What's new

Game 45 - Rockets at Jazz 7:00 MST, Root Sports

Play of the game was Murphy draining a 3 for giggles

Kept this game from being the worst loss ever for Utah jazz(46) since that made is lose by 45

Congratulations on a historic game, fellas. Biggest home loss in franchise history!

filephpiconparty0007.gif
filephpiconparty0007.gif

party.gif
happy-smiley-8814.gif
party.gif

sport-smiley-5537.gif

It's not like the rockets, "just got hot" and the rest was history. Locke reported before the tip that over the past 5 games opponents were shooting 52 percent against us and that at some point our lack of defense would come back to bite us. Last night was one of those nights. Then again, is it a surprise? Our p&r defense has been horrible for a few years now. Big Al is worthless defensively. Did we really expect Lin and Harden to not exploit this?

Sad *** game. Delfino broke the Jazz's will to play basketball by draining 4 (I think) straight 3's in a span of a few minutes. From there on it was an utter blowout.

This game also magnified why we need MoWill back as soon as possible.

At this point we all need to take a deep breath and realize what the next step is......................

Go Pelicans!

It was shameful and unprofessional how the Rockets behaved in the fourth quarter. They were definitely rubbing it in. Karma will come back to them. I just cannot believe that Ty is just passing this off as one game. If I were coach I would make these guys watch every minute like most fans did. I would show AL how he isn't playing hard. How the guards couldn't keep anyone out of the lane and then I would challenge their manhood. I know some nights you do not have your A game but you don't just give up if you are getting your butt handed to you.

On a bright note, I thought Kanter and Favors played well. I also thought Murphy played well. I know everyone thinks he can't play but I still think he has a chance because he can shoot the ball. After a loss like this I would just trade Millsap/AJ/Marvin Williams and start over. Play the young guys and hope the Jazz are bad enough to get a high pick in the 2014. I am done with Millsap and Jefferson, and Foye (unless he stays a backup) and Marvin Williams.

What bush league ******** from Houston. I know most people had the game off at this point - but I hope this isn't forgotten and people understand why they did it. They were up by 47, rushed the ball up the court so they could launch a 3 and win by 50. Luckily Murphy got it back.

Corbin of course totally whiffs when asked about it:

C'mon Ty. Show a little ****ing backbone - will ya?

By the time the game's over you shouldn't worry about that. If anything he should have gotten after Kevin McHale about it before everyone left the court.

I am not upset at the Rockets for pouring it on. This isn't Jr. Jazz, it isn't church ball. The fans pay to watch, the players are paid ridiculous ammounts to play---and if they don't put up a fight they deserve to get embarrased.

If the rockets had let up a little and won by say 30, would the Jazz feel less embarrassed this morning? Would TY feel a little more secure in his job? Would the GM be less inclined to re-evaluate his plan? If the answer to any of those are yes, or even a maybe, then I am glad the Rockets continued to abuse the Jazz.

Like Mellow I am not upset that the Rockets kept shooting. This is a proffesional sport and they are, at least to me, one of our most hated rivals. I would want the Jazz to humiliate them given the chance.

I still stand by my stance that the Jazz are a superior team to the Rockets and that the Jazz beat themselves. No energy, bad coaching, no sense of offensive flow, bad D...

Game #45... loss by 45...
Hopefully this will spur the trade talks. My fear was that a strong run in the next week or two would discourage breaking up the "chemistry".

Game #45... loss by 45...
Hopefully this will spur the trade talks. My fear was that a strong run in the next week or two would discourage breaking up the "chemistry".

I hope that doesn't mean the Jazz lose to the Hornets by 46 tomorrow.

I would make these guys watch every minute like most fans did. I would show AL how he isn't playing hard. How the guards couldn't keep anyone out of the lane and then I would challenge their manhood. I know some nights you do not have your A game but you don't just give up if you are getting your butt handed to you.

I completely agree. Of course they should be forced to sit, and watch that mess. They need to be disgusted with themselves.
Acting like it never happened is the wrong decision. Typical Corbin. Sweep it under the rug. Adjust nothing.

Maybe Corbin is embarrassed by his pathetic rotations, and coaching. He doesn't want to expose his stupidity as well.

What bush league ******** from Houston. I know most people had the game off at this point - but I hope this isn't forgotten and people understand why they did it. They were up by 47, rushed the ball up the court so they could launch a 3 and win by 50. Luckily Murphy got it back.

Corbin of course totally whiffs when asked about it:

C'mon Ty. Show a little ****ing backbone - will ya?

They took at least 11 threes in the fourth (already up 34 points), and 4 in the last 80 seconds (up 40+).

No. There was not a single thing worth watching in this game. This honestly ranks up there with the one game in the first Finals as one of the worst games I've ever seen the Jazz play. No hyperbole, this game was absolutely brutal.

Zero reason to watch the game whatsoever, unless you want to watch Favors attempt a three. If so, just fast forward to 5'ish minutes left in the 4th qtr.

Owe you guys rep.

It sounds like I was right about Foye guarding Harden and Tinsley guarding Lin.
And based off the tweets I read about the game, I think what happened is that Houston sagged off Watson and Tinsley and basically clogged up everyone else. I think this game is going to be scouted by the other teams and they're just not going to guard our PGs anymore. It's going to be brutal when teams start sagging completely off our PGs. This is why I hate Watson and am glad we don have Kendall Marshall

Here is a little living backwards:

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody about 44 minutes ago
How many times did Corbin rewatch Jazz's 45-point loss? "You don't want to know. It wasn't good the second time or the third time, either."

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody about 32 minutes ago
Is Corbin going to run the 45-point loss out of players? "We'll see. We'll see. We'll have practice." Asked if media can watch: "No."

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 21 minutes ago
Marvin Williams calls Tyrone Corbin a defensive-minded coach, and that he "he really does put an emphasis on defense."

If you are concerned at all about an opponent being so much better than you that they are able to totally embarrass you on your own floor, the response should be to try and prevent that from happening (trying harder and/or demanding more from your organization/players/coaches), not whining about meanies. Get better. Try harder. Don't accept quit.

**** the Rockets, but whatever. This is the apex of competition in the sport, so come to the table with that reality in mind. Teams that don't show up prepared and with the right mentality WILL be embarrassed relative to expectations (for example, the Heat losing to the Wizards at all, or a mediocre team getting nuked on their home floor by another mediocre team).