What's new

Game 81 - Mavericks at Jazz - 7 PM Mountain Time - The Last Home Game

Tonight’s loss gave LAL 60 losses this season, meaning the Utah Jazz are the only NBA franchise to not have 60 or more losses in a season

I am trying not to be a jazz homer but I can honestly see this team as a 6 seed next season

Come on, dude. Tone it down a bit.

The Jazz play in the West, remember that.

While I am incredibly happy with the recent Jazz play and am happy with the trajectory of the team, a modicum of realistic expectations is needed. I don't know where the team will place next year but if the Jazz can have a winning record by the end of the season, I think that's a step in the right direction.

While I am incredibly happy with the recent Jazz play and am happy with the trajectory of the team, a modicum of realistic expectations is needed. I don't know where the team will place next year but if the Jazz can have a winning record by the end of the season, I think that's a step in the right direction.

I definitely think we'll be playoff caliber barring major injuries, but like you said the West is so tough. The 9 teams ahead of us aren't going anywhere next season. I'd imagine Phoenix might bounce back a little too. We'll have our work cut out for us, but I think playoffs is reasonable but shouldn't be a foregone conclusion

Hell, ever since Gobert got thrown into the regular rotation in mid-December the Jazz are 32-24. That's a 47 win pace that would have qualified for the playoffs this season.

That 47 win pace is being conservative and not taking the consistent month-to-month improvement. After the all-star break they've got 19-9, which is an insane 56 win pace.

Not that I think the Jazz are really a 56 win team, but, well, they're the youngest team in the NBA. Factor in natural improvement and the return of Alec Burks, and I think it is very reasonable to expect the Jazz to be in the playoffs next year.

Well I think you are being to pessimistic. Why?

If Gobert stays healthy, I believe they'll not only be in the playoffs, they'll be playing for HC. Right now, Utah is a better road team than they've been since the S/M days. IMO, best indicator of when a team is on the verge of becoming elite, is winning on the road. Screw toning it down, let's set this bish ablaze and go nuts.
-
UTAH IS BACK, BABY!!!

Well I think you are being to pessimistic. Why?

*too

My approach when it comes to the Jazz team is to be slow and reasonable. It takes all sort of things to fall into place for a team to not only succeed but to contend. I don't think I'm being pessimistic at all, I think I'm being realistic. I would rather aim right over the horizon and be pleasantly surprised than to aim for the stars and be hurt at the end of the year.

This team has played out of their minds and while I think the Jazz might fall a little in play next year, I believe in this team and the coach. Next year will vindicate Snyder for this year and some of the well placed doubts.

spurs and dallas will not be as good next year. we definitely have a chance next year

Sent from the JazzFanz app

spurs and dallas will not be as good next year. we definitely have a chance next year

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Portland could be questionable and OKC could be injury prone again. Memphis could lose Gasol. Lots of things could happen between now and then, but I really don't believe it's too homeristic to expect us to be playing with the best of the best next year, barring injury.

Cotton was awesome DL digs up another Diamond in the rough!
We'll be a 45+ win team next season and or 7-8 seed thats a big jump from where we were last season, on decline/age Dallas, San antonio, thunder (injury),
Portland injury- the west is tough but we're looking good for a playoff spot that will be huge

Is it possible Booker is better then we thought? Could he end up being the stretch 4 we so badly need in a couple years plus his handles and shooting touch are getting noticeably better.

how much does that say when it's merely a "solid" double-double .....

I said this a couple games ago. It's crazy to think that 20, and 17 is just "solid". If Rudy can develop some more offensive moves, it's hard to imagine what a "fantastic/stellar" night will be. I mean, you do look at the stats and think "meh good game" with him. These solid nights are becoming quite consistent.

I said this a couple games ago. It's crazy to think that 20, and 17 is just "solid". If Rudy can develop some more offensive moves, it's hard to imagine what a "fantastic/stellar" night will be. I mean, you do look at the stats and think "meh good game" with him. These solid nights are becoming quite consistent.

Consistency is the key. What I am looking for next year from Gobert is solid 12/13/2,5 averages over the season. This would place him near the top of the league in Rpg and Bpg and constitutes what I hope his "base numbers" for the next 10 years are.

Thank you very much
Awesome video. I liked how the one dude said that burks made the most improvement on the team in both of the last two off seasons.

He will work his *** off and come back strong

Alec Burks is the best player of Utah Jazz. Time will show.