What's new

General NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date

How in the hell do you get that much popcorn into the parking structure? A trailer? Must have had dudes poppin for days. Between the expense of paying someone to do it and clean it up then clean the car properly it's a lot of effort.
Hopefully it wasn't buttered.

Last edited:
so 4 rockets bust into the clippers locker room and 2 of them get suspended for 2 games.

James Harden and Chris Paul did not. I guess they were just there to say hello.

Just another reminder to the kids out there. The NBA is an entertainment business, not a pure competition.

so 4 rockets bust into the clippers locker room and 2 of them get suspended for 2 games.

James Harden and Chris Paul did not. I guess they were just there to say hello.

Just another reminder to the kids out there. The NBA is an entertainment business, not a pure competition.

Good thing Javaris Crittenton isn't a Rocket.

The Rockets next two games.....

Vs Minnesota on TNT
Vs Golden State on ABC

cause that's how the NBA rolls.

The sixers have done well in finding Covington and McConnell, both undrafted, both can play.

Hmm, I like Klay but he does not deserve to be an All-Star this year. All he does is shoot. Almost all of his shots are assisted. 97% of his 3s are assisted and 72% of his 2s are. Putting up 20 PPG and doing very little besides that does not qualify him.

There are a lot of more deserving players than Klay. I am sure he would be an all-star if he played on a team where he was a bigger part of the team but the fact is he isnt.

Booker, Lou, CJ and Eric Gordon are all doing a lot more for their teams. Hell Mitchell is doing a lot more on the court than Klay is. Mitchell per 100 is scoring more, assisting more, rebounding at the same rate, stealing a lot more and has a better PER.

Rockets have beat them lately and have almost the same record and will get 1 all-star in to their 4.

I am not even sure Draymond deserves it this year over some people for similar reasons to Klay. I guess ill see who all gets in first though.

I think most or all playoff level teams deserve one guy in.

I dont like Jordan that much but he deserves to be in more than Draymond. He has had a garbage injured team around him all season and got them to be in a playoff spot or close.

Last edited:
Hmm, I like Klay but he does not deserve to be an All-Star this year. All he does is shoot. Almost all of his shots are assisted. 97% of his 3s are assisted and 72% of his 2s are. Putting up 20 PPG and doing very little besides that does not qualify him.

There are a lot of more deserving players than Klay. I am sure he would be an all-star if he played on a team where he was a bigger part of the team but the fact is he isnt.

Booker, Lou, CJ and Eric Gordon are all doing a lot more for their teams. Hell Mitchell is doing a lot more on the court than Klay is. Mitchell per 100 is scoring more, assisting more, rebounding at the same rate, stealing a lot more and has a better PER.

Rockets have beat them lately and have almost the same record and will get 1 all-star in to their 4.

I am not even sure Draymond deserves it this year over some people for similar reasons to Klay. I guess ill see who all gets in first though.

I dont like Jordan that much but he deserves to be in more than Draymond. He has had a garbage injured team around him all season and got them to be in a playoff spot or close.

Yeah but it's not his fault Klay is in a really good and LOADED team though. Put him in the Clippers and give him the license to shoot and score and I'd say he could put up Lou's number. Same goes with Phoenix, Houston, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah but it's not his fault Klay is in a really good and LOADED team though. Put him in the Clippers and give him the license to shoot and score and I'd say he could put up Lou's number. Same goes with Phoenix, Houston, etc, etc, etc.
He could, possibly, but he does not. Those guys do more and put up more. You could argue the other way as well. How many player can stand still and hit open jump shots when they dont have to create and have all the space in the world and know it?

GS does not deserve 4 players at the expense of so many other teams and players, their guys are not putting up the numbers to justify it.

He could, possibly, but he does not. Those guys do more and put up more. You could argue the other way as well. How many player can stand still and hit open jump shots when they dont have to create and have all the space in the world and know it?

GS does not deserve 4 players at the expense of so many other teams and players, their guys are not putting up the numbers to justify it.

Yeah but they're winning, not putting up empty stats...

Yeah but they're winning, not putting up empty stats...
They are not empty stats. They just aren't putting up enough too justify an all Star nod. They are barely better than Houston with their record who got in 1 player.

Is GS record 4x better than Houston? Is Gordon stats empty?

I would call klays stats empty, he is getting carried by 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA. GS is good because of Curry and Durant this year. I think he could do more but the fact is he does not. He does something a lot of players could do. Just because players don't have as good of a roster as golden State does not mean they should be punished.

They might be all Star level players but if they don't put up all Star stats they don't deserve to bump out players putting up better stats.

They are not empty stats. They just aren't putting up enough too justify an all Star nod. They are barely better than Houston with their record who got in 1 player.

Is GS record 4x better than Houston? Is Gordon stats empty?

I would call klays stats empty, he is getting carried by 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA. GS is good because of Curry and Durant this year. I think he could do more but the fact is he does not. He does something a lot of players could do. Just because players don't have as good of a roster as golden State does not mean they should be punished.

They might be all Star level players but if they don't put up all Star stats they don't deserve to bump out players putting up better stats.

We're both GM's. I have Eric Gordon on my team, you have Klay. Would you give me Klay for Gordon straight up?

Ok.

We're both GM's. I have Eric Gordon on my team, you have Klay. Would you give me Klay for Gordon straight up?

Ok.
No, but that has nothing to do with the all star game and how you select players good it.

If it was some injured players and rookies would be in it.

A lot of players could shoot 48.6%/45%/88% for 20.6 points, 4 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game?