What's new

Game 45 - Rockets at Jazz 7:00 MST, Root Sports

There's nothing to analyze in this game. We just stunk. Disasters happen. But I'd feel better if we at least missed a bunch of easy shots generated from an offense we don't have. Defensively, I'm not sure what to think. We were terrible, terrible, terrible on the PnR, but they made everything.

Even Billy doesn't have it tonight.

COrbin said he'll watch the film from tonight, but will likely shield the players. Said: "I don’t think the guys need to see this one again"

:confused:

COrbin said he'll watch the film from tonight, but will likely shield the players. Said: "I don’t think the guys need to see this one again"

There are so many things the Jazz did poorly that there's not point in watching the whole game over to point out the bazillion problems one by one.

I'd also like to add that you can't buy a continuation from Joey Crawford.

For real! If this game was even slightly contested I might have brought this up... this guy's always making the game about himself. "Nope... tonight I am limiting continuation!"

I didn't watch the game for obvious reasons.
I know it's a terrible game, but is watching the youngsters in garbage time worth it? Particularly Burks and Favors? Should I watch any portion of this mess keeping in mind that I fast forward the vets anyways?
Rep to any answers. I already know what may have happened. Lin burned Tinsley. Watson left unguarded 15 ft out, Al kicked in the nuts on PnR and Foye on Harden.

Its past time to put Ty in the rearview mirror, and forget he ever coached the Jazz. (Al can join him)

If we're gonna lose, let's lose by a zillion points every time. I can't quit laughing at these guys trying to talk about this game. Thurl just said, "We just need to put a body on someone." We're down by 40! What, a dead body? Now Boler is talking about how many times the Rockets and Jazz have met in the playoffs. Playoffs! Now we're down by 50!

I know it's a terrible game, but is watching the youngsters in garbage time worth it? Particularly Burks and Favors? Should I watch any portion of this mess keeping in mind that I fast forward the vets anyways?
Rep to any answers. I already know what may have happened. Lin burned Tinsley. Watson left unguarded 15 ft out, Al kicked in the nuts on PnR and Foye on Harden.

Zero reason to watch the game whatsoever, unless you want to watch Favors attempt a three. If so, just fast forward to 5'ish minutes left in the 4th qtr.

Can't believe the Rockets took that 3 with 13 seconds left.

That was classless as ****.

What bush league ******** from Houston. I know most people had the game off at this point - but I hope this isn't forgotten and people understand why they did it. They were up by 47, rushed the ball up the court so they could launch a 3 and win by 50. Luckily Murphy got it back.

Corbin of course totally whiffs when asked about it:

"That’s who they are," he said. "That’s what they do. I can’t worry about that."

C'mon Ty. Show a little ****ing backbone - will ya?

glad i switched this rubbish off at half time.

i picked a good day to miss my first half of jazz ball for the year.. although i missed the favors 3 attempt.. someone tell him we need more of this if the starters are going to stink it up!

Considering that they are one of the youngest teams in the league and that last game's performance was a rare hot streak shooting pace for them, they probably laid off every moral norm they've had somewhere inside them and just enjoyed the torturing. I think it is not that offensive, but if it was a bigger team like Heat or smth, I would be pissed too.

I don't even have words to describe that cluster-f

Is Hayward really that necessary?

And Millsap should donate whatever paycheck he earned tonight back to the owners. His performance was an utter disgrace, but then again, so was everyone's.

Actually, I don't blame him. That game film should never see the light of day in the media room ever again.

No. There was not a single thing worth watching in this game. This honestly ranks up there with the one game in the first Finals as one of the worst games I've ever seen the Jazz play. No hyperbole, this game was absolutely brutal.