What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

That was the Favre that I know know and love. Play bad for most of the game, bring your team back, throw a pick to ice the game. Well done Old Reliable, well done.

I had to walk out of the room at the point. ****! We've now collectively lost all three games by a possession. The play calling in the 1st half was atrocious and we lost our best cover corner (again). On the flip side it was nice to have Moss back. Colin Cowherd called the Vikings the best 1-3 team in the league. I don't know if that made me feel better or worse.

You can't honestly be this stupid, to call the defending champs, who went 14 games undefeated and beat a team who also went 14 games undefeated in the Super Bowl, overrated???

Your retardity is beyond belief.

Hey, they were pretty good last season.

With Miami and New England having a bye, the Jets winning was like Miami losing.

Ok I've seen four picks today in the final minute where the winning team intercepted the ball and ROOKIE Trevard Lindley is the only one who slid and didn't try and return it. GAME OVER. I can't stand when people try to return it when they already have the game won.

Yeah, 2 weeks ago...Nate Clements was the worst. I'd expect a veteran of his ilk and multiple time probowler to know better. All he's gotta do is fall down and the game is over. Instead he lets Roddy White strip it and the Falcons win the game with no time left.

Yeah, 2 weeks ago...Nate Clements was the worst. I'd expect a veteran of his ilk and multiple time probowler to know better. All he's gotta do is fall down and the game is over. Instead he lets Roddy White strip it and the Falcons win the game with no time left.

Every DB should watch film of Marlon McCree vs. New England to understand how important it is to just slide.

Okay, I'm literally sick over my Broncos' loss to the Jets. Should have had that one.

What a day for hits yesterday. Robinson's hit on Jackson was as hard a legal collision as I've seen in a while. Harrison's were just out and out dirty, especially the helmet-to-helmet on Massoqoui. I like Tomlin, he used to be the Defensive Coordinator for the Vikes, but you can't defend that hit. Brutal shot. Meriweather on Heap was a slobberknocker too.

Great game by Kevin Kolb, what do you do in Philly once Vick is healthy? Initially I thought Reid was just blowing PR smoke when he talked of having two great QB's, but it looks that way now. And thank you Percy Harvin for your kick return that changed the game.

Out

What a day for hits yesterday. Robinson's hit on Jackson was as hard a legal collision as I've seen in a while. Harrison's were just out and out dirty, especially the helmet-to-helmet on Massoqoui. I like Tomlin, he used to be the Defensive Coordinator for the Vikes, but you can't defend that hit. Brutal shot. Meriweather on Heap was a slobberknocker too.

Great game by Kevin Kolb, what do you do in Philly once Vick is healthy? Initially I thought Reid was just blowing PR smoke when he talked of having two great QB's, but it looks that way now. And thank you Percy Harvin for your kick return that changed the game.

Out

Eagles fan here. Reid said he's starting Vick when he's healthy no matter what, based primarily on their shaky O-line. For this week, it's going to be Kolb again, then they have a bye, and then I expect Vick to return as the starter in week nine. Having said all that, I also would really like the Eagles to sign Vick to an extension now so that we can first off trade him in the off-season for the right offer (otherwise, he's a FA) if we want to go that route and also so we can lock him up before he and his agents dollar figures get too crazy if we do want to hold on to him long(er) term. Perhaps a three year, 18M deal with 8M guaranteed, or something like that. Either way, it won't break the Eagles bank if they don't find a suitor and I don't know that he'll see much more on the open market than that.

I expect to see Chargers' DE Kevin Burnette get a nice fine for launching himself into Sam Bradford yesterday. It was not called, but it should have been. Bradford got the last laugh.

Meriweather on Heap was a slobberknocker too.

jr.jpg