What's new

Ghosts of Warriors Past -- Wing Kong vs. Chang Sing (GSW @ UTA) 4/10/18 7:00 pm MST

Both good points. Actually hope they come out and try and it doesn’t do them a damn bit of good. Jazz physically manhandle them, shoot well and crush them on defense.

And that it leaves whoever has them in the first round thinking they’re vulnerable.

I would guess that everyone starts and it’s a dog fight going into halftime and then GSW stops caring and benches people in the third and fourth.

If I were them I’d want to actually win because they’ve been playing like **** and there is a decent chance they see us again in round 2, but hopefully that’s not the mindset they have.

I really don't think that they give a **** about HCA against the Raptors.

Man, I am ready for this game. Really hoping the Jazz come out tonight and prove they are contenders.

If GSW loses tonight they guarantee no OKC or Jazz in the 1st round. I assume they don't put up a fight tonight.

Only, Kerr is super PMS'ing about their poor play and not caring. But even he will realize they should take this night off....

Cla
Game Girl: Martha Hughes Cannon.

They called her “Mattie.” Born in 1857, she became the fourth wife of prominent Mormon stake president and patriarch Angus Cannon. But she was way more than a polygamous wife. She was a highly trained physician, a progressive reformer of public health initiatives, and a passionate suffragist. (That means she wanted women to be eligible to vote.) Many Mormon women at the time sought the vote in the face of some local and national criticism—even from other feminists at the time, who worried that polygamous wives would simply do the bidding of their husbands, effective doubling, tripling, quadrupling the Mormon male vote. Mattie wasn't some shrinking violet wife, though.

When Utah became a state in 1896 she decided to run for state senator as a Democrat—against her own Republican husband, Angus. She won the election and became the first female state senator in the United States. Utah's Governor Gary Herbert just signed a bill to send a statue of Mattie Cannon to the US Capitol, representing Utah once again.

Martha_M_Hughes_Cannon.jpg

martha.jpg

marthacannon.jpg

Classy, educational and something I can show my daughters.

Thanks

Bravo Infection! Another classic...

I was going to get me some rally egg drop soup and I looked up a gif for it. This is what I found:

https://giphy.com/gifs/soup-Y2dyMZtjvKfVm

(Bummer that giphy doesn't work for posts but that was the weirdest giphy for a search for 'Egg drop soup')

Even if that didn't work out too well, I know what I am having for lunch. Egg Drop Soup and Egg Rolls. Egg Rolls are officially the new Churros!!! Behold the power of the Chinese CHURROS!!!

57300203-640x640.jpg

Egg-Drop-Soup-2.png

Insert Egg Roll here... (I don't know how to photo shop or I would).

donovan-mitchell-utah.jpg

Last edited:
The down side of this is, when we beat them in the first half with their starters in they bring in the bench and have a built in excuse for the loss. Oh well, we'll get them when it counts if they get out of the first round.
Great job again infection! You bring joy and prosperity to Jazzfanz.

The down side of this is, when we beat them in the first half with their starters in they bring in the bench and have a built in excuse for the loss. Oh well, we'll get them when it counts if they get out of the first round.
Great job again infection! You bring joy and prosperity to Jazzfanz.

A win is a win. Don't very much care how we get it at the end of the day.

Bravo Infection! Another classic...

I was going to get me some rally egg drop soup and I looked up a gif for it. This is what I found:

https://giphy.com/gifs/soup-Y2dyMZtjvKfVm

(Bummer that giphy doesn't work for posts but that was the weirdest giphy for a search for 'Egg drop soup')

Even if that didn't work out too well, I know what I am having for lunch. Egg Drop Soup and Egg Rolls. Egg Rolls are officially the new Churros!!! Behold the power of the Chinese CHURROS!!!

57300203-640x640.jpg

Egg-Drop-Soup-2.png

Insert Egg Roll here... (I don't know how to photo shop or I would).

donovan-mitchell-utah.jpg
Mitchell Egg Roll.jpg

Only, Kerr is super PMS'ing about their poor play and not caring. But even he will realize they should take this night off....
He was asked about resting his players and he basically said since Iguodala, McCaw and Steph is out there aren't enough players to rest the others.

He was asked about resting his players and he basically said since Iguodala, McCaw and Steph is out there aren't enough players to rest the others.

They really don't have much choice I guess... Livingston, Cook, Young probably log heavy minutes, but KD/Klay/Green prolly get 25-30.

knowing warriors ownership which tanked so hard to get Barnes (took out klay with 2 mins left in 4th so they could lose), they will try to lose this game to avoid us or OKC.

Jazz should pull this off

I'm doubtful that GSW rolls over. It's the last game of the year, and I think they break toward going for the win over a team that punked them earlier this year, and then beat them again at home more recently. I won't be devastated by a loss tonight, but I'll be thrilled by a W.

I hope GSW plays hard and give it their all. ****ing defeatist garbage everywhere.

I don't think GSW cares much about this game at all. They will probably treat it as a scrimmage and give their guys 24 minutes of work. They won't care about playing us until there's an actual playoff matchup. They won't care much about chasing Toronto for wins, since Toronto can win their last game regardless and stay a game up. Plus, there's probably only a 30% chance that Toronto makes the Finals anyway.

There's just nothing to play for other than keeping a rhythm.

Warriors injury report from earlier today:

Warriors: C Damian Jones (L mid-foot sprain) is listed as probable. G Stephen Curry (L MCL sprain), G/F Andre Iguodala (L knee soreness) and G Pat McCaw (lumbar spine contusion) are listed as out.

Game Girl: Martha Hughes Cannon.

They called her “Mattie.” Born in 1857, she became the fourth wife of prominent Mormon stake president and patriarch Angus Cannon. But she was way more than a polygamous wife. She was a highly trained physician, a progressive reformer of public health initiatives, and a passionate suffragist. (That means she wanted women to be eligible to vote.) Many Mormon women at the time sought the vote in the face of some local and national criticism—even from other feminists at the time, who worried that polygamous wives would simply do the bidding of their husbands, effective doubling, tripling, quadrupling the Mormon male vote. Mattie wasn't some shrinking violet wife, though.

When Utah became a state in 1896 she decided to run for state senator as a Democrat—against her own Republican husband, Angus. She won the election and became the first female state senator in the United States. Utah's Governor Gary Herbert just signed a bill to send a statue of Mattie Cannon to the US Capitol, representing Utah once again.

Martha_M_Hughes_Cannon.jpg

martha.jpg

marthacannon.jpg

Jesus wept