What's new

Gobert and Kanter in a Microcosm

Kanter plays great and we get destroyed, color me surprised.

I remember remarking when Kanter was out how Gobert was having a noticeable impact on Favors' game, primarily because the largest defender on the opposing team needed to stick to Gobert and that freed Favors up for a bunch of buckets on PNRs or nice interior passing from Gobert or a driving wing. That, plus the fact it lets Favors guard the opposing team's power forward - which he does a much better job at than Kanter - was a huge difference maker.

Snyder is clearly a bright basketball mind though. Whereas Corbin's rotations were criticized for what was clearly incompetence, I just have to believe that this is a showcase and that Kanter is going to be traded in the next month.

Real Talk:

I hope Kanter gets his jumpshot confidence back. That is the thing that fuels his offensive game in this system. I didn't watch the entire game, but from what I saw, I saw Kanter trying to pump fake to get people to bite a lot and no one was falling for it. Players have gone back to not respecting Kanter's jumper enough for it to space the floor effectively.

One of the essentials that needs to be pumped into Enes from his, well, veins, is that he needs to stay pumped, pissed, furious.

For that, they need to give him caffeine.

I was just looking through the Bucks forum and you'd be surprised how much they want Enes. They think he can work well with Henson and Giannis. They think Illiasova and Middleton won't be enough to get him, though...

What do we offer Kanter that Utah doesn't match?

I''d love to trade Ersan & Middleton for Kanter.

Kanter & Henson would complement each other well I think.
I just don't see a world where Ersan and Middleton net Kanter. Ersan has still not made himself a positive asset, particular when it comes to a team like the Jazz.

We're not getting him as a FA. Would have to trade for him.

Kanter showed ability to hit the jumper like Zaza has and is a proficient rebounder. He'd be only 24 I'd guess aswell. I'd like his fit on our team.

Not sure why Kanter is viewed exclusively as a C by you guys. He played PF next to Gobert tonight quite well. And, he's not even the guy I'd be expecting to start at PF for the next few years. But I do think he can play there. I think he can play both positions. The Bucks should be looking to add good young players. Not sure what he'd cost in trade for free agency at this point, but he appears to be available by the Jazz. But he's a guy that really intrigues me specifically based on some of the Bucks biggest weaknesses right now.
Good to see people jumping on the Kanter train. I was always down for acquiring him as a buy-low, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of throwing him a contract offer in the offseason and forcing Utah to match. I think you can low-ball them considering how much money they've already tied up in Favors/Burks/Hayward.

Btw, if we had the option of paying Knight 12 mil a year or Kanter the max, I go Enes all day.
WOW!!!

Predictably there are some people there who don't want a center who doesn't play defense.

Why does everyone think Kanter is a center? He certainly doesn't play center this year. Favors is the rim protector.

I was just looking through the Bucks forum and you'd be surprised how much they want Enes. They think he can work well with Henson and Giannis. They think Illiasova and Middleton won't be enough to get him, though...

WOW!!!

Predictably there are some people there who don't want a center who doesn't play defense.
Highlight compilations are usually montages that do not include defensive downsides, but just a stream of buckets that makes the dude feel like he is automatic.

Man, Rudy Gobert. What a player he’s becoming. You know, I mean, I think he’s just giving 100 percent every night, and you know, he just getting used to NBA every night. Every time he plays, he’s feeling more comfortable. And you know, he’s talking to me about taking that mid-range shot too, so he’s working on it. By the way, he beat me on it too. He beat me on it 2014. So, I don’t know. New year, I told him to work on it, see who’s gonna win.

Rudy beat Kanter in a jumpshot competition last year.

Rudy beat Kanter in a jumpshot competition last year.

I want to see him start taking the 12-15 footers they let him wide-open for next year. His FT % suggest he is probably going to make them guard him for those, thus opening the lanes a bit more.

Kanter and our first rounder (top 5 protection) for Giannis. :)

You're kidding, but realistically. . . this is exactly the kind of deal that the Jazz should be looking at. Kanter isn't enough to pull a blockbuster deal off, but they also have Burke, Hood, and an absolute boatload of assets that they need to consolidate into an opportunity. If they can land an All-star caliber (at least potentially) wing to the core group of Gobert, Favors, Hayward and Exum. . . that's a damn good starting lineup. Then you go buy a bench.

You're kidding, but realistically. . . this is exactly the kind of deal that the Jazz should be looking at. Kanter isn't enough to pull a blockbuster deal off, but they also have Burke, Hood, and an absolute boatload of assets that they need to consolidate into an opportunity. If they can land an All-star caliber (at least potentially) wing to the core group of Gobert, Favors, Hayward and Exum. . . that's a damn good starting lineup. Then you go buy a bench.

When I was reading their forums they were saying they'd be willing to trade Jabari for Exum and Gobert... At this point I don't think we would do it...

Kanter and our first rounder (top 5 protection) for Giannis. :)

Why would the Bucks do that? They lucked out on an amazing player in the draft just a couple of years ago, and now they're going to give him up hoping to luck out on a player next draft? They would laugh in our face even if it was completely unprotected.

When I was reading their forums they were saying they'd be willing to trade Jabari for Exum and Gobert... At this point I don't think we would do it...

Hell no I wouldn't do that trade.
Would not even do it if it was just gobert