What's new

GLeague Chitt

Stars with a home win Sunday afternoon vs the Lakers GLeaguers. Frank Jackson appeared tp be injured and played 14 minutes hitting 2-3 from three for six points. Tyler Cook was the leading scorer and rebounder and Stacy Davis the leading assist guy. Jeenathan and Potter really didn't do much but it was a win against a team that is above the Stars in the standings.

Frank Jackson DNP tonight with a bruised thigh in a win vs the Austin Spurs. Jeenathan the leading scorer with 23, CJ Elleby the leading rebounder and Tyler Cook, a power forward, the leading assist guy. Jeenathan got his points coming off the bench.

A guy I wouldn't mind the Jazz taking a look at is Mason Jones currently playing for Mexico City of the GLeague. He didn't start playing basketball until his senior year of high school. He is 6'4". 200 lbs and fills up the stat sheet at this level.

Stars player last year: "In the 7days Eurocup, 6’8” - 225 lb - 26 year old former BYU Power Forward Yoeli Childs led Veolia Hamburg Towers to a 89-87 win over Dolomiti Energia Trento. In 27 minutes he had 18 points, hitting 9-15 from two, 20 REBOUNDS ( 11 on the offensive end), and 4 assists with a GAME RATING of 36."

Last night Mason Jones had 29 points, 10 assists in a 2 point loss to the Kings GLeaguers who have the best record in that league. He was 7-9 from three.

Stars with a hugggge win tonight over the Austin Spurs. Stacy Davis was oh so close to a triple double. Christian Vital was the leading scorer and Potter and Stacy Davis tied for the rebound lead and Davis was the leading assister. Jeenathan and CJ Elleby had strong games as 7 Stars scored in double figures. Chris Smith made his Stars debut tonight on a pitch count, played 12 minutes had 4 rebounds and 2 blocks and was +8 in the box. He was projected to be a lottery pick and then a couple of ACL tears derailed that. He still made first team all Pac 12 at UCLA. He's a 6'9" wing. His last ACL tear was almost a year to the day.

Stars play Sioux Falls Tuesday at 7:30 in Vivint Arena in the playoffs, bitches. Frank Jackson's status is still undetermined.
Thanks for keeping us appraised homey. I like knowing what’s going on with the Stars. I’ve mentioned it before, but I still wish they would fill their roster with young guys between 6’6” and 6’10 and play positionless basketball. See if anyone shows out in that environment.

Thanks for keeping us appraised homey. I like knowing what’s going on with the Stars. I’ve mentioned it before, but I still wish they would fill their roster with young guys between 6’6” and 6’10 and play positionless basketball. See if anyone shows out in that environment.
Jeenathan Williams, Juzang and Potter fit that description. I like their coach this season.

Stars get abused by Sioux Falls tonight losing by 8. Frank Jackson was awful and couldn't throw it in the ocean. Potter and Tyler Cook had decent games and were the leading scorers and Cook had a double double. Stacy Davis had a double double off the bench. Orlando Robinson had 31 points and 19 boards for Sioux Falls and was the difference. The Stars cut the lead to two several times in the fourth quarter but couldn't get over the hump.

A Jazz alum: In Puerto Rico’s Superior League, 7’0” 265 lb, 33 year old former Marshall center Hasan Whiteside led Quebradillas to a 89-99 win over Ponce. In 32 minutes he had 43 points, hitting 15-26 from two - 1-2 from three, 10-11 from the line, 19 rebounds (9 on the offensive end), 3 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocked shots.

A Jazz alum: In Puerto Rico’s Superior League, 7’0” 265 lb, 33 year old former Marshall center Hasan Whiteside led Quebradillas to a 89-99 win over Ponce. In 32 minutes he had 43 points, hitting 15-26 from two - 1-2 from three, 10-11 from the line, 19 rebounds (9 on the offensive end), 3 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocked shots.
It's crazy that Whiteside couldn't get an NBA contract. He played really well for us last year and I thought his time with Gobert really raised his game.

It's crazy that Whiteside couldn't get an NBA contract. He played really well for us last year and I thought his time with Gobert really raised his game.
I think that Quin didn't like him taking plays off at times and that reputation can spread among the NBA coaching fraternity.

I noticed in Whiteside's big game Eric Paschal had 26 points for the opposing team. Ed Davis is also playing in this league.

Good for him. Wish the Jazz would’ve done thaReally liked his upside from the few times I’ve seen him.
The Blazers also have Shaq Harrison on the roster. I thought Jeenathan played hard and smart for the Stars. When Bolmaro and Ochai played with the Stars Jeenathan looked as good or better than both.

Stars player Christian Vital signed with a team in Israel. They are in the same league as teams that employ Justin Patton and Tyler Cavanaugh.