What's new

Game 3 Round 1 San Antonio Spurs VS Utah Jazz, Sat. May 5th @ 8pm MT --Official Game Thread--

Doesn't like the matchup, you know, because the other lineups really seem to be gems working wonders.

Unlike Corbin, Karl doesn't have 2 players who are better offensively on the front line than Fahried.

My god! The Jazz got demolished and seem likely to get swept and embarrassed. And you STILL can't let go of your blind authority worship? Jesus.

My god! The Jazz got demolished and seem likely to get swept and embarrassed. And you STILL can't let go of your blind authority worship? Jesus.

How is your tune going to change if the Jazz win Game 3 or 4?

How is your tune going to change if the Jazz win Game 3 or 4?

That is very unlikely if Favors continues to get 15 minutes a game. However, with a few adjustments, I see winning a couple of games as a real possibility. I am simply referring to Torbin's tireless "coach knows best" attitude. I mean I expect that from some stupid ******* like Craig, but CT seems to be within the normal range of human intelligence, so it blows my mind that he can't get past "but Jefferson scores a lot!".

That is very unlikely if Favors continues to get 15 minutes a game. However, with a few adjustments, I see winning a couple of games as a real possibility. I am simply referring to Torbin's tireless "coach knows best" attitude. I mean I expect that from some stupid ******* like Craig, but CT seems to be within the normal range of human intelligence, so it blows my mind that he can't get past "but Jefferson scores a lot!".

Jefferson is getting killed on the Parker-Duncan pick and roll. The problem is against San Antonio we can't hide Jefferson's bad D in space. We can't help too much because of their 3 pt shooters. And Parker is going to get around Jefferson 98 times out of a 100. So if it was up to me I would play zone or try putting Big Al on anyone but Duncan. It might not work either but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane.

At home I expect Harris to play better and the team to have more energy in general.

Most probably couldn't give 2 ****s, but MKG and TJones gonna catch the game tonight (tv).

I don't like Jefferson either man, but he has to start dominating for us to have a chance. I want him traded as badly as anyone else does, believe me. I want to keep his trade value high. I don't want him benched below 30 minutes. How does that look to teams that may want him on their team?

I don't like Jefferson either man, but he has to start dominating for us to have a chance. I want him traded as badly as anyone else does, believe me. I want to keep his trade value high. I don't want him benched below 30 minutes. How does that look to teams that may want him on their team?

Jefferson dominating means running every other play through him and killing any chance the Jazz might have of winning. I've never seen the Jazz play worse than when Jefferson dominates. So far, the only time the Jazz seemed competitive is with Favors on the floor. He should be getting 35+ minutes a game. Jefferson has been owned this series, and I don't see him doing anything better than his typical 20 points on 22 shots routine. It is best if Favors/AJ/Millsap lineup gets the majority of the minutes, and the Jazz focus on a balanced offense based on ball movement.

Jefferson dominating means running every other play through him and killing any chance the Jazz might have of winning. I've never seen the Jazz play worse than when Jefferson dominates. So far, the only time the Jazz seemed competitive is with Favors on the floor. He should be getting 35+ minutes a game. Jefferson has been owned this series, and I don't see him doing anything better than his typical 20 points on 22 shots routine. It is best if Favors/AJ/Millsap lineup gets the majority of the minutes, and the Jazz focus on a balanced offense based on ball movement.

No. It means our wings need to start hitting outside shots to keep SA's defense honest. How are Al and Sap suppose to score when Hayward,Carrol, Howard, Burks, Harris, and Tinsley can't even make a wide open jump shot?

No. It means our wings need to start hitting outside shots to keep SA's defense honest. How are Al and Sap suppose to score when Hayward,Carrol, Howard, Burks, Harris, and Tinsley can't even make a wide open jump shot?

Howard, Harris, Carrol and Tinsley cannot shoot and never have. The Jazz make a huge blunder when they pick up a bunch of these guys. We cannot score 50 points per game off of back-door cut layups.

Howard, Harris, Carrol and Tinsley cannot shoot and never have. The Jazz make a huge blunder when they pick up a bunch of these guys. We cannot score 50 points per game off of back-door cut layups.

I'm pretty sure Harris lead us in 3pt % this year.

Agreed. The Jazz need to look into picking up guys who can shoot, like the Spurs do. The Jazz seem to favor athletes who can slash with their Dleague pick ups.

Great take!

I can't stand the blind authority worship either.

I don't disagree with that, but it doesn't seem relevant to your previous comment about needing Jefferson to dominate?

I don't disagree with that, but it doesn't seem relevant to your previous comment about needing Jefferson to dominate?

Inside/Outside game. The Spurs don't respect the outside so it makes it really hard for our interior players.

It'd be foolish to sacrifice playoff competitiveness for some guy's future trade value. You know we won't trade him anyway. But if we do, how big of a talent drop off in skill would we get back that would equal putting together a series where we get swept? I'd guess the drop in value would mean that instead of getting back a top 30 protected pick we get a top 35 protected pick. Sounds exciting.

It'd be foolish to sacrifice playoff competitiveness for some guy's future trade value. You know we won't trade him anyway. But if we do, how big of a talent drop off in skill would we get back that would equal putting together a series where we get swept? I'd guess the drop in value would mean that instead of getting back a top 30 protected pick we get a top 35 protected pick. Sounds exciting.

What?

Reducing Al's minutes increases the amount we get blow out by. Fairly simple
Jazz by 7 tonite btw. Big Al, 25/12 -- Sap 18/10 and gets credit for winning the game
Hayward learns the proper way to flop tonite against Manu Gifloppy and gets a call.