What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Right now, I’m hoping for a Samanic/Bazley draft. Think they’d be a great tandem to bring into the developmental program and build the Stars around their development.
Seem like two good young players, so I'd be good with that. Not sure how you get both, however, as neither lasts until the jazz 2nd round.

Seem like two good young players, so I'd be good with that. Not sure how you get both, however, as neither lasts until the jazz 2nd round.
You’d have to pick one at #23 and then trade up for the other one using a couple of 2nd round picks and cash. Not sure if it’s realistic, but I’d definitely go after those two if possible.

Bazley, Samanic and Horton-Tucker are all still 18 years old I think. Two years from now, when Gobert is a free agent, it will help if we picked up one of these upside guys and they really hit. We'll need the talent to convince Gobert to stay, and we'll need an impact player who is still on rookie scale.

I wonder if the Jazz could pick up an early 2nd-round pick and draft Okeke. Bazley's a possibility too if he slips. Philadelphia and Atlanta have some extra picks. Atlanta has said they don't want to bring in 5 rookies. Maybe Tony Bradley is worth 35 or 41.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Jazz could pick up an early 2nd-round pick and draft Okeke. Bazley's a possibility too if he slips. Philadelphia and Atlanta have some extra picks. Atlanta has said they don't want to bring in 5 rookies. Maybe Tony Bradley is worth 35 or 41.

I’d rather see the Jazz look into using assets to trade for Taurean Prince. There’s rumors that he was on the block at the trade deadline and can be had. Figure out a reasonable package and add him if possible.

Gotta think that the Jazz could buy an early 2nd round pick if they committed to paying the cost to do it. GSW and Knicks have successfully bought good picks in the past.

It's crazy that I havent done any plyo training in 4-5 summers and at 31 years old I can still jump higher than Dedric Lawson, and if i did like a month or 2 of training i'd be back near my peak vert, which is legitimately far above Lawsons' PEDESTRIAN 26"...

26"??? thats insane... I feel like theres NBA players who almost jump 26" while their shooting a jumpshot LOL

I'm sorry but if that kid can only jump 26"....the adults around him failed... shoulda had him on a jump program... thats insane..... I'm flabbergasted at that measurement.

Now the cat is out of the bag....... I knew he wasnt explosive, but truly I was fooled by the long arms or something, I shoulda been able to detect that long ago... His younger brother headed to Oregon has arms as long as Rudy, he probably can't jump at all either... what a shame.. he's got this insane build and is barely ranked in the top-100 in the class these days too, Chandler ithink his name is, there's another one even younger named Jonathan I think, who appears to be the best of them all.

You're telling me I jump way higher off 1 foot than Dedric Laweson can with all his might? I'm shocked.