What's new

GAME 1: Little Ricky's journey to the playoffs -- Jazz @ Thunder 4/15/18 4:30 pm MST

Bitching to the refs is a mark of a star. Tim Duncan, Lebron James, Chris Paul, James Harden, Kevin Durant, etc. It's comes with the territory.
Donovan talks to refs during free throws, breaks, etc. He does what hes asked to do, and Quin asks players not to react to the refs during play time. Donovan rarely if ever complains while the game is going, and I don't see him really changing that any time soon simply because hes told not to do it by his head coach and Donovan cares more about doing whats asked of him than getting into a him vs ref battle while the game is in progress. He deserves a call on quite a few plays but honestly he isn't going to get it right now and eventually he will. I would be okay with him complaining a touch more than he does though, during breaks, but he should talk to the refs a little more, cause he does get mugged at times.

It’s never about changing that call it’s about the next call... and it works.

It also works to talk to the ref respectful during the breaks. They listen to players who do that. Some of those players also do that and it helps them.

I would be curios to see any data that shows complaining a bunch leads to more calls later in the game. I think it hurts those guys just as often or more than it helps. It might get them to make a call here and there but I also think it makes them not believe them.

If a ref is missing something and you point it out they are more likely to see it. If you complain about everything then they dont are not going to be looking at something specific.

Plus its embarrassing. Even if it gets you an extra call a game (which I doubt it does) that is not worth it. Its obnoxious to watch.

It also works to talk to the ref respectful during the breaks. They listen to players who do that. Some of those players also do that and it helps them.

I would be curios to see any data that shows complaining a bunch leads to more calls later in the game. I think it hurts those guys just as often or more than it helps. It might get them to make a call here and there but I also think it makes them not believe them.

If a ref is missing something and you point it out they are more likely to see it. If you complain about everything then they dont are not going to be looking at something specific.

Plus its embarrassing. Even if it gets you an extra call a game (which I doubt it does) that is not worth it. Its obnoxious to watch.

I agree... I don't want our guys turning into boogie cousins. I am not sure there is any way to measure it, but CP, Harden, and others sure seem to get the benefit of the doubt. I watch Barea flop all night and draw stupid fouls all the time so not just superstars.

I think the nice guy gets less calls tbh... I can see there being a tipping point. If I had to pick one side... I'd prefer our guys just play on though... it is frustrating as hell to watch Favs do it right over the years and just get **** on so much.

I agree... I don't want our guys turning into boogie cousins. I am not sure there is any way to measure it, but CP, Harden, and others sure seem to get the benefit of the doubt. I watch Barea flop all night and draw stupid fouls all the time so not just superstars.

I think the nice guy gets less calls tbh... I can see there being a tipping point. If I had to pick one side... I'd prefer our guys just play on though... it is frustrating as hell to watch Favs do it right over the years and just get **** on so much.

Ingles complained a lot to the refs yesterday and I think it hurt us. He didnt get back on some plays. I hate seeing that. I dont mind players talking to the refs during breaks or when they can. Favors could talk to the refs more. But our team makes it really hard for refs to call the games against us. Rubio and Gobert flail as much as anyone in the league. Favors has a similar problem to Lebron in that he is strong enough to absorb contact and not make it look like much.

Personally I didnt like how the refs called the game. Not because the calls were not lopsided but they stopped momentum a lot in the 3rd quarter and that hurt us more than them.

But we didnt lose the game because of the refs. We lost because they were very hot from 3, we did a poor job rebounding, we didnt run our offense sharply and we didnt hit our open shots.

Jerebko has ZERO lateral movement. It was almost comical watching Anthony drive by him. It looked like he was frozen in time. His head didn't even move as if he were watching Carmelo blow by him. Stood there like a statue then all of a sudden jerked around as if it startled him. So so bad.

The Jazz are 0-1 since I updated my avatar, but I don't think the two things are correlated. Will monitor the situation.
Jerebko has ZERO lateral movement. It was almost comical watching Anthony drive by him. It looked like he was frozen in time. His head didn't even move as if he were watching Carmelo blow by him. Stood there like a statue then all of a sudden jerked around as if it startled him. So so bad.

That play is frozen in my memory. Same with a bunch of PG's threes and those two killer turnovers Dante made in a row. But also that nice dunk by Mitchell in the 1st Q.

Patience and perspective is all you are missing.
I’m not saying I truly miss him, I’m saying that’s the exact place we are lacking on athleticism on both ends of the floor. PG vs that guy is a far more even match up than PG vs Joe. It’s an honest perspective. As long as we have Donovan all is right with the world I’m just saying.