What's new

Game thread..Pelicans @jazz.... tank tested

He actually played poorly with 4 TO's but compared to the pile of flaming poo we have had at PG he looked great.

I wouldn't say poorly at all, he had 5 assists to his 4 turn overs. I mean he's from the D-league and has been with the team less then 24 hours, sooo I'd say he did pretty well.

Marvin is playing well, but Kanter was kicking *** when he was pulled.

He was doing pretty well, but he was still having problems defensively. Favors did a better job of playing d and stopping the pg. Not knocking Kanter's d completely, but this game it was the right decision.

I am not surprised that the Ty haters can't even give him some credit when the Jazz win. Seriously, you would think that Ty murdered someone and got away with it.

Congratulations to Jazz. That was awesome. Some quick points.

1. The new point guard is already better than Tinsley or Lucas. I will have to learn his name.

2. Hayward had a terrible first half. He played selfish and stupid basketball. He couldn't throw it into the ocean and kept turning it over. In the second half he played amazing. Isn't it amazing that the difference between selfish play and amazing play is often just making baskets. He still took shots that were not fundamentally sound in the second half but they went in. I give the guy credit. First half he was not worth 5 million a year. Second half he was worth the max.

3. Kanter was just flat out awesome on both offense and defense tonight. Also, for those that say Kanter Kantrebound I would say you are looking at stats and not what is happening. On every rebound the other team is sending one or two players to box out Kanter. On every play he's fighting for position against one or two people. Other players have to step up when they concentrate all their effort on stopping Kanter. Davis was amazing and so was Kanter tonight.

4. Favors played great.

5. Jefferson and Williams played out of their freakin heads and made some big shots down the stretch.

6. With the way they played (hard with heart and hustle) I would have been okay with a loss, but I'm thrilled we won.

I was and am very critical of Corbin. However, not playing Lucas in the 2nd half, and subbing Favors for D purposes when he did was two very good coaching decisions. Well done Corbin.

I hope all of you are still happy about Richard Jefferson leading us to victory if it ends up costing us a higher draft pick.

Championship > beating the ****ing Pelicans

These guys are not ****ing robots. They have to have a win occasionally before they slit their wrists. Don't worry, it was against the Pelicans on the back end of a back-to-back. We will lose plenty of the next ten, don't worry.

I am not surprised that the Ty haters can't even give him some credit when the Jazz win. Seriously, you would think that Ty murdered someone and got away with it.

I'm not a Ty hater, I'm just not a dumbass that deludes myself into thinking he's anything other than a God-awful coach.

LOL I'm sorry, but Kanter on the bench down the stretch is just pathetic.

How was it pathetic? Kanter played most of the 3rd and half of the fourth. It seemed like he needed a break. Besides Favors had been sitting a while and Marvin was playing well. So you want the coach to take out someone who is playing well just so another player can get his allotted minutes. Favors made a couple key shots down the stretch too.

Everyone that was playing at the end of the game was playing well. Besides Kanter didn't seem to have a problem with it. Geez the Jazz finally get a win and people complain about substitutions. Now I would call that pathetic.

Ok, so it was nice to see kids all smiles after laboring that win against tired and shorthanded Pelicans, but lets get not carried away... it is time to start another 8-9 game losing streak.