What's new

General NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
So... you think the Coaches are ALL wrong to have voted him in?

Yes.

I thought that was obvious when I said I didnt think he should be an all-star.

I also think Coaches are not great at picking all-stars. But neither are players, fans, and a lot of the media people.

Yes.

I thought that was obvious when I said I didnt think he should be an all-star.

I also think Coaches are not great at picking all-stars. But neither are players, fans, and a lot of the media people.

Yeah, you've convinced me. You're SOOOO right... Eric Gordon should have been picked instead.

*slow clap*

Yeah, you've convinced me. You're SOOOO right... Eric Gordon should have been picked instead.

*slow clap*
He wouldnt be my choice over Klay either, there are others more deserving but he is just as qualified as Klay and his team is more deserving of another all-star.

But way to pick the one player you felt least deserving and argue it to try and make your argument stronger. It didn't work but its a good ole predicable technique.

I simply started with there are players more deserving and there are. I threw out a few but you picked that one.

I still think he is more deserving along with the others I listed, such as Mitchell. Who is doing a lot more for the Jazz than Klay is for GS and putting up better stats while being the focal point of other teams defenses unlike Klay who is an after thought when GS has 3 better players to deal with.

Good night though One Love, its been a fun discussion.

I obviously had no intention of changing your mind, since that is impossible. No one digs in more than you. I just wanted to rant about something I dislike and you were helpful for me to make some points to.

He wouldnt be my choice over Klay either, there are others more deserving but he is just as qualified as Klay and his team is more deserving of another all-star.

But way to pick the one player you felt least deserving and argue it to try and make your argument stronger. It didn't work but its a good ole predicable technique.

I simply started with there are players more deserving and there are. I threw out a few but you picked that one.

I still think he is more deserving along with the others I listed, such as Mitchell. Who is doing a lot more for the Jazz than Klay is for GS and putting up better stats while being the focal point of other teams defenses unlike Klay who is an after thought when GS has 3 better players to deal with.

Good night though One Love, its been a fun discussion.

I obviously had no intention of changing your mind, since that is impossible. No one digs in more than you. I just wanted to rant about something I dislike and you were helpful for me to make some points to.

Yup always fun chatting with you. Our last chat was about, what, something to do with airline tickets and refunds or something? Seems we always run into some random topics. FWIW I don't think Klay deserves it neither TBFHWY, just wanted to see your argument, you made some great points.

I like the dynamic of Teammates being able to guard each other in the All-star Game. I think it will get for some fun Iso moments that have been missing the last couple years. I think there will be some friendly teasing and other entertaining dynamics.

I wish they would make the draft transparent though. I would love to see when players get picked.

@ONE LOVE

Oh, I forgot PG13 definitely should be in the All-star game over either of the GS non star players. That one is not really close. PG13 > Klay

Are you taking Klay over PG13???

Yet his team is within a couple games of GS this season and he is a large reason why, especially since he has started a bunch and stepped up with CP3 missing games. He creates a lot more of his own shots, waaayyyy more than Klay does.

Again do you think GS is 4X better in the regular season this year than Houston?

4x better? That’s the equation.

The Rox have Paul, Harden and Carols as well. You’re acting as if their roster blows compared to the Dubs and it doesn’t. You also underestimate how much more seriously they’re taking the regular season than are the Dubs who are coasting and know it doesn’t matter.

Regarding your post above, I find it funny that you say plenty of guys could do what Klay is doing and yet no one has in the history of the league. No has seriously approached 50/45/90 and yet he might.

4x better? That’s the equation.

The Rox have Paul, Harden and Carols as well. You’re acting as if their roster blows compared to the Dubs and it doesn’t. You also underestimate how much more seriously they’re taking the regular season than are the Dubs who are coasting and know it doesn’t matter.

Regarding your post above, I find it funny that you say plenty of guys could do what Klay is doing and yet no one has in the history of the league. No has seriously approached 50/45/90 and yet he might.
He might he also has the easiest job of any player ever in the NBA. Not many guys get to play on a team that stacked, get that many wide open assisted shots. He is in rare company for what he does on the best team in NBA history. With two HOF MVP caliber players that are easily 2 of the best 3 players in the NBA.

Rockets might be taking the regular season more seriously but that is what the all-star selection is based on. This year only the regular season up to this point.

4x might be an exaggeration to make a point of the difference in selections. But that is just one of many snubs of players that have done more for their team than he has.

You think Klay is better than PG13?

PG13 does way more for his team. PG13 has been the DPOY so far this season and brings a lot more to the table offensively than Klay does this season. PG13 this season is head and shoulders above Klay. Who again is just a jump shooter that does not create for himself and has wide open shots for days on that team.

I posted a bunch about his numbers showing that his shooting is okay but a lot of it is based on the shots he is getting. Many players are shooting better in every type of shot but just dont get the kind of looks Klay does. Klay's efficiency would plummet if he was the #1 or even #2 offensive option on his team.

@ONE LOVE

Oh, I forgot PG13 definitely should be in the All-star game over either of the GS non star players. That one is not really close. PG13 > Klay

Are you taking Klay over PG13???

Well personally I think Chris Paul should be in before PG13 and then Klay. I know he missed some games at the beginning of the season, but when he was on the floor he was FIRE. I had him in my fantasy team last year as well as this year and he's scoring much more this year compared to last, draining 3s at a great rate, steal numbers has been fantastic, and like I said the Rockets were unbeaten when he, Harden and Capella were on the floor together. He has also been filling in for Harden's injury and still kept the Rockets rolling.

Well personally I think Chris Paul should be in before PG13 and then Klay. I know he missed some games at the beginning of the season, but when he was on the floor he was FIRE. I had him in my fantasy team last year as well as this year and he's scoring much more this year compared to last, draining 3s at a great rate, steal numbers has been fantastic, and like I said the Rockets were unbeaten when he, Harden and Capella were on the floor together. He has also been filling in for Harden's injury and still kept the Rockets rolling.

Oh, so you do agree that Klay should not have got in!

LOL ... Enes Kanter, Trey Burke and Trey Lyles playing in this NY vs DEN game...

Jazzfanz's most hated players UNITE!!!

Trey burke almost had a nice assist to kanter... almost he misses