What's new

Gobert highlights vs lakers

And I would rather have a head coach decide on player rotation based on ability and need to develop on the court, rather than some stern old disciplinarian trying to cram everyone into some Ozzie and Harriet 1950's pseudo-reality.

Nothing wrong with playing a guy who shows he is ready and Gobert seems to be fairly mature for 21. He looks like he can play and be productive. Sure, he is is young and new to the NBA. There will be games where he has more fouls than points+blocks, but the more minutes he gets this year the sooner he will be ready to be a consistent performer.

Sloan's handling of D-Will was stupid and injurious. D-Will was the best PG from the start of that year and it wasn't even close. Milt Palacio anyone????????? I don't think D-Will ever got over it.

I don't disagree on Gobert playing in the least.

What I was getting at, and where I think you misunderstand Sloan, is the difference in coaching styles. Sloan readily played most rookies and pushed them HARD (strategically getting inside D-Will's head by benching him). Williams has validated Sloan's coaching decisions, so I see no reason to question Sloan's challenging nature there.

Corbin is more of the modern player's coach mentality, choosing to befriend players rather than dominate his team through sheer authority. Both styles have merit in context; I don't think Corbin has the leadership capabilities to make either way dominate the NBA.

Maybe he's trying to mold his skill set into something he can excel at? Like that hard drive pivot followed by a soft shot (dunk it dunk it booggah buggah)? Kanter will have to be Kanter, not some prototype that NAOS' wannabe hates us ever suggesting.

BTW, I tried to rep LOGGrade again but this damn 5 per is garbage.

What does that mean, "mold his skill set". I'm fine with him developing some footwork etc. Does that mean getting the ball spiked into his Adam's apple? He can do one of three things: pass the ball out, try to go up strong, or do his normal finesse stuff. If he does his finesse stuff every play, it makes him a much more predictable player, hence the blocked shots and TOs. Oh, and I don't know who the hell NOAS' wannabe is, me or LogGrade. NOAS must have been a formidable opponent.

I don't disagree on Gobert playing in the least.

What I was getting at, and where I think you misunderstand Sloan, is the difference in coaching styles. Sloan readily played most rookies and pushed them HARD (strategically getting inside D-Will's head by benching him). Williams has validated Sloan's coaching decisions, so I see no reason to question Sloan's challenging nature there.

Corbin is more of the modern player's coach mentality, choosing to befriend players rather than dominate his team through sheer authority. Both styles have merit in context; I don't think Corbin has the leadership capabilities to make either way dominate the NBA.

One of the best posts I've ever read on these forums.

I'm just asking for Kanter to give a strong pump-fake and make some body contact. Take one step, putting your shoulder in the rib-cage of the defender, and throw up the baby hook. Or if the defender is on your shoulder, one step and throw it down with the opposite hand, even if the rim stuffs him. Or even throw it back out again to reset the offense. Then at least he didn't flip it at the basket like some girly jr jazz player afraid of getting hit.

But if the man ever wants to be seen as anything more than a soft euro-center who spins 360 every time he gets the ball down low and backs off of strong plays he needs to get some nasty and go take the ****ing thing to the hole. Period.

Eaton was 7-4 so no Gobert is not taller. His standing reach is probably better though and he move better than Eaton from my fuzzy memory.
Eaton hardly moved. He took up a ton of space, though, and he was an immovable object not even capable of flopping (which I respected). I remember guards running into him like a fly hitting a brick wall. Athletically Gobert is in a different stratosphere.

Eaton hardly moved. He took up a ton of space, though, and he was an immovable object not even capable of flopping (which I respected). I remember guards running into him like a fly hitting a brick wall. Athletically Gobert is in a different stratosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7rLoN0SHy8

Most of those points were taking out the garbage points, which is huge. The Lakers are stupid and didn't box Gobert out, and he made them pay.

So Gobert didn't play any minutes in tonight's game, but he still had the play of the night.

rudy gobert ✔ @rudygobert15
Shoutout to all the lakers fans in utah :(

I love this kid more and more all the time, and despise Corbin for benching him.

Hang in their Rudy.

Start him at the 3 in place of Jefferson. Let him take corner threes.