What's new

Game 53: Jazz @ Kings 2/7 8:00 MT

Pretty sad that our PG outrebounded our starting center.

Man this team sucks. Barely beat Sacramento? How far we've fallen...

This game is as good as a loss in my book. Sacramento is 12-36 and nearly beat us.

The mavs also almost to the cavs at home. They must have fallen really far also. No playoffs for them. Also, that 9 game win streak is all lick. We are definitely struggling, but that was a good win against a bad team who played well and had a lot of help from the refs. Not a huge win, but I will take it.

This game is as good as a loss in my book. Sacramento is 12-36 and nearly beat us.

I find your negativity to be very childish a win is a win I don't care how ugly the jazz win as long as they win. The last 5 minutes was brilliant Bell was huge Ak was big. Despite the refs doing everything they could to hand the kings the wi the jazz steped up and won a game they probably should've lost. The jazz showed a lot of grit in getting this one done.

To me the kings are a better team then their record indicates. There young and talented and have two studs to build a good team they aren't the Cavs.

Good win by the Jazz!

I find your negativity to be very childish a win is a win I don't care how ugly the jazz win as long as they win. The last 5 minutes was brilliant Bell was huge Ak was big. Despite the refs doing everything they could to hand the kings the wi the jazz steped up and won a game they probably should've lost. The jazz showed a lot of grit in getting this one done.

To me the kings are a better team then their record indicates. There young and talented and have two studs to build a good team they aren't the Cavs.

Good win by the Jazz!

Ah yes.

The refs argument again.

They must hate small markets. Or mormons.

I'm sure the refs had everything to do with our terrible defense, horrible rebounding, and once again CJ's bricks.

But it's never actually this team playing poorly. Or the other team playing decently. It's always the refs.

The Curious Case of Al Jefferson: Sometimes it seems like he's really starting to get it in the Jazz offense but others its still like Minny black hole time. Not sure what to make of it

Nothing curious about it. Young, talented kid who was on awful teams and is taking some time to grasp the Jazz system. Still not even at all-star break yet.

That's why I've remained optimistic about THIS season... I think they'll all "get it" and start rolling. I can't say whether that will be tomorrow or at the end of March.

That's why I've remained optimistic about THIS season... I think they'll all "get it" and start rolling. I can't say whether that will be tomorrow or at the end of March.

I only hope that it is'nt too late before they "start rolling". Because, any more bad losses and we are in serious trouble, with the propects of facing Lakers/Spurs in the first round without homecourt being quite high

Deron bats hard for Fess. From SLTRIB:

Sloan: Yeah, I think that's one of his better games. That's a good point. He played bigger. Sometimes he plays like he's 6-1, and he's 7-feet tall. When he starts taking up space and goes to the basket and tries to get to the free throw line — that's the biggest thing is dunking, first; then get to the free throw line.

Williams: Fes, given the minutes, he always performs. He does a great job. He knows the game. He might make a few boneheaded plays a game, but who doesn't? Coach has got to realize that and let him roll with it. … Just him being out there is a plus. You see Fes in the lane, that's a big guy; that's an obstacle you have to get around. He alters shots, he changes shots, he blocks shots. But on offense he does a lot, too. He screens — when he screens and rolls, it's hard to stop him.

Where is Ingamestrategy these days?

Fes played great. It was sort of stunning seeing him be that offensively aggressive. Wish he could improve his FT shooting, but if that baby hook ever gets the slightest bit consistant he should really get some consistant minutes out there.

He scored 2 or 3 of his baskets on pick and rolls with hammer dunks, I am somewhat encouraged. Still doesn't know how to pass out of a double team though.

That's my biggest complaint with him offensively. If he can ever learn that he'd be so much more dangerous. Still, lately he's been so much more aggressive around the rim. He's had to have dunked more the past two weeks than the rest of the entire season.

They just beat the Lakers, Hornets, and Blazers recently. They're capable of beating decent teams.

It's sad when we start puffing up a sloppy win against the Queens. As if there are any signs of us turning this thing around.
It sounds like the defense was still a joke, price is still playing, and we can't dominate the crap teams.

Bell had a good shooting night against the Queens? Who cares?....until the guy shows up against a good team he is still a joke.

Fes played great. It was sort of stunning seeing him be that offensively aggressive. Wish he could improve his FT shooting, but if that baby hook ever gets the slightest bit consistant he should really get some consistant minutes out there.

