What's new

Ghostbusters Afterlife

It felt like they were trying to distance themselves from that movie as much as possible with this trailer.

Feels like a rip-off of that one Transformers film. Farm. **** is awakened. Similar lightning and cinematography.

Last edited:
It felt like they were trying to distance themselves from that movie as much as possible with this trailer.
I was always a big fan of ghostbusters then 2016 happened. My god I swear they made the third installment for teenage girls, and I’m not even mad that it was 4 women. Unlike the original ghostbusters the writing was bad and comedy seemed forced and over exaggerated. I found myself rooting for the damn ghosts. The movie was so bad I’m trying to forget ghostbusters all together. I figure it’s the only way I can un-see that movie.

I was always a big fan of ghostbusters then 2016 happened. My god I swear they made the third installment for teenage girls, and I’m not even mad that it was 4 women. Unlike the original ghostbusters the writing was bad and comedy seemed forced and over exaggerated. I found myself rooting for the damn ghosts. The movie was so bad I’m trying to forget ghostbusters all together. I figure it’s the only way I can un-see that movie.
I kind of felt like it was a standard mid-2010's comedy (all Improv, no script) in a Ghostbusters costume.

Okay… so this movie kept getting pushed back because COVID. Last I had seen it was due out in 2022 (this thread was started in December 2019). Anyway, new release date is November 11 this year. Also a new trailer…

There are a lot of things that I got super into as a kid, but there are only a handful that I still feel the same way about. Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are among them. The ending of that with the phone ringing at Ray’s Occult Books… they know how to play on that nostalgia.

Okay… so this movie kept getting pushed back because COVID. Last I had seen it was due out in 2022 (this thread was started in December 2019). Anyway, new release date is November 11 this year. Also a new trailer…

There are a lot of things that I got super into as a kid, but there are only a handful that I still feel the same way about. Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are among them. The ending of that with the phone ringing at Ray’s Occult Books… they know how to play on that nostalgia.

I'm very excited for it. I'm sad that Ramis can't be in it, and I'd be happy with a CGI version, but I bet somewhere along the way they will have his picture hanging on a wall or something with one of the characters looking at it sadly. Maybe say something to the picture "looks like it's starting back up again Egon. Wish you were here." Or whatever.

But I'm glad they are continuing the storyline and expanding the universe, providing some continuity.

No matter what it will be better than the gawd-awful "reboot". That sucked so hard.

I don’t come to this forum very often and I guess I live in a hole in the ground, because I had no idea they were making a new ghostbusters movie. Jesus!!
I’m skeptical after the debacle of the last ghostbusters movie that is up there as the worst movie ever made. I’m not apposed to an all female ghostbusters team, but my god, they took cheesy to a whole new level, and the story was utter fluff, and pure money grab.

I don’t come to this forum very often and I guess I live in a hole in the ground, because I had no idea they were making a new ghostbusters movie. Jesus!!
I’m skeptical after the debacle of the last ghostbusters movie that is up there as the worst movie ever made. I’m not apposed to an all female ghostbusters team, but my god, they took cheesy to a whole new level, and the story was utter fluff, and pure money grab.
You may think you live in a hole and that you haven’t heard of this, and this may come as a big shock to you, but this is actually your third post in this thread.

I wonder who will do the main song? Is Ray Parker Jr. retired or is he still performing on small scale concerts?

I was 9 when the original one was released. Finnish TV showed the trailer and occasionally the music video. For some reason i thought that the perfomer was Michael Jackson (who of course was hugely popular in both Soviet Union and in Estonia). Those kids were lucky and bragged about it, whose parents had got VHS players (a rare stuff at that time, because Soviet Union had maybe a single model and it was crap compared to the foreign ones) and getting a VHS copy was only possible if you had some connections in Finland, cost probably around 200 USD at that time, which was huge if you had any chance to convert your roubles to Finnish marks.

I saw the original movie when it was shown on Finnish TV around 1991.
I wonder why it did not passed the Soviet censorship, because for example Tootsie, Capricorn 1 and several others (+ huge amount of movies made in France, Italy other countries outside of USA) passed.

I loved my Ghostbusters game on the commodore 64. At the time it was so cool with the interface and the graphics!