What's new

Game #26. Jazz in Miami, the land of 36 skyscrapers in a few minutes Mtn time.

1-Naos, do you really believe Jennings would accept a back up roll anywhere?

2- I think Trey is an average to below average nba backup pg. he might have a nice long career like Carlos Arryo or Jason Hart, but he will never achieve the greatness of Earl Watson. #whatweretheythinking

The Jazz sold it as intangibles: winner, leadership, clutch.

He IS pretty good with those, but so are some church league guys. Those do NOT make up for serious lack of physical attributes.

I am very dissappointed in DL for this selection, as you would think that those were known. In addition, he was over-rated based on the NCAA tournament, and they should have known that as well. I know he says that it was Ty's idea, but Ty should have been over-ruled.

1-Naos, do you really believe Jennings would accept a back up roll anywhere?

2- I think Trey is an average to below average nba backup pg. he might have a nice long career like Carlos Arryo or Jason Hart, but he will never achieve the greatness of Earl Watson. #whatweretheythinking

I don't know Jennings, so ????. I'm guessing, though, that he probably wants to win sometime soon. And I'm guessing that some team will get him to buy in to something like a Jamal Crawford. And I'm guessing that team will be better off.

Looking more and more like Kanter rather than Burks should have been the one the Jazz held onto.

Maybe the jazz made a good offer to both Burks and kanter but kanter turned the offer down.

Great quote from Heat message board "hayward doing us dirty like he did LeBron"

He IS pretty good with those, but so are some church league guys. Those do NOT make up for serious lack of physical attributes.

I am very dissappointed in DL for this selection, as you would think that those were known. In addition, he was over-rated based on the NCAA tournament, and they should have known that as well. I know he says that it was Ty's idea, but Ty should have been over-ruled.

I also think the selection was based on the system Utah was using - the old Sloan P&R model which relies on a pass-first, traditional PG. And this is where Quin is such a better basketball mind. He's shown the P&R can be run from virtually anywhere on the court and it doesn't have to be done with just the PG/PF.

The pickings were very slim at #9: look at who GM's thought were the 3 BPA's: Burke, Carter-Williams and McCollum. I wouldn't say MCW is any better than Trey, although he does have size. He scores more, but if we think Trey takes too many shots, just look at the volume MCW puts up! MCW does get assists, but he has no range (25% on his 3's). It was pretty telling that he earned ROY and Philly already had him on the trading block. McCollum was billed as a combo guard, but he's really a SG who is a bit undersized for the position (6'4"). Nothing special there.

In hinsight, Jazz would have been better off staying put and drafting Giannis. But that's what happens when you have a glaring position of need. And not just need....DIRE NEED! Utah had to get a PG. I'm sure they looked at who was going to be available in free agency and thought Trey was the best option.

Maybe the jazz made a good offer to both Burks and kanter but kanter turned the offer down.

Kind of like Favors/Hayward. Favors opted for the security; Hayward wanted a bigger deal and believed he could get it. No doubt Kanter's agent probably just said, "look around, see what even average bigs are getting. You've got a ton of potential and will get a chance to start and prove your worth."

And just imagine the bitching that would have occurred on this board through the first 10-15 games if Kanter had gotten a $48M/4 yr deal. There would have been a few "fire Lindsey" threads with a ton of posters claiming the Jazz could have re-signed an offense-only PF for $6-8M tops!

This is an impressive highlight reel. He's scoring in multiple ways. He's parlaying all that experience from last year into good results.

#vindicationofCorbin

He is a post game away from being a truly complete scorer. Given his recent bulking up and desire to play more physically, including turn around jumpers with contact in the paint, I would have to think a post game is his next off season task.

It would be cool to see a news report about Hayward learning from Hakeem. Maybe he can also dial up Kobe once he retires. Kobe likes Hayward, no?

I don't know Jennings, so ????. I'm guessing, though, that he probably wants to win sometime soon. And I'm guessing that some team will get him to buy in to something like a Jamal Crawford. And I'm guessing that team will be better off.

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A0A1F81DC41157185237432836096_3fa8d70e2c0.1.3.11904611636697753007.mp4?versionId=pWVGGG.BMf6udTr630oE0SSfeN9IEi6w

Jennings though.

Jazz gonna be on a three game winning streak at the end of Saturday night

Let's not forget Miami played without a key guy in Bosh. Orlando should win. Jazz should take the game in Charlotte.

Why should Orlando win? I've seen them play like complete trash. They're athletic enough to stay in games despite sloppy play, but if a team is able to execute sound bball for four quarters, then they should beat Orlando. I'm not impressed. nuff said.

Let's not forget Miami played without a key guy in Bosh. Orlando should win. Jazz should take the game in Charlotte.

Why? Both teams are pretty much the same team. In fact our NetRtg is a little better than theirs (-5.4 vs. -5.5). True Orlandos record is better but they are playing mostly East teams. So **** them. We're going for the W baby!