What's new

Game 8: Jazz vs Grizzlies 7pm Mountain Time

You floated an idea to trade John Wall...

It was conversation. I even said before it that I don't like it. However, if the Wiz keep tanking, it's an opportunity that could present itself if the Wiz want to reboot. Like I said, and I have confidence you can read it, I don't like the idea of trading for Wall.

I think you are vastly overestimating the locker room repercussions of losing Favors. He's well liked, don't get me wrong, but he's not a glue guy like Ingles or even Crowder. If the team improves from the trade the locker room will be fine.

I hope you are right.

It was conversation. I even said before it that I don't like it. However, if the Wiz keep tanking, it's an opportunity that could present itself if the Wiz want to reboot. Like I said, and I have confidence you can read it, I don't like the idea of trading for Wall.

The Suns would love to trade Tyson Chandler for Derrick Favors but it doesnt mean you have to bring it up.

DrFMkSBU4AALRmn.jpg:large

The Suns would love to trade Tyson Chandler for Derrick Favors but it doesnt mean you have to bring it up.

If it gets brought up because Phoenix is willing to attach a pick, then heck yeah I bring it up.

That's what you lack Cy - balls. You are okay with mediocrity with the hopes that a mediocre player shines for an entire playoffs. That never happens, but you put your faith in some guy because he played really, really well for a game or two.

We have a chance to win a title with the core of this roster. Favors is not part of this core although we have been treating him like one for years and paying him like one this year.

Why i am worried...

More teams have bought into the spread it out offense diminishing Rudy's impact.

More teams have schemed defenses for the spread it offense resulting in fewer open shots. Last season over 40% of Ingles shots were open looks, this season 24%.

Corner three attempts are important because they are made at a higher rate, force defenses to spread out, and they reduce the opponents chance of a quick transition and easy bucket. Jonas was a league leader in corner three percentage. Jazz are shooting fewer corner threes and more threes above the break. Along with the clear path and freedom of movement rules it is no surprise teams are scoring more against the jazz.

Lmao, he didnt outclass Rubio. He and Rubio matched each other in the first half you ignoramus then the refs ****ed over Rubio with a bad 4th foul early in the 3rd.

Mike Conley was a -6 in the game. Rubio was +11. Rubio had 22 and 11.

Rubio did
Lmao, he didnt outclass Rubio. He and Rubio matched each other in the first half you ignoramus then the refs ****ed over Rubio with a bad 4th foul early in the 3rd.

Mike Conley was a -6 in the game. Rubio was +11. Rubio had 22 and 11.[/QUOTEin

Stop it with the refs. Conley is a better player and everyone knows it but a few jazz fans. Every gm in thegame. I think LoPo is right and you like just being average. To you making playoffs is a good season. You play to win chips bud.

I've been saying for years that Gobert isn't as good as he would of been in past. Based to block shots for Gobert when people don't drive to the basket.
Why i am worried...

More teams have bought into the spread it out offense diminishing Rudy's impact.

More teams have schemed defenses for the spread it offense resulting in fewer open shots. Last season over 40% of Ingles shots were open looks, this season 24%.

Corner three attempts are important because they are made at a higher rate, force defenses to spread out, and they reduce the opponents chance of a quick transition and easy bucket. Jonas was a league leader in corner three percentage. Jazz are shooting fewer corner threes and more threes above the break. Along with the clear path and freedom of movement rules it is no surprise teams are scoring more against the jazz.

If it gets brought up because Phoenix is willing to attach a pick, then heck yeah I bring it up.

That's what you lack Cy - balls. You are okay with mediocrity with the hopes that a mediocre player shines for an entire playoffs. That never happens, but you put your faith in some guy because he played really, really well for a game or two.

We have a chance to win a title with the core of this roster. Favors is not part of this core although we have been treating him like one for years and paying him like one this year.
If you had your way last year the Jazz would have traded the entire team and probably missed the playoffs.

I think the obvious glaring problem nobody wants to admit and look at is the ricky rubio/exum problem the Jazz have. If the Jazz had Mike Conley you'd see this offense singing, rubio has been poor at managing the game, but it really doesn't help that teams DO not respect his outside game.

I also see a lot of positive things right now. The jazz can part ways with rubio next season if he doesn't show any life. The last half of the season was such a tease and it looked like rubio turned a huge corner, but has reverted back to the mean. That's just the way it goes, I love rubio as a person, he's a great team-mate, you can bring him back but it's gotta be at about the vet minimum. If he wants to be here, he takes it, if not, ADIOS see you in the Chinese basketball League.

Quin Snyder has a great system in place that allowed point guard play to flourish. You saw Rubio have a career year here and previously you saw George Hill average average 17ppg here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4011/ricky-rubio

2nd half rubio: Ricky Rubio 2nd half last night: 2 of 7, 5 assists, two turnovers, a minus-6. BTW, is anybody else a bit worried about rubio's on ball defense? guards seem to abuse him at will. Rose 50 last game and now conley and mack go off again.

I know everytime you say something negative about rubio on here people lose their ****. It's the truth. I am still hoping the rubio from the second half of the season shows up, and I think he will give us some good games coming up, but at what price do you bring somebody as inconstant as Rubio back?

Like I said the good news is that a lot of players come off the books next season and that is great because it allows us to take a good look at the free agents available. Also, nobody is beating the warriors this year(barring any catastrophic injuries). You have maybe 2-3teams that can be competitive with the warriors. I'd give the Jazz a chance to be one of those teams if rubio or exum somehow play out of their mind and turn into steve nash or cp3.
also lets not forget what DL said at media day, He said something along the lines of, if chemistry isn't good we are going to have some decisions to make and he knows keeping the same group of guys isn't going to be like magic, but it's a good start. I bet your *** DL is taking a good hard look at this PG play.

Coming up with terrible trades and overreacting to early small sample sizes doesnt make you a warrior for excellence, it makes you a guy who comes up with bad trades.

If you had your way last year the Jazz would have traded the entire team and probably missed the playoffs.

Wrong again. The only players I was open to trading last year were Burks and Favors. I would have thrown in Bradley or Thabo (after the injury) if totally necessary. We would have made the playoffs without Favors and Burks regardless of what we traded for. And who knows, maybe Jonas with all those extra minutes the 2nd half of last year becomes essential.

I was fine with everybody else. As it turns out, Favors and Burks are expendable yet again this year. I would also add Bradley and Thabo to that list. But remember, I know that any Favors trade is a couple months away because he signed in early July.

Last season over 40% of Ingles shots were open looks, this season 24%.

I wonder how many of Rubio's shots have been open so far this year? It seems like defenses are sagging way off of him.

Coming up with terrible trades and overreacting to early small sample sizes doesnt make you a warrior for excellence, it makes you a guy who comes up with bad trades.

Cy, you tuck your tail and fear the possibility of positive change. You're scared. We get it. You would have been that guy a year ago clamoring for Rodney Hood and calling us idiots for wanting to trade him. As it turns out, you would have been wrong. Again. Just like you were when I said - TRADE HAYWARD NOW over three years ago.

But hey, what do I know - I just like to trade to trade right?