What's new

Gobert highlights vs lakers

Easy to love this guy. Lots of upside but needs at least one more year to figure out who he's and wht's he capable of. If he can reduce his foul rate and gain some pounds, he can be our Omer Asik.

Gotta love when a big WANTS to play big. Dude likes dunking on people. Seems to want to hurt you while doing it if you contest.

Thank you for posting the highlights.

Gobert very raw, but you see some very exciting things from him. He's raw so Corbin will bury him, while I would give him 4-5 mins per half.
He has too much length to not get in the game. The fact that he is dunking over people, and showing a little passing skill is great.
Seems more skilled right now that Tag was in his "prime".

You have to love this kid. He is mind set to fight the opposition and also a basketball mind who doesn't panic like a rookie when he does mistakes.

If he was a 3rd draft pick, then we had to love and be patient about him regardless if he dominated 1 game only to suck 5 other games. Now he has to show what he is capable of to be accepted. And man he is good at it!

Aaron Falk ‏@tribjazz 6h
Rudy Gobert, 16 points, 9 boards and "continues to impress" Corbin. "I can't say enough how pleased I am with the progress he's making."

You know you have a guy with length when it bothers Gasol. Plus the energy and strength when he goes up for a dunk. Just fantastic to see. He so clearly deserves time over Brickins.

that's right, I'm looking at you Franklin*.

You know you have a guy with length when it bothers Gasol. Plus the energy and strength when he goes up for a dunk. Just fantastic to see. He so clearly deserves time over Brickins.

Who? He loves to mock people rooting for young prospects and slide to a solid point of view as minor events like sucky performances happen to those kids. I think Frank doesn't even agree with himself.

To me the most surprising thing is how quickly he reacts to passes, loose balls and rebounds. I knew he had great length and needed to add strength. But he moves at the speed of a NBA game.

One thing I did like from "Brickins" is I noticed he was flying off the bench cheering Gobert on after a dunk. If he's is going to have that attitude then he's
going to work just fine as end of the bench player.

Love this kid. Pretty surprising he fell to that pick. As the saying goes, you can't teach height. Plus--he's not a stiff. Clearly has athleticism, and it's great to see the desire to dunk it after some of our recent bigs have often shied away from contact.

To me the most surprising thing is how quickly he reacts to passes, loose balls and rebounds. I knew he had great length and needed to add strength. But he moves at the speed of a NBA game.

Playing in a pro league will almost always prepare the player for nba speed better than college does

He's surprisingly quick off his feet. I loved he sequence where he was rebounding in traffic, tipped the ball to himself off he board and then dunked it. It shows he has worlds of confidence as a rebounder.

I've not been this excited for a Jazz player in quite some time! As I've said before, he's rawer than Hannibal Lecter's lamb chops, but wow he looks promising in these last two games.

-Great Motor
-Solid defensive fundamentals
-Game changer with his rim-protecting presence
-Soft and good hands
-Soft touch on his shot; decent ft shooter
-Can use both hands
-Good timing
-Attacks the rim

This is a great base to build on!