What's new

GLeague Chitt

Stars with a 35 point win over the Bucks GLeaguers. Elijah Hughes and Paris Bass looked hungover. Juzang the leading scorer and Potter with a double double and 3-5 from three. Jeenathan had 4 blocks. The two most impressive reserves were CJ Elleby who led the team in rebounding and assists and Stacy Davis who had 24 points. Elleby was a 2nd round draft pick of the Blazers three years ago. He averaged 5.9 ppg for the Blazers last year. The guy looks like a baller.

The Stars got blown out tonight by a team they almost beat by 40 last night. Potter and Stacy Davis had double doubles and everyone else stunk.

Last night 6'1" 189 lbs Lindell Wigginton dropped 41 on the Stars. Why do we care? He is the only NBA player from Nova Scotia and was a college teammate of THT, Naz, Matty Ice and the Minivan. He might be a guy that Ainge and company study. Also today the Cavs signed Sam Merrill to a 10 day contract.

The Bucks are waiving Sandro Mamukelashvili who had a two year two way deal with the Bucks. He was a late 2nd round pick in 2021 and made first team Vegas Summer League in 2022. Perhaps he's worth a kick of the tires instead of Dok?

The Bucks are waiving Sandro Mamukelashvili who had a two year two way deal with the Bucks. He was a late 2nd round pick in 2021 and made first team Vegas Summer League in 2022. Perhaps he's worth a kick of the tires instead of Dok?

Would have liked to give Mamu a try, but I guess Spurs got him off waivers first.

Homey, I really appreciate you keeping us up to date on the G League stuff. I'm always just kind of curious about how the players there are doing there even though I don't usually have time to really see what's going on myself.

Do you happen to know what the situation with Chris Smith is? Do you know when he's expected to play? Or did the Stars just acquire him for next year, and maybe some Jazz summer league if he heals in time?

Would have liked to give Mamu a try, but I guess Spurs got him off waivers first.

Homey, I really appreciate you keeping us up to date on the G League stuff. I'm always just kind of curious about how the players there are doing there even though I don't usually have time to really see what's going on myself.

Do you happen to know what the situation with Chris Smith is? Do you know when he's expected to play? Or did the Stars just acquire him for next year, and maybe some Jazz summer league if he heals in time?
He had a bad knee injury so I suspect he is probably going to make his debut in Summer League.

Frank Jackson resigned with the Stars. They play the Texas Legends tonight. On Texas' roster is Justin Jackson a 6'8" 220 lbs wing that was drafted two selections behind Donovan Mitchell. I wouldn't mind the Jazz offering him a 10 day deal.

Stars with a six point road win over the Mavs GLeague team. Frank Jackson (remember that guy) had 45 points on a very efficient shooting night. Justin Jackson had 35 points for Texas on 7-11 shooting from three. Potter had a very efficient game as did Tyler Cook. The Stars were down 8 at half. After watching THT stumble and bumble the last few games and watching Jackson's performance tonight the question needs to be asked if Hardy is on crack? Does Ainge need to get him to rehab? Why didn't they give Frank Jackson a little run?

The Stars with a 13 point matinee road win vs. the OKC GLeaguers. Frank Jackson the leading scorer with 24 points and he took the game over late in the 4th quarter with the Stars leading by 2. Can you say Will Hardy's an idiot? Sure you can, I know you could. Tyler Cook the leading rebounder and assister and came within three assists of a triple double. Micah Potter, Stacy Davis and Jeenathan had strong games.

Stars with a two point road win vs. the OKC GLeaguers. Frank Jackson with 32 points and hit the game winner with 8 seconds left. Potter was the leading assister for the Stars and tied Tyler Cook for the rebound leader. This makes three road wins in a row for the Stars this week.

In the Stars game tonight Jahmi'us Ramsey had 30 points for OKC and was a +30 in the box score. He is a 6'3" guard and was a 2nd round pick of the Kings in 2020 right after Elijah Hughes. He is still just 21 years old and the Jazz might consider him for a 10 day.

Stars get spanked at home by Stockton. Frank Jackson the leading scorer with 29 and 6-12 from 3. Potter the leading rebounder and 2-4 from 3. The three starters on the floor with Jackson and Potter got abused. The Stars bench played well. CJ Elleby had a nice game.

Our old pal Justin James is back playing for the Cleveland Charge. I would love to hear what he did during the Jazz training camp in Las Vegas last year to go from two way player to the waiver wire. I bet it was juicy.

Stars snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on the road vs the W's GLeaguers. It looked like a win and then in the last minute and a half they give up two three point shots, brick two free throws and then give up an offensive rebound on a missed free throw leading to a couple more points. Potter and Jeenathan looked solid. Frank Jackson had 19 points on a lot of shots. It was a good effort until the last 90 seconds.

Last night Lester Quiñones dropped 46 on the Stars and earlier this year had a 42 point game vs the Stars. He's a 6'4"guard and could be a 10 day guy. He played for Penny Hardaway at Memphis.