What's new

GAME THREAD: Jazz at Hawks 11/15/2015 6pm EST

I appreciate the effort, hopefully his shot starts falling...

Per David Locke's Tweet.....
"How did you spend your night in Atlanta? If you are @gordonhayward you went to the gym tonight at Georgia Tech with @Joeingles7 and trainers"

This is a tough game. gobert and hood are out....it's going to possibly be really painful to watch. This is not a good match up for us at all on paper.

hoping for the best because we really need this win...

@LockedonSports: Rudy Gobert and Rodney Hood participated in shoot around and are still listed as questionable

1h ago

Thanks for the update.

Next to that the next thing that worries me the most is Korver, on the radio I heard he's been struggling this year and well..... that generally means someone's about to get real healthy against the Jazz.

Just a reminder, some people wanted to trade Favors for Millsap in the offseason. :rolleyes:
I remember it more like people talked about trading favors for porzingas and then signing millsap in free agency

At least we're not the Pelicans. 1-9, lost again today.
I'd be excited if I were a Pelicans fan. They built around Davis the wrong way. They could have had similar rim protection as us if they had kept Noel. They should have continued to build through the draft. Now they have the chance to do that. I'd be salivating over the idea of pairing up Skal or Simmons with Davis.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That seems crazy now.

As another reminder, some people wanted to dump Al Jefferson and keep Milsap to play with Favors. Dennis Lindsey thought it was a better plan to let Milsap walk for nothing in order to develop Kanter into trade bait for Tibor Pleiss.
It wasn't just about Kanter, it was about setting up a tank--one that wouldn't have worked as well with Millsap on the team.

I'd be excited if I were a Pelicans fan. They built around Davis the wrong way. They could have had similar rim protection as us if they had kept Noel. They should have continued to build through the draft. Now they have the chance to do that. I'd be salivating over the idea of pairing up Skal or Simmons with Davis.

Now that Davis has a 3 point shot Noel/Davis would have worked I think. Both players can play 5 positions on defense and switch on any guard. Could have been special and they blew it.

Now that Davis has a 3 point shot Noel/Davis would have worked I think. Both players can play 5 positions on defense and switch on any guard. Could have been special and they blew it.
It seemed like a stupid trade from the beginning. Teams get impatient and make "quick fix" decisions. It hardly ever works. The Nets are another example of this. Their owner promised a Championship within 5 years and look where they are now: right back where they started at the bottom of the league.

Gobert and Hood will both play tonight (per Jones on Twitter). Great news.

Now crossing fingers they don't hurt again.

It seemed like a stupid trade from the beginning. Teams get impatient and make "quick fix" decisions. It hardly ever works. The Nets are another example of this. Their owner promised a Championship within 5 years and look where they are now: right back where they started at the bottom of the league.

They wish they were back where they started. That franchise is in for some very very dark days.

Gobert and Hood will both play tonight (per Jones on Twitter). Great news.

Now crossing fingers they don't hurt again.

The Hood foot injury is worrisome. Seems like it might hamper his career.

The Hood foot injury is worrisome. Seems like it might hamper his career.

Yeah, sucks.

Very worrisome since he was out last year with it and it apparently isn't better after an entire off season.

Yeah, sucks.

Very worrisome since he was out last year with it and it apparently isn't better after an entire off season.

Well if you remember, Hood basically took 1 week off and went right back into training. He didn't take much time off at all. Burks and Hayward were both recovering from surgery most of the off-season and Hood was still playing a lot at IMG.