What's new

For the record....

My Grandfather, who played ball at Duke, and had a huge ego - smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake - even with his ego and stubbornness. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 34, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
Oh man, the payoff was just what the doctor ordered. I'm unfamiliar with this genre of internet message board tomfoolery, where a medium-length narrative ends with a slice-and-dice pwn. And I enjoyed it.

For example, I was a big Jeff Gordon fan (NASCAR). He had an unprecedented relationship with his crew chief, Ray Evernham, and they were dominant for several years, winning 3 championships and seriously contending for a few more. And then the egos of both got in the way. Each has admitted that they started to resent how much attention the other was getting, that they each believed they were mostly responsible for their success, and the relationship broke down. Neither Jeff nor Ray ever achieved anywhere near the same success in their careers working with other people.

I'd be fine wit hjthat, if the Jazz win three titles and then it kinda falls apart. Hell, I'd take one title. Just one.

Oh man, the payoff was just what the doctor ordered. I'm unfamiliar with this genre of internet message board tomfoolery, where a medium-length narrative ends with a slice-and-dice pwn. And I enjoyed it.

I'm glad to see those who joke police the board don't draw their line at cancer jokes.

You know, because cancer is funny?

Tomaytoe, Toemautoe.

Hehepeepeecaca

I'm glad to see those who joke police the board don't draw their line at cancer jokes.

You know, because cancer is funny?

Tomaytoe, Toemautoe.

Hehepeepeecaca

Jokes are great. Misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia aren't. But if someone on the board was pained by the cancer reference, I'd apologize and remember not to joke about that here.

P.S. My father died of brain cancer.

I understand that Quin looked worn off but actually he was very interested and excited towards the question that asked him about the importance of connection between Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell for franchise's future. His eyes shined actually. I don't call that being unhappy.