What's new

GAME 1(!): Your UTAH JAZZ hosting OKLAHOBOS -- Wednesday Oct30 7pm MST -- ROOT Sports

Was up in the nose bleeds but it was a fun game minus parts of the 3rd qtr.

It's always a little different being at the game then watching on TV, harder to keep track of stats in my head but glad you guys seemed to see the same things I did.

Biggest reason for the loss (that Jazz could control) is TO's way to many but expected with the young roster and PG situation.
Second was rebounding especially in the first half and all the offensive rebounds they gave up (Kanter seemed much better rebounding in the 2nd half).
Third was to many missed FT's.

Speaking of FT's and things the Jazz can't control anybody go to or tune into the game and expect to watch a basketball game but a Durant FT shooting exhibition broke out instead? I had to recheck my ticket and make sure it was a Jazz ticket and not a Durant FT camp.

Between Durant getting super star calls and his offensive flopping (that up and under arm rip move aka "the Durant" is supposed to be a point of emphasis but hey the move is only named after him) and Fisher his usual flopping self and Collison defensive flopping (funny how close his name is to Collins aka Jarron Collins) they will always be the top or near the top of FT shooting this year.

I said it in the preseason that lack of star power and ref respect will ensure a few losses in close games. The lack of offensive cohesion and execution will be a bigger reason but just saying those 2 things will make it difficult for the Jazz to close out many games I think.

So they gave out magnetic schedules ay the game, and I'm glad I grabbed some extras because as Hayward's last shot came out I slammed two of them on the seat in front of me.

25s2xp4.jpg

I only made it for the second half, but it was a lot of fun!

Sent from my wherever my phone is

You almost look like you were up by me in section KK, I was row 20 seat 3&4.

yeah I had already edited that to fine. you got me. good on ya
It's not fine either. Gordo wasn't good tonight. The pull-up jumper is as broken as ever. His 1-5 0-1 1-2 performance in the 4th was ugly. Dude is an off-ball player. The Jazz need Burke to get back on the court ASAP so Gordo can go back to spotting up.

It's not fine either. Gordo wasn't good tonight. The pull-up jumper is as broken as ever. His 0-4 0-1 1-2 performance in the 4th was ugly. Dude is an off-ball player. The Jazz need Burke to get back on the court ASAP so Gordo can go back to spotting up.

it's fine for a game. Again it's just how things go. sometimes the shots don't fall. I really don't think this is the performance we can expect to see every night and I doubt you do either, calm down. The rest of his game looked pretty good he had 3 steals and 5 assists and I like the fact that he wanted to take the final shot. Make it or not it is a good sign that he is ready and willing to step into that role.

it's fine for a game. Again it's just how things go. sometimes the shots don't fall. I really don't think this is the performance we can expect to see every night and I doubt you do either, calm down. The rest of his game looked pretty good he had 3 steals and 5 assists and I like the fact that he wanted to take the final shot. Make it or not it is a good sign that he is ready and willing to step into that role.
If he's used in that role, I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots under 40% this season and is near the top (bottom?) of the league in turnovers.

I didn't realise until now, but we missed 10 free throws to their 4. and we lost by 3... Great game.

I was really impressed by Favors tonight. His line doesn't reflect how much growth he showed.

This was the one of the most entertaining games of the Jazz I watched for a couple of years now. The Jazz looks promising, and I have faith that they have the core for a long championship run.

Yeah Hayward sucked, but I believe he is a little confused with the contract extension issues. I wasn't expecting him to be %100 anyway.
In the first half, Kanter looked lost some time. He needs to focus. I didn't liked his attitude when his name was called at the begining neither. He didn't jumped for a chest bump and looked sad in some way.
I liked Harris. If he continues to play like this, he'll be solid rotation player.
Favors is what I was expecting. I think 4/49 is a steal.
I hope Tinsley will not send bricks beyond the arc ever again. He did it twice as far as I remember.
I'm really surprised to see Gobert had such playing time. Hello? Jazz? He's a rookie! You don't give PT to rookies, remember?

Burks iz da man. He will be chucker for some games, but seeing a Jordanesque reverse lay ups is worth it. I have a mancrush on him.

Or fix some habits pretty quick (which is the idea), which will speed the game up.

The younger adapt easier.

I saw Gobert on one possession holding his arms to the air trying to escape from the ball falling inside the net. Looked both funny and miserable. I understand making a stand about a new rule to make it practical as soon as possible, but screwing the game is another thing.

Like I have been saying since Burks was drafted...................he has a chance to be really good given the opportunity. I also believe he should be given some point guard time.

Like I have been saying since Burks was drafted...................he has a chance to be really good given the opportunity. I also believe he should be given some point guard time.

I think he would look more comfortable and contribute more with Burke on the floor with him. They both have the ability to attack the rim with fast drives and athletic English'es, being able to draw fouls and they both are above average talented in making 3's despite their inconsistent stats. Jazz's system would spread to the floor a great deal if they are both on the floor feeding the 2 bigs.

3 playmakers on the floor with a threat of two physically strong, smooth-moving and more-than-decent scoring bigmen that can open space for each other.

Even though they lost, I had more fun watching this Jazz group (especially in the first) than I have had in years.

Some random musings:

1) Damn Hayward sucked. Awful shooting and a turnover machine, though in fairness to him the whole team just sucked there. The 22-13 difference in turnovers is the story of the game.

2) I hate refs who blow their whistle after the ball has hit the rim or backboard. Harris got a weak call that way in the 2nd.

3) That sequence from Hayward to Favors in the first was spectacular. One of the many reasons I'm liking watching this team so far. And that Burks layup was one of the craziest I've ever seen in terms of height and english.