It's games like these that give me hope for Fes, it's the other 90% that he's in that make me worry. I'm still seeing him make strides every game that he's not too quick to foul in and actually gets some solid time on the court. If this guy can get even marginally better before the playoffs and earns a little more of Jerry's trust, he could be a huge factor against any opponent we face. Hopefully he starts getting a few more minutes every game and strings some positive games together for the Jazz.

It's games like these that give me hope for Fes, it's the other 90% that he's in that make me worry. I'm still seeing him make strides every game that he's not too quick to foul in and actually gets some solid time on the court. If this guy can get even marginally better before the playoffs and earns a little more of Jerry's trust, he could be a huge factor against any opponent we face. Hopefully he starts getting a few more minutes every game and strings some positive games together for the Jazz.

With Elson and Memo out, this might be the best chance that he could get this season

"Williams: Fes, given the minutes, he always performs. He does a great job. He knows the game. He might make a few boneheaded plays a game, but who doesn't?"

Exactly. How many bone headed plays do Ak, Bell, and Miles make yet they still get regular mins.
Fes is the only big we have that could help our interior d.

Last edited:
have to say as much bitching I did about the refs in the first 3qtrs, in the 4th it was almost the complete opposite and the Jazz got the majority of the calls.

Again a win is a win I would've liked the Jazz to put this one away by a big margin but I'm not going to scoff at it and has been stated during the broadcast Sacto had recently beat LA, NOH, Porty and I wanna say the Spurs but I could be wrong about that one (also wanted to add Memphis has beat LA 2x this year and almost again last night maybe that was part of the Gasol trade lol).

I thought AK was really active on D and played pretty well overall and Fes was fun to watch but overall the Jazz do need to tighten down on defense big time that is my biggest concern and why I'm betting why CJ got yanked earlier then normal in both halves.

"Williams: Fes, given the minutes, he always performs. He does a great job. He knows the game. He might make a few boneheaded plays a game, but who doesn't? Coach has got to realize that and let him roll with it. … Just him being out there is a plus. You see Fes in the lane, that's a big guy; that's an obstacle you have to get around. He alters shots, he changes shots, he blocks shots. But on offense he does a lot, too. He screens — when he screens and rolls, it's hard to stop him. "

Yes. Agreed completely. Why cannot our HOF HC see it? Oh, yeah, Fes is a jackpotter and this is not a basketball team, it is a reform school.

Thank you for the 15 people that copied Dwill's comment about Fes for us to read 15 times.

Thank you for the 15 people that copied Dwill's comment about Fes for us to read 15 times.

one more time for luck :)

"Williams: Fes, given the minutes, he always performs. He does a great job. He knows the game. He might make a few boneheaded plays a game, but who doesn't? Coach has got to realize that and let him roll with it. … Just him being out there is a plus. You see Fes in the lane, that's a big guy; that's an obstacle you have to get around. He alters shots, he changes shots, he blocks shots. But on offense he does a lot, too. He screens — when he screens and rolls, it's hard to stop him. "

First of all, the Jazz fans who are complaining it was an ugly win. All I can say is get a life. There are no style points in the NBA. If you win in the regular season you get a better seeding and come playoff times wins keep you playing. Yes there are concerns about this Jazz team and no one win doesn't make the OKC go away. The things I like about the game. The Jazz hung tough when things were not going well. AJ carried the team in the 1st, Millsap and DW took over the second. AK played like he use to play. Raja had another solide game. DW played through the pain and gutted it out. Fess gave a glimpse of why many Jazz fans love him. So there were a lot of positives, with getting the win the most important.

However, this might be the worse rebounding team the Jazz have fielded in a long time. Sometimes it looks like effort and other times it seems as thought the Jazz players are out of position a lot. Regardless, the Jazz need to start doing a better job even if it is by committee. Our defensive rotations are embarrassing and they have been for a long time. For me, the lack of defense will be the downfall of this team and is a major reason why they are a 4 or 5 seed every year. Defense wins championship and if you cannot stop the other team then you will be in big trouble especially when you are an average shooting team. I really want Hayward to get the minutes Price is getting. It is time to tighten the rotation and drop Price and Elson for Hayward and Fess. Price, Elson, Evans should get situational minutes.