What's new

Game 6: 11/7/14, Dallas at Utah - 7 pm (TV - Root)

Enough with the fighting and bitching.

Let's get in the mood for this game.

sexy-gifs-82.gif

Go Jazz!

Reactions: MVP
I want to see if Rudy can guard Dirk and shut down that outside fade away.

I'd rather put Booker on Dirk, we can't have have Rudy going out that far to guard Dirk. And Kanter gets stuck in no man's land too often.

There's pretty much no denying that our half-court defense is still in shambles. I think there's more to it than the level of competition. The bballbreakdown video from the other thread shows how much Kanter, in particular, can be made a victim in any PnR situation. And, how much Trey has reverted to dying on screens.

Just watch opposing offenses. If they don't get exactly what they want in early-offense, they reset and target Kanter and/or Burke.

Quin has already shown he won't close games with Kanter. Good. The same decision is about to come down on Trey.

I think Rudy should be in the last couple of minutes when the game is close. Just like Jerry used Korver at the end of games to be the designated foul shooter, Rudy is the designated rim protector. It will also help us in defending the three since our guys know that Rudy has their back.

I'd rather put Booker on Dirk, we can't have have Rudy going out that far to guard Dirk. And Kanter gets stuck in no man's land too often.

Dirk will shoot over Booker all night long.

It wouldn't be a game thread if we didn't get hotttnickkk's "I hope they all get hurt and tired and dejected so we can pick up an easy win."

It wouldn't be a thread without naos bitching about another poster and then attacking them

So hotttnickkk doesn't always do this?

I'm just pointing out what he does. You're the one who is interpreting this as an attack. But I'm the one who should lighten up, right?

um..go jazz?

He has hoped for an easier situation twice now so you do have a point. I don't know if 2 times constitutes always, but I do feel that the majority of your posts are rude towards other posters. Its ok though, do what you do

Leave it to jazzfanz fighting with one another, stoked trying to keep the peace, and fish working both sides. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Rudy should be in the last couple of minutes when the game is close. Just like Jerry used Korver at the end of games to be the designated foul shooter, Rudy is the designated rim protector. It will also help us in defending the three since our guys know that Rudy has their back.

Why can't Favors guard the middle??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is about a young, deep, exciting team and a proud franchise that's been bruised the last few years fighting back.

Very exciting

I like the Dallas is the following the pattern of Cleveland. They too got torched the night before coming to SLC. Let's step up big, and get a big win before our long trip. What a great feeling this would be. Beating the Cavs and Mavs, and then heading east.

The offense isn't running well enough with Rudy right now. Maybe one day, though.

Dirk will shoot over Booker all night long.

definitely. But Booker is our best option with Favors right now.

I hope tonight is more competitive than the last game. The mavs are an incredibly talented team that can now up again quite easily.

That said this IS in the ESA.

Go Jazz!$&@

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

I throw the first game out because it was Dallas' home opener and they were coming off a very tough road loss that they should have won against the defending champs.

Dallas can't rebound or play defense so this should be a winnable game. Unfortunately they space the floor as well as any team in the league and have veteran shooters who can hit from everywhere. I'm guessing a close loss. Hope I'm wrong.

I like the Dallas is the following the pattern of Cleveland. They too got torched the night before coming to SLC. Let's step up big, and get a big win before our long trip. What a great feeling this would be. Beating the Cavs and Mavs, and then heading east.

Beating the Cavs and Mavs to get to .500 (3-3).

Let me try again since you seem to be misunderstanding me:

Let's put it in a baseball metaphor:

With Kanter and Trey pitching, you can sit on a fastball over the middle of the plate. If the first pitch is a curveball, you step aside, ball or strike. But, right now, at some point, you can guarantee that one of those guys is going to throw you that fastball over the plate.

I know that's what these teams do (1-4 PnR). But some teams make them dig waaaaay deeper into their bag of tricks/counters. The jazz don't.

Comprende?
Lol baseball is lame, bro

Adding Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in the off season made this team scary good imo. I doubt that they will be the 8th seed in the west again.