What's new

Friday Jazz VS Blazers 7pm MT

I will be slightly more optimistic towards our draft pick. With your attitude, you're out of the Russell club. Turn in your tank card or face the consequences.

Developing Gobert, who is a top 5 pick in nearly every draft, is more important.

Also don't think losing Kanter and not getting another rotation player (just draft picks and cap filler) really improves our team this year. It may really hurt us more too, especially if Favors or Gobert ever have to miss games.

Developing Gobert, who is a top 5 pick in nearly every draft, is more important.

Also don't think losing Kanter and not getting another rotation player (just draft picks and cap filler) really improves our team this year. It may really hurt us more too, especially if Favors or Gobert ever have to miss games.

Which part of "out of the ****in club" didn't you understand?

Gobert gonna get a triple double his first game as our starting franchise center! I think Portland will keep up in the first half, but will eventually tuck their tails between their legs and cry because Gobert will have officially "eaten their souls".

Now that we drafted Kanter for 10 more minutes of playing time for Gobert I'm stoked about this game :D

This scouting report on the jazz by the Portland beat writer is interesting....

Gobert bothered Aldridge when he was on him and while Aldridge finished with good numbers and had a good fourth quarter, he wasn’t exactly pleased with his performance after the game.

But Aldridge is always one to study his opponents so I should expect nothing than a throwback battle at the pivot between these two when Portland has the ball.

Defensively, the Blazers have to contend with Gordon Hayward who is an absolute monster in every facet of the game. In the open court he seeks out driving opportunities and 3-pointers and he will also get fouled. Hayward will be priority number one for Portland’s defense.

Link to the entire story...

The 3 bigs Gobert, Favors and Booker are going to step it up and try to prove that this is their team in the low post. I'm excited for tonight's game and to see how Snyder distributes the minutes.

The 3 bigs Gobert, Favors and Booker are going to step it up and try to prove that this is their team in the low post. I'm excited for tonight's game and to see how Snyder distributes the minutes.

I wonder if we'll see Hayward at the 4? Snyder said following the Kanter trade that it might lead to more small ball.

utah-jazz-new-logo-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg
Portland-Trail-Blazers-Wallpaper-HD-1024x744.jpg

Good news is that I'll be able to put a little more work into this game thread.

I wonder if we'll see Hayward at the 4? Snyder said following the Kanter trade that it might lead to more small ball.

That would be interesting to watch, as some have been claiming posting up as being one of Hayward's weaknesses. Well, pretty much he just hasn't been testing those waters.
Let's see what he's got if put in that position.

So Gobert's first match of his new era. We should expect some morale boost. How will it reflect to his statline do you think? Realistic numbers please. Not 56 rebounds.

That would be interesting to watch, as some have been claiming posting up as being one of Hayward's weaknesses. Well, pretty much he just hasn't been testing those waters.
Let's see what he's got if put in that position.

Does Snyder realize most of our wings have bad wings or legs?
We can play small ball by just inserting Evans into the lineup for 10 mins.