What's new

Game 6: 11/7/14, Dallas at Utah - 7 pm (TV - Root)

Thrilled with Q's offensive flow and how much he has this team passing the ball. I am not happy with the D. I see more effort and fight but so far it is not producing results. Clear work to do.

Loved that Q had the team watch 30 PnR D videos after the Cavs win.

I hope Portland pushes them hard but Dallas takes the win. They might start to get complacent.

Well, unless they're really dejected and unmotivated to play the next game. They missed a lot of shots tonight may be that will carry over.

LOL .. somebody is getting CPR at the game right now...

It wouldn't be a game thread if we didn't get hotttnickkk's "I hope they all get hurt and tired and dejected so we can pick up an easy win."

It wouldn't be a game thread if we didn't get hotttnickkk's "I hope they all get hurt and tired and dejected so we can pick up an easy win."

It wouldn't be a thread without naos bitching about another poster and then attacking them

It wouldn't be a thread without naos bitching about another poster and then attacking them

So hotttnickkk doesn't always do this?

I'm just pointing out what he does. You're the one who is interpreting this as an attack. But I'm the one who should lighten up, right?

Thrilled with Q's offensive flow and how much he has this team passing the ball. I am not happy with the D. I see more effort and fight but so far it is not producing results. Clear work to do.

Seems like I have seen progress on that end. We gave up a huge number of wide open 3s against Dallas and Houston, not so much since. I think our poor stats came a lot from those two games. That and Kanter, although I thought he played good D against Love.

So hotttnickkk doesn't always do this?

I'm just pointing out what he does. You're the one who is interpreting this as an attack. But I'm the one who should lighten up, right?
He has hoped for an easier situation twice now so you do have a point. I don't know if 2 times constitutes always, but I do feel that the majority of your posts are rude towards other posters. Its ok though, do what you do

Seems like I have seen progress on that end. We gave up a huge number of wide open 3s against Dallas and Houston, not so much since. I think our poor stats came a lot from those two games. That and Kanter, although I thought he played good D against Love.

I also think the defensive stats will also improve when we are not playing the best teams in the league. When teams like the sixers, lakers, bucks and magic start appearing in our schedule the Jazz's D stats will improve..

He has hoped for an easier situation twice now so you do have a point. I don't know if 2 times constitutes always, but I do feel that the majority of your posts are rude towards other posters. Its ok though, do what you do

if he doesn't do this, he points out how rested the other team is, or how favorable the conditions are for them, relative to our position. The implication being that we are weak and disadvantaged. They're two sides of the same coin, and, yes, he always does this. More than twice, bish.

I also think the defensive stats will also improve when we are not playing the best teams in the league. When teams like the sixers, lakers, bucks and magic start appearing in our schedule the Jazz's D stats will improve..

There's pretty much no denying that our half-court defense is still in shambles. I think there's more to it than the level of competition. The bballbreakdown video from the other thread shows how much Kanter, in particular, can be made a victim in any PnR situation. And, how much Trey has reverted to dying on screens.

Just watch opposing offenses. If they don't get exactly what they want in early-offense, they reset and target Kanter and/or Burke.

Quin has already shown he won't close games with Kanter. Good. The same decision is about to come down on Trey.

I guess when you pointed out how weak my evidence was (i.e. that doing something twice was enough for me to claim there was a pattern) you were trying to be Mr. Niceguy?

Ok
Great point. I will try to be nicer to you

There's pretty much no denying that our half-court defense is still in shambles. I think there's more to it than the level of competition. The bballbreakdown video from the other thread shows how much Kanter, in particular, can be made a victim in any PnR situation. And, how much Trey has reverted to dying on screens.

Just watch opposing offenses. If they don't get exactly what they want in early-offense, they reset and target Kanter and/or Burke.

Quin has already shown he won't close games with Kanter. Good. The same decision is about to come down on Trey.

Oh I agree that it is more than just the teams we are facing. Just pointing out that the stats will improve when the competition lessens. To a degree at least.

Q seems aware of it and trying to specifically address it in practive, film room and game time decisions.

Dude we played the Clippers(Griffin), the Mavs(Nowitzki), the Cavs(Love) and even (to a lesser extend) the Suns(Morris-Twins). This is what those Teams do. They play a 1-4 PnP alot! They start their offenses out of it. That's what they do. That's what they want. They either kill you with that all day long, you change nothing and just take the pounding or you change your defense and open up a bunch of other stuff. So you can take your poison. Those guys other than the Morris twins are just that good.

Tonight is a big game. Who ****ing cares about the Mavs' sitch? I want to see if this team is going to respond to their last win. Are they going to be hungover, or are they going to use it as a springboard? Are they going to play with pride and try to take the wood to a team that embarrassed them not too long ago? This is about a young, deep, exciting team and a proud franchise that's been bruised the last few years fighting back.

Looking to go 2-0 on the Portland/Jazz one two punch.

I'm really anxious to see how we come out to start this game, coming off that huge emotional victory. Mavs just destroyed us at the start of last game. I wonder if it will be more of the same, or closer to the 2nd half of the last Mavs/Jazz game.

If we can limit the drive and dish/lob and make dirk work for his points we will win the game.

Dude we played the Clippers(Griffin), the Mavs(Nowitzki), the Cavs(Love) and even (to a lesser extend) the Suns(Morris-Twins). This is what those Teams do. They play a 1-4 PnP alot! They start their offenses out of it. That's what they do. That's what they want. They either kill you with that all day long, you change nothing and just take the pounding or you change your defense and open up a bunch of other stuff. So you can take your poison. Those guys other than the Morris twins are just that good.

Let me try again since you seem to be misunderstanding me:

Let's put it in a baseball metaphor:

With Kanter and Trey pitching, you can sit on a fastball over the middle of the plate. If the first pitch is a curveball, you step aside, ball or strike. But, right now, at some point, you can guarantee that one of those guys is going to throw you that fastball over the plate.

I know that's what these teams do (1-4 PnR). But some teams make them dig waaaaay deeper into their bag of tricks/counters. The jazz don't.

Comprende?