What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

jets-dirty-sanchez_385.jpg

Dolphins just got RAPED by the refs with that, but what else do you expect with Big Ben in the house? That was clearly definitive evidence that we recovered. I hate the ****ing refs.

Dolphins just got RAPED by the refs with that, but what else do you expect with Big Ben in the house? That was clearly definitive evidence that we recovered. I hate the ****ing refs.

That was the worst call I've ever seen in my life. I mean, at least for the Hurricanes getting robbed of the National Championship the refs weren't watching a replay.

The replay shows 3 Dolphins smothering the ball with no Steelers with an inside track on the ball. Not only that, a Dolphin player comes out of the pile holding the ball. Miami had possession, game should have been over.

Very rarely do refs win/lose an entire game for a team. Unfortunately, that exact thing happened in this scenario and screwed Miami.

The replay shows 3 Dolphins smothering the ball with no Steelers with an inside track on the ball. Not only that, a Dolphin player comes out of the pile holding the ball. Miami had possession, game should have been over.

Very rarely do refs win/lose an entire game for a team. Unfortunately, that exact thing happened in this scenario and screwed Miami.

It's true. Screwed me out of the office poll this week too...sigh.

Will the suffering ever end for Niner fans? Mike Singletary needs to be fired. The guy has no clue how to be a head coach. Now Smith is hurt, and David Carr sucks even more than Smith.

Not that I really believe it effected the call because they didn't have anything to do with the replay but it doesn't help that 2 of the officials (line judge and back judge) are from Pittsburgh.
Also yes the Phins got hosed and the Steelers yet again seem to come out on the favorable side of a controversial call but to help keep my sanity I have to remind myself that the Phins kicked 5 FG's and if they managed to score a TD on one of those they win the game.

Also not that I would expect him to say ya we got one over but Ben Rothelesraper said in post game he recovered the ball.... Yaaa like I trust the word and judgment of you the same guy who thought it was a good idea to not wear a helmet and wrecked his rookie year and need I mention his past 2 summers of lets just say indiscretion.

Last edited:
Yeah, the refs kicked that call, but as mentioned before, it would have helped if the Phins could have found the end-zone. I'm of the opinion that one call can be the nexus of the game, but you can't blame the loss solely on that call. And why, oh why, did I take the computers advice and sit McFadden yesterday in fantasy?!

By the way, Dtol, wherever you are congratulations. Damn if only Harvin could have gotten that 2nd foot in. Good game though. I have been a Favre-apologist for some time now, but I'm getting to the point to where I'm wondering if a change could do us good. Two of those picks last night were inexcusable, especially the pick-six. And to you AFC fans out there, is there an NFC team that really scares anyone right now?

I saw the Bills/Ravens overtime play on PTI and about five Ravens held the Bills player up while Ray Lewis stripped the football and rerecovered. I mean, are you are even allowed to pick a guy up like that? I know you can hold him but they had him way off of the ground. Either way, his foward progress was stopped, what with his feet being that high off the ground and all. Refs blew another huge call, but nobody cares since it was the Bills.

And to you AFC fans out there, is there an NFC team that really scares anyone right now?

The Giants are reminding me a lot of the team that knocked off New England. Started slow and get better each week. They are the only NFC team that looks...what's the word I'm looking for?...oh, yeah: good.