What's new

Game Thread: Utah Jazz v Denver Nuggets, 10/27, 7pm MST, FSN, 1320 AM/98.7 FM

This is a Statement Game.... a Must Win!
We need to come out and punch them in the mouth.
You cant win them all unless you win the first one.

Jazz 95
Nugz 88

*** The Jazz will actually play some D tonight.

I didn't know Mike Singletary was a Jazz fan.

Absolutely a MUST win. Nuggets only have three healthy bigs: Nene, Shelden Williams and Melvin Ely. And Nene is coming off a foot injury. Big Al and Millsap need to take it strong inside and get Nene in early foul trouble.

I expect Denver to go small at times, so maybe we'll even see some minutes by Evans at PF against Balkman.

It will be interesting to see if AK can bother Carmelo a bit and Raja can take away Afflalo's shots. Do that and Denver is going to be in for a long night.

Nene is far from being 100% too, I think Big Al and Millsap should have a field day against a banged up frontline.

Really excited to get the season underway. This is going to be a tough emotional game from the Nuggets who have 2 reasons to really get up for this game. I think the Jazz can win this game but I expect it to be a battle and wouldn't be shocked if the Nuggets pull it out.

Let go Jazz!!

Still can't believe Denver is starting Shelden Williams. No way he sees the bulk of the minutes at PF.
I expect Denver to go small and try to turn this into a track meet. A lineup of:
PG Billups
SG Lawson
SF Smith
PF Melo
C Nene
would be interesting to see how Sloan and the Jazz handle it.