 6'10")

I'm fully expecting Jericho Sims to post BLOWOUT #'s n improve his stock at the combine. If I had to choose one player to outperform it'd prolly b him.

I know the term workout-warrior has a very negative connotation around it, akin to being called a "practice player".. Sims is just built like that tho, his frame is more like ud see from a defensive end (except for hes like 6'10")
The Utah State player could be the local sleeper.