What's new

Gobert highlights vs lakers

I was particularly impressed 1) with that last pick and roll play 2) his grabbing of that poor pass in traffic (seemingly really good hands)

One thing's pretty clear: Gobert will be in the rotation, probably right away. At least over Evans--far, far, far, far more interesting prospect.

He's surprisingly quick off his feet. I loved he sequence where he was rebounding in traffic, tipped the ball to himself off he board and then dunked it. It shows he has worlds of confidence as a rebounder.

I think the quickness aspect should not be underestimated for a guy this big. He is almost as tall as Mark Eaton, but would run circles around the great redwood tree that is Mark Eaton. His energy is exciting.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];682618 said:
How many times are we gonna hear something like, "did he even jump?!?"

I say twice a game on average.

One thing's pretty clear: Gobert will be in the rotation, probably right away. At least over Evans--far, far, far, far more interesting prospect.

Hopefully that's clear now to the people that can make that happen. I didn't see the game, but I'm glad he got time to show what he can do. That video is nasty. I predict a French invasion of Jazzfanz soon enough.

I think the quickness aspect should not be underestimated for a guy this big. He is almost as tall as Mark Eaton, but would run circles around the great redwood tree that is Mark Eaton. His energy is exciting.

He's taller than Eaton. He is 20 KG's lighter.

Now imagine a line-up with Favors-Kanter-Gobert on the court. Would suck in many ways but would be crazily fun to watch.

Wow... I'm really impressed! This is the kind of guy who's a game changer off the bench. I mean our starters @ C are pretty much set in stone, but if this guy can replicate half that performance everytime he steps on the floor, a serious market is going to develop for that dude

All I could think while watching that video is, "had we had this kid back in those Lakers playoffs series a couple years ago, there might be a couple more WCF banners hanging in the ESA".

I may be too obsessed with Gobert's physical gifts, but wow on that last p&r, his timing is superb, his hands are great, and he attacks the rim. He gets from the free throw line to the rim so fast that Hill has no chance of recovering at all even though he is shading the ball handler only a little bit. Also, who is blocking that shot; he jumps off of one foot and dunks the ball with his knee caps.

Didn't look that raw to me. Burk looks raw.

I didn't see the game, but those highlights were AWESOME! First big off the bench for my money, particularly in a "growth" year like we have ahead of us. Both Favors and Kanter can play the 4. Sub one earlier, and let Rudy prowl the paint while the other two rest.

Only problem is he threatens the tank. Heck, he LOOKED like a tank out there!

Go Rudy!

He fouls a lot, turns the ball over and needs to gain strength and weight.

But we got ourselves a baller at #27. Gobert came to play and I love it!

Go Jazz!!!!

I can't wait to add Burke, Neto, Wiggins, and Harrison to this line up! Holy cow

I'd flip out at any duo of Parker, Harrison and Wiggins. Won't happen but holy hell. Add them to what we have building? It stretches into a full playoff rotation if they all pan out to some extent.

I think he could be our best finisher around the rim. We saw Kanter get a board, wide open, bring the ball down, and then end up getting stuffed.

Favors and Kanter have moves, and finishing ability, but Gobert may develop into our best put back, dunk above the rim player. Still a long way to go.
This could end so many ways. Favors could still end up taking that title. That's the fun of watching this team grow. So many great questions to answer

I think he could be our best finisher around the rim. We saw Kanter get a board, wide open, bring the ball down, and then end up getting stuffed.

Favors and Kanter have moves, and finishing ability, but Gobert may develop into our best put back, dunk above the rim player. Still a long way to go.
This could end so many ways. Favors could still end up taking that title. That's the fun of watching this team grow. So many great questions to answer

If all three bigs pan out and explode thAt would be great as Gobert is a rookie e and we have him for 4 or so years. Man so much potential from 6-7 guys on this team.

Wholly Hell....

When did Gobert turn into DeAndre Jordan????

This kid will be so much fun to watch!!!!!!