What's new

Game thread..Pelicans @jazz.... tank tested

I'm not a Ty hater, I'm just not a dumbass that deludes myself into thinking he's anything other than a God-awful coach.

Yea I forgot how smart you are. Besides when did I ever say Ty was a great coach. Really sounds like I am not the only dumbass on this board. Seriously, why do you even watch the Jazz, all you do is bitch about everything.

The fact that Denver, sac, Philadelphia, all won tonight softens the blow ... But we could have built a cushion !!

Very tough schedule ahead, the cushion will become plush don't worry. This was a timely win for the young guys confidence and Jazz fan base.

Ok, so it was nice to see kids all smiles after laboring that win against tired and shorthanded Pelicans, but lets get not carried away... it is time to start another 8-9 game losing streak.

No one is getting carried away. We're just happy that the Jazz don't have to talk about the losing streak. Now maybe they can relax and just play. I fully expect them to lose against GS and SA so no one is delusional about having an extended winning streak. How about you doom and gloom posters give us just a day to enjoy this one.

These guys are not ****ing robots. They have to have a win occasionally before they slit their wrists. Don't worry, it was against the Pelicans on the back end of a back-to-back. We will lose plenty of the next ten, don't worry.

Thanks for your support.

Marv hitting that three-point shot is a season-changer, btw. Opens all KINDS of room in the paint. So does a point guard who's willing to penetrate AND pass at the same time.

Marv hitting that three-point shot is a season-changer, btw. Opens all KINDS of room in the paint. So does a point guard who's willing to penetrate AND pass at the same time.

So we're back on for the playoffs?

Garrett performed as expected. Gotta expect the turnovers with him. He can run screen and roll alright, but once scouting report gets around they'll probably focus more on either forcing him to finish at the hoop or take the midrange jumper.

But he is way better than Lucas and Tinsley

How was it pathetic? Kanter played most of the 3rd and half of the fourth. It seemed like he needed a break. Besides Favors had been sitting a while and Marvin was playing well. So you want the coach to take out someone who is playing well just so another player can get his allotted minutes. Favors made a couple key shots down the stretch too.

Everyone that was playing at the end of the game was playing well. Besides Kanter didn't seem to have a problem with it. Geez the Jazz finally get a win and people complain about substitutions. Now I would call that pathetic.

Not to mention he played 38 minutes, the 2nd most on the team...

Ok, so it was nice to see kids all smiles after laboring that win against tired and shorthanded Pelicans, but lets get not carried away... it is time to start another 8-9 game losing streak.

I'm fine with this. I just want them to remember what it feels like to win. It had been almost fifteen games since they had won a game, counting preseason. They had to play like they were playing for the NBA championship this game to pull it out.

Reactions: MVP
Thanks for your support.

Hey, after seeing some of that college stuff last night at Chicago, I became much more open to severe tanking. I actually think Parker with Hayward, would be incredible. Throw in Burke, Favors, and Kanter with Gobert and whoever off the bench, and now we're talking, so theoretically I'm on board; I just can't root for them to lose while I'm watching.

But yeah our scrub veterans leading us to a win is like the worst possible scenario

This is actually good.

Now corbin will think he has to play the vets to get wins and he will stick with them...... helping the tank

I like this guilty pleasure of feeling like we're going to win!
I'm loving it. Forgot what it feels like
What, by watching Marvin Williams and Richard Jefferson win it for us?
This will only help the c4 play better and improve
Hayward: 27 pts, 10 assists
Kanter: 21 pts, 10 reb
Favors: 12 pts, 12 reb, 5 steals

They weren't the only ones playing. The only way the Jazz win is if the other players around them actually play well.
Yah. He didn't see what Hayward Kanter or Favors play?

Hey, after seeing some of that college stuff last night at Chicago, I became much more open to severe tanking. I actually think Parker with Hayward, would be incredible. Throw in Burke, Favors, and Kanter with Gobert and whoever off the bench, and now we're talking, so theoretically I'm on board; I just can't root for them to lose while I'm watching.

I can, and do. We can't underestimate how good this draft class is, or how much competition there's going to be for the worst record. I can handle a season of losing, no problem. What I can't handle is a wasted opportunity at a star (and thus, championships) because of getting cold feet with this tank. It. Is. Worth. It.

I'm hoping this W doesn't come back to haunt us, and I won't bitch about it too much, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't change the outcome of this game if it was within my power.

Celebrate now, if you want, but then let's go out and take the next step toward getting a star by losing to the Spurs Friday night.

Is spycam the real Dennis Lindsey? ^^^^

1 out of 9 is tough. That would translate to 9 wins. Ouch.

Reactions: MVP
1 out of 9 is tough. That would translate to 9 wins. Ouch.

I'm confident Burke will have an impact. Hell, look at what a random D-League dude did for this team tonight. The key ingredient to our tank thus far has been a complete lack of talent at the deepest position in the NBA. Now, while Trey is out, is our window of opportunity to pile up the losses.