What's new

Gobert highlights vs lakers

I'd flip out at any duo of Parker, Harrison and Wiggins. Won't happen but holy hell. Add them to what we have building? It stretches into a full playoff rotation if they all pan out to some extent.

Unfortunately if they all pan out the Jazz won't be able to re-sign all of them. That is why when guys start talking $12 million for Hayward I just cringe.

Drafting good player is only the first step, you have to be financial smart.

I am really excited about Gobert. I was more excited about him than Burke when we drafted him because he is big and his draft status was as high as 14 and the Jazz got him at 27. I don't want to worry but if the Jazz 3 big man blow up, then teams will raiding our cupboards.

I had a nightmare that in two years the Lakers are going to be rebuilding...Kobe, Nash will be retired and Gasol might be gone. They will have a ton of cap space to sign a couple big FAs...... then I woke up in a sweat... not knowing the ending to my nightmare but anyone could imagine how it ends..I %^$&#Q&@^&* hate the the Lakers.

Lol @ Pau

pretty good defensive fundamentals for a young guy, not falling for gasol's pump fakes. he doesn't get crazy trying to jump around and block shots, he stays on the ground and just stretches his arm contesting the shot. high IQ guy, lot of potential

And yeah, that last Dunk of the pick-and-roll was just filthy. With each dunk he scores, he becomes more and more confident. Awesome to see.

Gotta love when a big WANTS to play big. Dude likes dunking on people. Seems to want to hurt you while doing it if you contest.

yeah, quite the opposite from other preseason games where he looked shy. this time he just wanted to dunk on people, didn't hesitate. some killer instinct right there

I loved his aggression and the power he would slam it down with.

he will be the X-FACTOR, like this so much, great steal, and hate this tha Ty is going to play him probably 5min a game this season

My favorite highlight might be at 0:24. Gobert makes three jumps in 2 seconds--one to tip the ball off the board at an angle, a second to go and catch it, and a third to dunk the ball--all in heavy traffic. That shows a lot of confidence and aggressiveness. It's not often you'll see a 7'2" make that kind of sequence. TBH, it's rare to see anyone over 6'10" do that.

My favorite highlight might be at 0:24. Gobert makes three jumps in 2 seconds--one to tip the ball off the board at an angle, a second to go and catch it, and a third to dunk the ball--all in heavy traffic. That shows a lot of confidence and aggressiveness. It's not often you'll see a 7'2" make that kind of sequence. TBH, it's rare to see anyone over 6'10" do that.

It blows me away as well. This guy has a motor, but he also has the ability to make multiple jumps very quickly.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];682589 said:
How can he NOT be the steal of the draft? #27?!?! pleeeeeze.
Remember when before the draft we heard the Jazz FO talk about an international player that many teams were "sleeping on." Kudos to the Jazz international scouting - and I give a HUGE part of this credit to Lindsey as well. IIRC, he let the international scout have an entire day during their scouting/pre-draft meetings to talk about the non-US players. And then they end up trading up/buying picks to get a couple of them (Gobert and Neto). I definitely think Gobert should get the PT over Biedrins. This is similar to Kanter's role last season. It shouldn't be too hard to find Gobert 10 mins/per.

Unfortunately if they all pan out the Jazz won't be able to re-sign all of them. That is why when guys start talking $12 million for Hayward I just cringe.

I am really excited about Gobert. I was more excited about him than Burke when we drafted him because he is big and his draft status was as high as 14 and the Jazz got him at 27. I don't want to worry but if the Jazz 3 big man blow up, then teams will raiding our cupboards.

I had a nightmare that in two years the Lakers are going to be rebuilding...Kobe, Nash will be retired and Gasol might be gone. They will have a ton of cap space to sign a couple big FAs...... then I woke up in a sweat... not knowing the ending to my nightmare but anyone could imagine how it ends..I %^$&#Q&@^&* hate the the Lakers.

If that happens, we just have to make sure we trade players and get a ton of assets back. Yes, we can't keep them all, but Lindsey has traded for additional picks from GS. He can do the same next year as the Jazz will still have extra space under the tax. The key three are going to be Kanter, Favors and Hayward. I doubt any of those guys gets a MAX deal, at least not this time around. So the Jazz should have enough room to put a pretty good starting five on the floor, then have promising rookies and/or solid vets as the main back-ups. Burks and Burke are/will be expendable. Gobert would be nice to keep as the third big, Kanter could shift to PF with his range when they're in the game together.

I think the Lakers are a team that likes Hayward and would go after him in free agency along with a max player like Bosh or Carmelo. That might be part of the reason the Jazz are feeling some pressure to re-sign Hayward. Lakers will also have a decent draft pick this year and get Kobe back recovered for what that's worth. So you have 2 FAs, Kobe and a decent rookie from this draft class to put them back in the playoff picture. They can rebuild pretty quickly.

We all know how important it is to have a top tier rim protector, and now it looks like the Jazz have two. This is going to be huge a few years from now. When Favors needs a breather in a playoff game, another defensive monster will come right in. We're basically guaranteed to always have a "Tyson Chandler" on the court. How many teams can say that?

Remember when before the draft we heard the Jazz FO talk about an international player that many teams were "sleeping on." Kudos to the Jazz international scouting - and I give a HUGE part of this credit to Lindsey as well. IIRC, he let the international scout have an entire day during their scouting/pre-draft meetings to talk about the non-US players. And then they end up trading up/buying picks to get a couple of them (Gobert and Neto). I definitely think Gobert should get the PT over Biedrins. This is similar to Kanter's role last season. It shouldn't be too hard to find Gobert 10 mins/per.

Just read one of the JazzNewz stories and it said they have been watching Gobert since 2010.