GAME 1: Little Ricky's journey to the playoffs -- Jazz @ Thunder 4/15/18 4:30 pm MST

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by infection, Apr 15, 2018.

1. vossy_3

vossy_3 Active Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Very fair analysis...

Rubio’s jumpshot in playoff intensity games just isn’t reliable enough, and defending Westbrook is tough for him.

If Rubios shot is off early I’d like to see Exum come in and defend Westbrook and play off the ball, let DM take more control earlier in the game.

It just feels like DM doesn’t get many shots early, generally because Rubio takes too many.

2. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    For real. You can't mention Mitchell without them showing up talking about Triple Doubles. They're so insecure.

3. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    Am I the only one who cringes every time Crowder has the ball?

4. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    so, pg13 has a hip contusion. That might either slow him down or sideline him. That's not a fun injury to play through, but its possible rubio did it earlier this year on numerous occasions, but I wonder how much this might effect pg.

5. Shad

Shad Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Some of the officiating in the middle of the game was probably by far the worse I've seen all season long. I can't believe it took Rubio to get whacked in the face to finally get the call, after he pushed the ground, then hit on the head, AND THEN smacked in the face to get the call. While Gobert is getting pushed in the back from Adams and gets called for a foul. That was hilarious at best on that call

LoPo likes this.
  6. jumpin bean

jumpin bean Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Charles Barkley on TNT just said the Jazz our toast and OKC will roll over the Jazz easy peasy and our a good matchup versus Houston.Why show up Jazz , the national media already have the refs paid and the results scripted and so its futile to even play the games.screw that beat their azz jazz.

7. tonstermits

tonstermits Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Charles also said GSW wouldn't win a ring playing "small ball"

8. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I like barkley, but this year he has been a bit out of it. He said the jazz won 10 games in a row, but they beat all under .500 teams, when we beat the raps, celtics, gsw, spurs2x, blazers, pelicans.....

midnight_hwy and jumpin bean like this.
  9. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    You know the best way to make sure I don't edit your post? ;-)

10. tfivas

tfivas Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Only we he creates his own shot, love him on catch and shoot tho.

11. elan_prodigy

elan_prodigy Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2016
    He is rye youngest of 18 siblings.

EIGHTEEN!!! Damn.

12. elan_prodigy

elan_prodigy Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Love Barkley but he doesnt watch NBA games.

13. infection

infection Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Have @Jason ban you from the forums on game days.

Bulletproof and colton like this.
  14. David Stern

David Stern Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Those TNT guys have been **** this year. I don't think they actually watch basketball anymore

15. radiohegel

radiohegel Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Charles Barkley's media career is entirely predicated on him being a complete moron who says outrageously absurd things. Apparently there are a substantial number of people who find it entertaining.

Anyways, keep that fact in mind when considering his takes.

16. prodigy

prodigy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I like Jerebko but that 4 minute stretch was BRUTAL - Carmelo takes one dribble and is by him for easy layup. In transition Felton blows by him for layup. Let's Carmelo step into a 3. Does a nice cut but get's denied by Grant on the layup attempt...annnddd his night is done. ouch. Carmelo did nothing for the rest of the game. I hope Jonas can redeem himself. He wasn't the only thought Jingles and Ricky had some tough moments as well. But that's what the playoffs are about, make the adjustments and come back better for game 2(and hope Paul George misses a shot, percentages say he won't make all those shots but we also gotta be better defensively)

Ellipse likes this.
  17. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2014
    OKC has three players better than anyone on Miami Westbrook, PG, and Adams.

The reason many people liked them was their playoff ceiling is higher because of top end talent.

18. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Philly fans went from having nothing to being good and incredibly arrogant so fast. They need to be careful or the basketball gods will claim one of their players to another injury.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  19. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    What I took from tonight:

-Donovan once again solidifies the fact he is a super star in the making, tough, and absolutely more committed to winning, his teammates, and fans more than he is worrying about his pain or paycheck..... lots of players we’ve seen come through would have happily sat down in that pain, Donovan looked like he was in more pain when he got pulled out for 20 seconds begging to get back in.

-Rubio needs to settle down and focus on hitting his shot not just getting a shot off.

-As much as I love Joe Ingles this is exactly the issue with having him as a primary player on your team. Once he is focused in on, he is easy to remove from a game. He is not athletic or fast enough to adjust to such focused pressurer. He’s a great roll player, maybe off the bench, but as one of your most important offensive options he isn’t skilled enough once he is keyed in on. He’ll have to do more.

-The Thunder are good, and have 3 great players....it shows.

-Jerebko was a disaster the short time he was on the floor tonight.

This was the exact team I wish they could have avoided, but here we are. It’s not a series until someone loses at home....if the Jazz plan on winning this series they need to get game 2.

sahlensguy and LifeOnaPlate like this.
  20. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    When Phillys beating a decent team then they can talk...but yeah they will anyway.