What's new

Game thread..Pelicans @jazz.... tank tested

Is spy am the real Dennis Lindsey? ^^^^

1 out of 9 is tough. That would translate to 9 wins. Ouch.

OMG!! 9-73!!! The tank is in danger!!! Quick someone take Hayward out! We cannot afford to win a single game. Ever!

Ugh...

We have no control over whether the Jazz win or not. I say we treat every game like a win/win - when we lose, celebrate the tank, and when we win... celebrate the win.

Corbin made all the right moves in the 2nd half. Great job (no sarcasm). Great to pick up a win

I agree. Playing Garrett over Lucas was huge. He also went with the hot hands in Hayward, Williams and Jefferson. Hopefully this makes the youth hungry now that they have had a taste.

I hope all of you are still happy about Richard Jefferson leading us to victory if it ends up costing us a higher draft pick.

What's up with the negativity? The young guys played hard and deserved to win. I just don't see how losing 70 games will make them better. Just let the young fellas win some games, especially when playing like this....we will get a top 3 pick anyway.

As I see it, Hayward, Kanter, Favors and even Garret had a great game with key contributions from RJ and Marvin. It takes some team effort to get a win, even against a fatigued team like NO

Reactions: 8
I can, and do. We can't underestimate how good this draft class is, or how much competition there's going to be for the worst record. I can handle a season of losing, no problem. What I can't handle is a wasted opportunity at a star (and thus, championships) because of getting cold feet with this tank. It. Is. Worth. It.

I'm hoping this W doesn't come back to haunt us, and I won't bitch about it too much, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't change the outcome of this game if it was within my power.

Celebrate now, if you want, but then let's go out and take the next step toward getting a star by losing to the Spurs Friday night.

LOL, ha ha!! God, you're a sick man. You've got the resolve of a mother spider being eaten by her offspring.

These guys are not ****ing robots. They have to have a win occasionally before they slit their wrists. Don't worry, it was against the Pelicans on the back end of a back-to-back. We will lose plenty of the next ten, don't worry.

100% agree with you

Nah, I wouldn't have gotten cold feet with the tank and done something like sign someone who can actually play the PG position.

I want you to rewatch the end of the game and take particular note to Kanter and Burks on the sidelines. They were dying for a win, you don't crush the spirit of this core.

I agree. Playing Garrett over Lucas was huge. He also went with the hot hands in Hayward, Williams and Jefferson. Hopefully this makes the youth hungry now that they have had a taste.

Lol s*** could you not hear the crowd demanding that Lucas Sat. Why did it take 0 for 7 for him to figure it out. There is no way he gets credit for something that obvious.

sent from my walkie talkie

But man, Anthony Davis tho. He's the perfect basketball player. His only weakness it seems is post defense.
That's what the tank is all about, ladies and gents. Getting a player that special. We certainly don't have anything like that.

Hey, after seeing some of that college stuff last night at Chicago, I became much more open to severe tanking. I actually think Parker with Hayward, would be incredible. Throw in Burke, Favors, and Kanter with Gobert and whoever off the bench, and now we're talking, so theoretically I'm on board; I just can't root for them to lose while I'm watching.

Allah this. Want the losses, can't root for any.

Reactions: ema
LOL, ha ha!! God, you're a sick man. You've got the resolve of a mother spider being eaten by her offspring.

The tank would be much harsher and calculated if I was running things. :)

If there's something that needs getting done, and I'm passionate about it, I do it. And do it right. No poppycock. I lost 80 lbs in a matter of months. It was hard, but I figured out how to do it, set my mind to it, and ****ing did it. To me, every win this season is going to feel like giving in to to the temptation of eating some salty goodness; it feels good now, but it detracts from the end goal that has a taste that is sooooooo much sweeter. Not that tonight's win (or any other win) will be the death of our tank, but you get what I'm saying.

But man, Anthony Davis tho. He's the perfect basketball player. His only weakness it seems is post defense.
That's what the tank is all about, ladies and gents. Getting a player that special. We certainly don't have anything like that.

He is impressive. He has great hands! He is also pushed out of position quite easily. He is much more finesse and speed than raw power.

The tank would be much harsher and calculated if I was running things. :)

If there's something that needs getting done, and I'm passionate about it, I do it. And do it right. No poppycock. I lost 80 lbs in a matter of months. It was hard, but I figured out how to do it, set my mind to it, and ****ing did it. To me, every win this season is going to feel like giving in to to the temptation of eating some salty goodness; it feels good now, but it detracts from the end goal that has a taste that is sooooooo much sweeter. Not that tonight's win (or any other win) will be the death of our tank, but you get what I'm saying.

You're definitely someone to have in the trenches, I can see. If for nothing else than the fact that you won't eat my food!:) It is pretty interesting how Lindsey has worked this out though.

Has there ever been a game where The Norm didn't bitch for 10 pages?

I want you to rewatch the end of the game and take particular note to Kanter and Burks on the sidelines. They were dying for a win, you don't crush the spirit of this core.

Yeah, they needed to remember how great it feels to win (jesus...last win was the 1st preseason game). Let the guys play hard, have some fun and win some games. We are bad and coached by Corbin so I don't worry about getting a high pick. At least I want to see the kids trying hard.