What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Don't the Nets have to get rid of Dinwiddie in this scenario? Not much chance we'll land him either, but it keeps some hope alive.
I really don't want to go into another season only hoping Exum will stay healthy and break out and Favors miraculously becomes a 40% 3pt shooter (though that would solve most of our problems). Best case scenario: Korver retires and magically transfers his shooting skills to Exum and Favs.

Absolutely not. dinwiddie and his agent screwed up with that deal, the Nets got him for cheap and their well aware of it.

take it from the guy who was the #1 dinwiddie supporter in these draftee threads way back when...

what ever happend to player development? 1bad cake and that was the end? whats with the allegiance to old, mostly materialized players? If I didn't know better I'd think you guys were watching some of these seniors for 4 years! LOL

Is utah really that close where that type of thing is warranted?? I think not

Don't the Nets have to get rid of Dinwiddie in this scenario? Not much chance we'll land him either, but it keeps some hope alive.
I really don't want to go into another season only hoping Exum will stay healthy and break out and Favors miraculously becomes a 40% 3pt shooter (though that would solve most of our problems). Best case scenario: Korver retires and magically transfers his shooting skills to Exum and Favs.

Exum is 23 years old. There are players in this draft who are 23 years old aren't there? Let's just pretend Dante is a rookie and get excited.

Samanic and Zagars shouldnt be lumped together, one is 6'11" can shoot, 1st rd material.

Zagars on the other hand, is probably only gonna get drafted by the Mavs, like a gimmicky type of thing --- He has talent but he is g-league bound for years... far too frail to get court time soon at the highest level, he'll get bullied.

A name perhaps no one has brought up yet is college of Charleston's Jarrell Brantley 6'7" wing with a 7'2" wingspan.

4-year sr can do a bit of everything...

I'd tkae fliers on guys like this before using the 1st rd pick on a low upside 1st rd pick

You are probably right about most of them, but all of them?

If we win the bidding war for Conley, we waste too many assets. To beat Indy or Boston, we gotta sacrifice 2 1st round picks because our one pick is the worst one. No way that's worth it.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe they do a Conley trade first to then focus on smaller additions in FA. If the include Exum in the trade and Korver or waive and stretch him they’d have some space to add a stretch 4.

I am a big fan of PSU's Josh Reaves too, and it seems like with the ascension of Terrence Davis, he's sure to go undrafted. I'd take a flier on him too for a bluecollar type. He's 6'5" staunch defender.

Dont be a baby, do a board
There:

Q4P3E9q.jpg

Hope you are happy... This is my least informed board ever, so take with a whole mountain of salt. A lot of my 'scouting' this year has been youtube clips and highlights. I don't have many strong opinions in this one, so I can be easily dissuaded by certain rankings with good info.

So after watching Bol Bol pro workout vid, he's definitely not falling in the draft like most mock draft predicts. He is so fluid when he shoots and dribbles/ballhanding for his size.

Exum is 23 years old. There are players in this draft who are 23 years old aren't there? Let's just pretend Dante is a rookie and get excited.
Exum has played far less real basketball than those people and we know he both can’t stay healthy and has shown little improvement.

Last edited:
There:

Q4P3E9q.jpg

Hope you are happy... This is my least informed board ever, so take with a whole mountain of salt. A lot of my 'scouting' this year has been youtube clips and highlights. I don't have many strong opinions in this one, so I can be easily dissuaded by certain rankings with good info.
No PJ in first round?
Interesting.