What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

I don't buy that.

If you're being sarcastic then apologies. If your not, I have watched the replay several times and Moss could have easily reeled that one in. As big a Moss fan as I was in past years that was always the knock on him. Unless he's up for the game (see playoff game in Lambeau 2003), give him a little bit of contact, and he quits on the play....either that or he feels his job on that particular play is done once he draws the P.I. Moss is one of the greatest receivers of all-time, but he could have been in the same conversation with Chris Carter and Jerry Rice if he cared on every play.

True story about Brad Childress by the way.

My late brother coached his son in HS track. The kid was a solid 200/400M guy. Over the summer going into the kid's senior year, my brother had a party for the team at my dad's house and the elder Childress was there. Obviously everyone knew who he was (O coordinator for the Eagles at the time) and I didn't want to be "one of those guys." But I had Duce Staley in a keeper league (with four contract years upcoming which was a lot) and so I approached the man and asked him if I should keep Staley or perhaps not, if they were they looking to sign another back. He said they weren't looking at anyone else and withina week (it may have even been like three or four days later), they signed another back, I believe Dorsey Levens if I remember correctly.

Screw BC.

Wow, the way Collie went down in a heap and had to carted off the field I thought for sure he had a lot worse than a concussion. Dude was not moving his hands or feet at all. I was thinking paralysis.

Wow the Philly fans sure showed a lack of class by booing while Collie was motionless on the ground.

Imagine how good Philly would be if they had a decent offensive line. Or if they'd not commit so many damn penalties... it's unreal that Philly still has the lead this late in the game with how many penalties they've racked up.

The Colts sucked tonight. They were only in it because the Eagles' lack of ability to get in the endzone and some iffy penalties. And I say this as a Colts fan.

Did tyhis actually happen? Someone else?

P.S.-I love having Vick in fantasy football.

The fans were booing but they were booing the refs. I was amazed that they called the Collie drop an incomplete pass. It definitely should have been a fumble. He had that sucker tucked away and had hunched over ready to take the hit. I'm not even sure it should have been a penalty on the Eagles for unnecessary roughness. That whole play was fubar. It was tragic that a player got hurt so badly but the refs totally muffed the call.

Did tyhis actually happen? Someone else?

P.S.-I love having Vick in fantasy football.

I thought they were booing the refs for the personal foul and the fact that it was ruled the pass and subsequent drop or fumble an incompletion and they thought it should have been a completion and a fumble recovery. But it did look sorta bad.

You can watch video of the Collie hit here. Yes the fans may have been booing the refs, but it still looks classless to have been doing so while Collie wasn't moving. I'm not surprised though, as these are Philly fans we are talking about. This wouldn't be the first time anyone has accused them of being classless.

The hit on Collie did not look intentional. Just part of wearing a helmet and playing a physical game. By the way, it's about time the Vikings D showed some life. V-I-K-I-N-G-S, Go Vikings, Go!

P.S. Fire Chilly at the end of the season. Hire Cowher or promote Frazier.

The hit on Collie did not look intentional. Just part of wearing a helmet and playing a physical game. By the way, it's about time the Vikings D showed some life. V-I-K-I-N-G-S, Go Vikings, Go!

P.S. Fire Chilly at the end of the season. Hire Cowher or promote Frazier.

I don't get the Frazier love. You give me that front seven and I'll look great too. How about a coach who overachieves based on the talent he's given. Like Ryan in Cleveland. The problem there is he's almost guaranteed to flame out in his brother's shadow. So go to #2 on the overachieving coordinator list and hire that man.

I don't get the Frazier love. You give me that front seven and I'll look great too. How about a coach who overachieves based on the talent he's given. Like Ryan in Cleveland. The problem there is he's almost guaranteed to flame out in his brother's shadow. So go to #2 on the overachieving coordinator list and hire that man.

You could say the same thing about Tomlin, but look how much success he has had. I believe in internal promotion as long as they appear to be competent to handle it. Frazier looks to me to be competent enough to handle the role. A friend of mine mentioned Ryan from Cleveland the other day and I could see that too. From Tice to Chilly I am sick of the Offensive minded guys. It's time to get the fiery D guy up in there.

You could say the same thing about Tomlin, but look how much success he has had. I believe in internal promotion as long as they appear to be competent to handle it. Frazier looks to me to be competent enough to handle the role. A friend of mine mentioned Ryan from Cleveland the other day and I could see that too. From Tice to Chilly I am sick of the Offensive minded guys. It's time to get the fiery D guy up in there.

Yeah, I hear you on Tomlin. I said the same thing to MsSerp last night. The difference with him and say Frazier being hired in Minny or going elsewhere is Tomlin walked into a situation in which he calls no plays and has the best tandem of coordinators in the league. It's his job to simply manage the team and that he can do. He demands respect and is very bright.

Yeah, I knew we let a good one get away when Tomlin left to the Steelers, and I agree with you, Tomlin is lucky to have Lebeau as a lifer D-coordinator. I'd love to see Cowher on the sidelines coaching the Vikings, but I would venture a guess that he will have many suitors. Other then that I'm not sure who else I would look to. Gruden is great in the short-term but has difficulty sustaining success, and it doesn't sound like Dungy is interested in coming back. I just hope they stay away from guys like Mangini and Nolan. Guys who have already been given opportunities and failed.

The 2010 NY Jets are th eluckiest pieces of **** in NFL history.

Sanchez has played worse than Henne if you watch the games. Sanches bounces throws off defenders faces on the reg.