What's new

Gobert highlights vs lakers

Some of these help-side and chase-down blocks are pretty elite defensive plays. I don't want to say he makes plays like KG or David Robinson, but he at least looks like a less stupid version of Javale McGee.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];682828 said:
*Tyson Chandlerzz*

****in stop it with this already. Daymn.

How about a longer, more athletic Shawn Bradley with soft hands. Will the almighty allow that comp?

Look at Cook's decision around the 50 second mark. That incredibly awesome floater, as opposed to making use of Gobert, merits his signing. Can't believe we didn't keep that stud.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];682828 said:
*Tyson Chandlerzz*

****in stop it with this already. Daymn.
LOL.. what's wrong Huge? You no-like Gobert? What's the ****'s wrong with you bro?

Comps are always inaccurate in some way, but I see amazing defensive potential. Oh and by the way, his reach is bout 5 inches taller than Tyson Chandler's. I personally think Chandler is overrated. Defensively, Gobert's got as much potential as anyone in the league.

His rebounding is pretty good. He's got to get stronger and craftier on his defensive rebounding and/or have Favors getting the rebound when he challenges a shot.

Offensively, he's got great hands so far, a soft touch on his shot, the ability to shoot with both hands, good timing, decent passing intuition, and apparently an ability to learn and improve.

He needs to work on his TOs, post moves, and jump shot.

At the very least, he will be an impact player with his defense. He's still going to screw up a bunch, but I'm really excited for him.

Comps are always inaccurate in some way, but I see amazing defensive potential. Oh and by the way, his reach is bout 5 inches taller than Tyson Chandler's. I personally think Chandler is overrated. Defensively, Gobert's got as much potential as anyone in the league.

His rebounding is pretty good. He's got to get stronger and craftier on his defensive rebounding and/or have Favors getting the rebound when he challenges a shot.

Offensively, he's got great hands so far, a soft touch on his shot, the ability to shoot with both hands, good timing, decent passing intuition, and apparently an ability to learn and improve.

He needs to work on his TOs, post moves, and jump shot.

At the very least, he will be an impact player with his defense. He's still going to screw up a bunch, but I'm really excited for him.

I haven't seen enough yet but I disagree at the moment. He's so tall and long that he bothers the **** out of his counterpart on the boards. Weight would be nice but he's not the first thin big to succeed on the boards (Hey NAOS, Deek was lighter than Gobert and so is Chandler). He seems to know how to tip the ball before others can get to it and then jump when they're on their way down.

The rest was spot on, especially on Tyson Chandler being overrated.

The good thing is it looks like he's done enough to get a chance to learn on the court this year. Mistakes are fine, we're okay with losing as long as it helps future player development.

His improvement from preseason game 1 to game 8 is terrific.
He seems ready to get minutes in every reg season game this year.

The good thing is it looks like he's done enough to get a chance to learn on the court this year. Mistakes are fine, we're okay with losing as long as it helps future player development.

His improvement from preseason game 1 to game 8 is terrific.
He seems ready to get minutes in every reg season game this year.

This.

Pretty sure I'll be pissed if Corbin plays Beeno over him. Could change if he stays lost on court too much, but he's French and they are a smart race. I think he'll learn fast enough.

Remember when I called that gobert was gonna be awesome and bet that the jazz would draft him? Yeah, hopefully he turns out great!

The fact that he looked ten times better in real nba games then in summerleague gives me a little hope for Burke.
Only problem with that is the old adage that you can't teach height. Gobert is always going to present problems for the opposition because of his size. Burke is always going to be small. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Burke or Burks will still be on the team in three years. Both of them will be perfect to include in trade packages for better veterans: Utah gets a better player, the other team gets a cheap prospect and 1 or 2 of our picks - and I'm talking future protected picks, not our 1st rounder this summer.

Remember when I called that gobert was gonna be awesome and bet that the jazz would draft him? Yeah, hopefully he turns out great!
I also think there was a thread where a couple of us picked him as the best value for his draft position - and that was right after the draft before the summer league. With three pretty decent draft picks coming up (two 1sts and a high 2nd), not to mention Neto probably coming over, I hope the problem the Jazz have is too many good players at every position.

Gotta love when a big WANTS to play big. Dude likes dunking on people. Seems to want to hurt you while doing it if you contest.

Agreed. this is kanters biggest problem imo. He is way too soft. Takes it up way too weak. Throw that **** down man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using JazzFanz mobile app