What's new

Game #4 - Utah Jazz @ Memphis Grizzlies

Looks like Hayward was working on slashing to the hoop with AK during the offseason. He has mastered off-the-ball movement. Even when he has (had) the ball.

Rudy Gay catches the ball with both feet inside the three point line, and somehow ends up with both feet outside the three point line without dribbling.

Is that a travel or am I crazy?

A Lowe point?

tumblr_llf3654nik1qb2d30.png

I have not read a thing in here since about noon. Two thoughts about the first half:

I like that Burks is getting some burn. I'm glad that Corbin is willing to try some different things.

I also like that Corbin at least tried to get Favors is for an defensive stop at the end of the half. Corbin is certainly trying this game.

I'd always thought Marvin Williams to merely be an underachieving athletic player; but I've realized he's got a good basketball mind and is a composed player.

Favors at a -10 for +/- tonight. He was -14 the other night. Can he please wake the **** up? And yes, I know it's an imperfect stat.

Memphis was double teaming and pushing our guards way out. Why in the world can't the Jazz ever play that kind of defense? Our defense is always reactionary.

If the Jazz play this season correctly, they can pile up the losses at the beginning of the season so that the end-of-season tanking isn't as obvious.