What's new

George Hill finalizing 1 year deal w/Lakers

He better stay healthy all year

According to Locke, it's the current agent that did this. He's a first-time agent/inexperienced.

no. i meant when his ex-agent told him to turn down the offer from jazz. he had a chance to get 4year/80mil (i think?).

I think i heard somewhere that Eric Mika and Hill are his only clients. Didn't Hill have some connection to Lone Peak? Wonder if it's a local guy.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

According to Locke, it's the current agent that did this. He's a first-time agent/inexperienced.

Yeah, that last article confused a lot of people.

He fired his agent in December. That was the agent who declined the first set of contract extensions (if you remember the Jazz tried to extend Hill early in the season).

Then Hill's long-time financial adviser started representing him after he got his license in January. That is the guy who represented Hill in the last contract extension talk and is still his agent. He also represents Mika from BYU I believe.

no. i meant when his ex-agent told him to turn down the offer from jazz. he had a chance to get 4year/80mil (i think?).

In case it wasn't clear from Cy's reply, it's actually his CURRENT agent who did that. He was technically his "adviser" at the time, if I recall correctly, since he wasn't fully licensed yet. Something like that.

One year $17M is what they can offer. We would have given him $13M on top of whatever he extended at. Rough deal for him if that's all he can get.

Why wouldn't the Kings step in here and offer like 3/45... fox will need help... they need a culture reset. They could decline the salary structure to make it more appealing. The RFA they try to sign will end up getting matched. If he's healthy its a value deal and he's an asset. If Fox is amazing Hill can play off ball too.