What's new

GAME 1(!): Your UTAH JAZZ hosting OKLAHOBOS -- Wednesday Oct30 7pm MST -- ROOT Sports

We're going to be damn good in a year or two. But for now, we really need a top 5 pick to find someone who can take over games. Hayward isn't that guy.

I still think we will get one. I don't think we can expect Burks/Harris to go 37 pts between them many games.

So Corbin should have broken up the lineup that fought the Jazz back into the game?

Stupid.

There was a definite lull which is when I thought he could have brought him back in. It was at the TO when he took Burks out and put in Hayward. I thought that would have been an appropriate time to put in Enes. I M O. By taking Burks out he had already broken up the lineup that got them back in the game.

If Hayward had drained a single one of those ****ing jumpers, maybe we'd be singing a different tune.

Interestingly: Durant totally missed nearly every one of his shots towards the end of the game. Not sure if he was cold, or if the Jazz were playing some serious D on him.

Again, I feel like our talent is underrated.

Facepalm man! OKC is not a contender without Westbrook. They have never contended without Westbrook. Westbrook is not just a good player. Westbrook is a great player. He is a top-10 NBA player. He is instrumental in what OKC hopes to do in their game plans, in the structure of their team, and in any hopes they have at making it anywhere in the playoffs. Are you kidding (trolling) me? Are you so desperate for silver linings that you're willing to either completely downplay and distort the truth or delude yourself into thinking this way? I don't know why it bugs me so much, other than the fact that is just seems so... dishonest

Edit: I'm not saying it's not cool that we played as close as we did. But why do we have to lie about the quality of team we were playing? Are we so desperate for good feelings and what not. Is it not enough to say we played a decent playoff quality team close? Why must we embellish

Oh, I didn't mean to bother you so! I was just happy the Jazz competed against a good team for 48 minutes. You know, this being a forum for Jazz fans.

Oh, I didn't mean to bother you so! I was just happy the Jazz competed against a good team for 48 minutes. You know, this being a forum for Jazz fans.

I want to like this a dozen times!

GO JAZZ!

There was a definite lull which is when I thought he could have brought him back in. It was at the TO when he took Burks out and put in Hayward. I thought that would have been an appropriate time to put in Enes. I M O. By taking Burks out he had already broken up the lineup that got them back in the game.

And when Hayward left the game in 3rd, the Jazz were down by 12.

LOL, you think Kanter on the bench was why they came back? Now that's stupid.

I bet okc scored fewer pts with gobert on the court than off tonight.

The ball didn't get to kanter enough within 15 feet but what can you expect with that pg rotation.

And when Hayward left the game in 3rd, the Jazz were down by 12.

I was getting so much **** for complaining about those 4th quarter rotations in chat. Because if you're a fan of not benching player when they're playing well, you're automatically a braindead acolyte of one player.

When a player is the one facilitating and keeping us competitive and in the game, while the game is at a crucial juncture, choosing that moment to bench him for a possible (but not yet physically manifested) fatigue problem is the very definition of cutting off one's nose to spite the face.

Fun game to watch aside from the 2nd Q. Favors had too many TOs, but he's learning, and was making some really impressive passes. Burks obviously did great. Hayward a pretty big disappointment. Harris came out of nowhere. I wonder if he can consistently put up 8 or so points off the bench. JLIII's airball 3 near the end of the 3rd was amazingly great. Many of the comments here are actually worth reading, too.

Can't wait to have Burke back on the team. It's a good thing we have ****ty backups because even in his worst games, Burke will look like an all star by comparison.

Favors had 5 assists tonight...just outstanding.

That man has really worked on improving his overall game. Nice to see.

You know what I loved about this game?

We came within three points of knocking out a championship contender, with their best player going of for 40-- all while we only dressed 10 jerseys. Marvin, Rush, and Burke all out with injury.

Im telling you-- this team will not be as bad as people think we will be. We have so much ****ing talent, and every player on this roster doesn't want to lose.

Sorry to the tank crowd, but I'm expecting lotsa heart from this group of guys.

Great start to the season. Go Jazz!

I will enjoy watching you cry like a small boy. A very small boy. Small. Boy.