What's new

Gobert Out Against Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudiay is our new houdini. Reminds me of a healthy young Alec. For 1.6 Mil, I don't wanna hear any exum fan boys chirp about him being played out of the rotation.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It's simple facts though and a reality

Good game... fought like hell... DM needs to be a bit more patient... kept waiting for him to pump fake Pat into the third row... dudes that challenge that much and that hard are easy to draw fouls against.

Get ready everyone... here it comes... I was actually impressed by how well TB played. Gave us help at the rim from time to time and made some nice out of area rebounds.

Niang needs to chill... shoot the open three or the layup... he had a couple shots tonight that were not ideal. Was happy to see a few go in though.

That is the team I think we most need Rudy for... pretty sure we win by 20 if Rudy plays. Look at Giannis numbers compared to what he does when Rudy plays... all you need to know.
And notice how ESPN conveniently hid the fact that Rudy was out while blasting Giannis’ 50 point outing.

Going back through the game, the Jazz defended about as well as they could. Jeff Green and Georges Niang are soft on the boards, and that hurt us. However, the difference in the game was probably Giannis' ability to hit 3s. That's a pretty new part of his game.
Turnovers at inopportune moments and missed rebounds. And frankly Conley stinking it up lost us this game.

Missed this game. I'm in Missouri and had a closing yesterday. Looking at the box score it looks like our bench played pretty darn well. Nice to see Ingles play well and I'm happy Niang hit some shots - hopefully we can trade him for a 2nd.

That’s about as encouraging as a loss can be. TB showing obvious improvements (I’m sorry, TB, for doubting you... but gawddamn your defense was hideous those first few games), Niang’s shot starting to fall, some signs of chemistry in the bench units, good stuff from Mudiay, etc.

Was surprised to see Divincenzo flashing signs of elite perimeter D. Wasn’t surprised to hear Boler slaughter his name at every opportunity.

Exum DNP’d right? Don’t like that.

This is a tough road trip. I really hope we can go 3-2, even if we have to go mostly without Rudy. The top of the West is just so ****ing ruthless.

Last edited:
That’s about as encouraging as a loss can be. TB showing obvious improvements (I’m sorry, TB, for doubting you... but gawddamn your defense was hideous those first few games), Niang’s shot starting to fall, some signs of chemistry in the bench units, etc.

Was surprised to see Divencenzo flashing signs of elite perimeter D. Wasn’t surprised to hear Boler slaughter his name at every opportunity.

This is a tough road trip. I really hope we can go 3-2, even if we have to go mostly without Rudy. The top of the West is just so ****ing ruthless.

Id be cool with a 3-2.

That’s about as encouraging as a loss can be. TB showing obvious improvements (I’m sorry, TB, for doubting you... but gawddamn your defense was hideous those first few games), Niang’s shot starting to fall, some signs of chemistry in the bench units, etc.

Was surprised to see Divencenzo flashing signs of elite perimeter D. Wasn’t surprised to hear Boler slaughter his name at every opportunity.

- Glad TB is looking better. I'd still have Davis ahead of him when he returns. We'll see what happens.

- Divincenzo was my guy (and Omari Spellman). I'll be interested to see how he looks. He comes up with big plays (like an offensive rebound against 3 defenders).

- Did you enjoy Boler exclaiming "Donovan!" when Wes Matthews hit a three?

- I'll have to look at the trip again, but I know we play Philly, Indiana, and Toronto. I guess maybe Memphis is the other one. I feel pretty good about beating Indiana. I think we can take them without Gobert, if we have to. Sabonis is probably a better matchup for Bradley than other guys. When I first heard 3-2, I thought that would be tough, but looking at that schedule, I guess it means we just need to knock off one of Toronto or Philly, which is doable. I'd assume we beat Indiana and I don't think we lose again to Memphis (could have said the same last year, though). I'd say we beat Toronto.

- Regarding Exum, obviously there are variables like his health and coming back slowly, but there are occasionally these times where DL's actions and words about what he values goes contrary to what Quin actually does. For example, putting out word that we won't pick up Deron off waivers because we don't want him getting in the way of Dante's development, then Quin plays Shelvin Mack ahead of him.

Then we have the Lakers as the sixth game.

I’d be very happy with 3-3 during that stretch. 4-2 would be unbelievable.

Philly is the last of the trip and on a back to back so it's a scheduled loss, but Indiana, Grizzlies and Raptors are winnable although I am afraid we will lose one of those. I really hope we beat Lakers at home, have enough of them winning all the time this season.

After being in one place after such a long time? Quite a while I would've thought.

Total opposite of a Jeff Green for example, who's been a total journeyman, and is used to it.
And frankly I am higher on Conley than Green. Green does some good stuff but he also does a lot of bad or lazy stuff. And I like it when his threes go in but when he misses he is way off. It's like a complete crap shoot.

I know, I know -- Conley makes way more money than Green.

we’re playing hard and executing well on offense. But this game will change completely if the bucks begin to hit some of their open 3s that they’ve been bricking. Also, the refs have been very kind to us. Those two questionable calls easily could’ve gone against the away team.
You're dumb. So the Jazz got two calls correctly in their favor and you think the refs "very kind" to the Jazz. Yet you fail to notice all the calls that incorrectly went Milwaukee's way.

Last edited:
Giannis wouldn't look nearly as good as he does if he isn't allowed to bowl people over all game, and get star calls like getting free throws when there is little or no contact. Take these away and his scoring skills are mediocre. His athleticism and hustle are great.

Reactions: MVP
Giannis is better. There is 0 debate.
There are super close in all advanced stats. Giannis is better defender, shot blocker, rebounder. Luka is better shooter and passer. One has better ORTG, one has better DRTG. Identical PER. Luka has better WS per 48 min and better BPM. One is 20 year old and other one is 25 year old. So no, it is not 0 debate at all.
https://www.basketball-reference.co...nmpo&y2=2020&player_id2=antetgi01&idx=players

It must hurt your little ego that top two players in NBA are not american born?

There are super close in all advanced stats. Giannis is better defender, shot blocker, rebounder. Luka is better shooter and passer. One has better ORTG, one has better DRTG. Identical PER. Luka has better WS per 48 min and better BPM. One is 20 year old and other one is 25 year old. So no, it is not 0 debate at all.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Luka+Dončić&player_id1_select=Luka+Dončić&y1=2020&player_id1=doncilu01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Giannis+Antetokounmpo&player_id2_select=Giannis+Antetokounmpo&y2=2020&player_id2=antetgi01&idx=players

It must hurt your little ego that top two players in NBA are not american born?
My favorite player in the NBA is Rudy Gobert so idk what you talking about.

Im not the person who spouts racist opinions on black culture

Im not the person who spouts racist opinions on black culture
Who is that? Because if you accusing me of that I am going to report this post because I am sick if your lies and making **** up. You are crossing the line with this racism crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.