What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

I think I posted it somewhere on here that I loved the Giants more than any other team as far as winning the Super Bowl/odds go. At 21:1, I loved what they brought to the table with a core of QB/HC/O-Line/D-Line that's done it before. Add in the fact that they have good weapons and their secondary was upgraded (Rolle, a vet like Grant in big games) and it put it over the top for me. Their LB's scare me but still, I thought they were the best value. Every team has flaws.

I saw the Bills/Ravens overtime play on PTI and about five Ravens held the Bills player up while Ray Lewis stripped the football and rerecovered. I mean, are you are even allowed to pick a guy up like that? I know you can hold him but they had him way off of the ground. Either way, his foward progress was stopped, what with his feet being that high off the ground and all. Refs blew another huge call, but nobody cares since it was the Bills.

I agree. There's way too many times that a player's progress is clearly stopped, there's multiple defenders all over him, and yet the refs wait another few seconds to blow their whistles. Meanwhile, plays that are in mid-stream get blown dead way too quickly, balls come popping out a millisecond later, and the play's not reviewable because the whistle blew it dead.

I agree. There's way too many times that a player's progress is clearly stopped, there's multiple defenders all over him, and yet the refs wait another few seconds to blow their whistles. Meanwhile, plays that are in mid-stream get blown dead way too quickly, balls come popping out a millisecond later, and the play's not reviewable because the whistle blew it dead.

But imagine how pissed you'd be if that same player, whose forward progress had stopped with 4 defenders hanging on him suddenly broke free and went for six, only to find out that play had been whistled dead. Especially if it were your favorite team/player and it was going to be the game winner.

But imagine how pissed you'd be if that same player, whose forward progress had stopped with 4 defenders hanging on him suddenly broke free and went for six, only to find out that play had been whistled dead. Especially if it were your favorite team/player and it was going to be the game winner.

Obviously. There's no denying that. But when to blow the whistle is not that fine of an art. It really isn't.

Sam Bradford sure seems to be putting together a very nice rookie season. Lucky Rams fans. Wish the 49ers could figure out how to draft a good QB.

It looks like the 49ers might actually win today, unless they find someway to lose yet again. At this point I actually wouldn't mind them losing. I'm ready to clean house, and start over.

I also have to LOL at the Cowboys!! I love seeing them suck.

The Jets offense looked like BYU out there today. Turrible. I love it (HATE it) when it's 3rd and 8 and they throw a 35 yard pass. Get the bleeping first down!!!!!!!!!! Morans.

Dolphins should be 5-2 but the refs handed the Steelers a win. Love seeing them lose to the Saints right now. Dolphins are coming for the JEST. Remember bitch, 4-0 on the road. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA.

Wow...

https://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106461848.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

Evidently Brad Childress had a very good reason for letting Randy Moss stay in the Boston area after Sunday's game. He didn't want him to return to Winter Park -- ever.

The NFL Network is reporting that Moss has been waived by the Vikings a day after the wide receiver gave a rambling statement following a loss to the Patriots. Childress attempted to downplay Moss' comments in his news conference this afternoon but clearly he had seen enough after the wide receiver played four games for the Vikings.

Moss, obtained from the Patriots in early October for a third-round pick in 2011, had only one catch for 8 yards on Sunday and had 13 catches for 174 yards and three touchdowns since joining the Vikings.

The end of Moss' second tenure with the Vikings came after Sunday's 28-18 loss at New England.

Moss, who was fined $25,000 last week for failing to cooperate with the media, informed everyone that he would no longer take questions for the rest of the season but instead would ask himself questions and then answer them. Moss then proceeded to praise the Patriots, while criticizing the Vikings for not listening to the tips he gave them about his former team. Moss also took a shot at Childress for not kicking a field goal at the end of the first half and instead going for it on fourth down at the New England 1-yard line. Adrian Peterson lost 2 yards.

Childress disagreed with Moss' assertion that he had not heeded the advice the veteran gave about how New England would approach things. “I think we did a pretty good job of heeding it, both offensively and defensively," Childress said. "He gave us some windows into how we thought they would end up playing. That’s obviously in his eyes.”

Childress, though, attempted to downplay there were any troubles with Moss when in fact he had set the wheels in motion to get rid of him.

“Do I find [the comments] incendiary?" he said. "I just think he was going back to a spot that he has a lot of affection for and I thought by and large those comments were regarding the people there, the coach there, the ownership there and obviously there’s a fondness in his heart for those guys on that football team. Hey, you’d like to go out there and beat their tails off, nothing he would like better, but at the same time he enjoyed his stay there.”

I loved the play where Moss was pass interfered with and so he took it upon himself to just jog out his last few strides, failing to catch what would have been a TD. Good job man.

Broncos continue to improve. Orton will take us to the promise land. Tebow shall be thy savior.