What's new

George "The Astro Van" Niang!

Joncolton

Why the Astro Van? Because he is playing like a star and shooting lights out.

He legitimately was probably the 2nd best player off our bench - even drove to the hoop for some action and seems to be moving his feet more on defense. At this point, moving him for Korver could be a downgrade - I'm actually not sure.

Over the last 3 games, he's averaging:

11.8 ppg, 56% FG, 46% 3P, 4.6 rpg,

With all of the time and investment we've put into him, shouldn't he be at least the 2nd best off of the bench every night?

With all of the time and investment we've put into him, shouldn't he be at least the 2nd best off of the bench every night?
I'm just happy that the automatic cringe when he comes into the floor is diminishing. Give him another 20 games like this and maybe we have something. 3 data points do not a statistical trend make.

But I fully give him credit for working hard and showing improvement.

Agreed. My signature has been supporting this portly bastard the whole time

George-Jetson-and-Astro-the-jetsons-8444453-400-300.gif

Niang is the future.

Honestly I think he stays around on a minimum deal. He might be an 8-10 year Jazz guy that hangs around at the minimum the whole time... then he takes over for Boler in the booth.
I just imagined Niang in the booth grinning with the Seinfeld theme playing in the background.

I just imagined Niang in the booth grinning with the Seinfeld theme playing in the background.
He’s gonna be a 1000% improvement over Boler. It might be worth keeping him around just for the second career.

He’s gotta keep up his defense this year and keep making shots, but I think he will be get a 10 year nba career... pretty awesome for a guy with his limited athletic ability:

Lmao at Niang's on/off rating. Truly ridiculous that our worse rotation player has all the best +/- stats.

The two man lineup of Niang and Oni is +41.6 points per 100 possessions.

The 5 man lineup of Conley/Clarkson/Oni/Niang/Gobert is +46.8 per 100 possessions.

Honestly I think he stays around on a minimum deal. He might be an 8-10 year Jazz guy that hangs around at the minimum the whole time... then he takes over for Boler in the booth.

If the effects of "overpaying" Rudy is that we sign Niang to a minimum and have to move on from Bogey....I'm actually ok with that.