What's new

Gobert Out Against Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get letting things roll sometimes but there was no flow in that possession, the Bucks were just about all set in D.

It seems Larsen and Jones had the same read as me. Quin didn't want to allow the Bucks to set their defense and change their lineup. As the last possession showed, they are pretty good after timeouts (switching everything+length):

And as I said, it took Bogey too long to push the ball:

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a bit down on Conley he was by far our worst player tonight, and that's been the case for too many games. How long does it take to get settled in?!

Look at Westbrook who played 11 seasons in Okc and now plays for Houston. His averages for rebounds, assists and points are down. (7.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 22 points).

Well I guess we got Joe’s coming out game.

If we only we could get someone like an iggy for these supernova stars like Bron Greek kawhi etc. It's the teams biggest weakness. Hell even in my 2k online league I traded jingles for roco to address that need lol.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It might be possible to get Rudy Gay fwiw...

Hitting wide open threes doesn't take time to get used to though...

He is shooting 39% on 3s his last 11 games (November). This one will probably get it to 37%. In which planet do you live? Are you just looking at this season stats that include those stinkers at the beginning?

It might be possible to get Rudy Gay fwiw...
Any defensive wing stopper is desperately needed on this team. I'd even take a one footed Roberson right now. Without said defensive stopper wing our ceiling is 2nd round exit max. We are not doing nothing with the Clippers and Lakers who are the measuring stick. We would wipe the floor with Denver Houston and other western conference foe.

Any defensive wing stopper is desperately needed on this team. I'd even take a one footed Roberson right now. Without said defensive stopper wing our ceiling is 2nd round exit max. We are not doing nothing with the Clippers and Lakers who are the measuring stick. We would wipe the floor with Denver Houston and other western conference foe.

What do you think Royce Oneale is?

We played really well this game, I wish we could have won this one. But when you are missing your best player and the opposing teams MVP has a career best game. That's really hard to win. That kind of makes it harder though that we were so close! Wish Mitchell would have made that last shot...

Love royce but 6'4 isnt providing any resistance to the supernova wings that I mentioned earlier.

Conleu 6'1. Don 6'1. Royce 6'4. We are simply small sometimes.

He has provided plenty of resistance to those players.

Reactions: SCS
Well exums fans are as quiet as his box score. Mudiay deserved his minimum pay cheque while dante collected his fat welfare cheque. Imagine if we paid someone that could contribute. Heck even Niang showed some worth. Hope our coaching staff and mgmt eventually see that we need to upgrade Exum.

Last edited:
Love royce but 6'4 isnt providing any resistance to the supernova wings that I mentioned earlier.

Conleu 6'1. Don 6'1. Royce 6'4. We are simply small sometimes.

You're wrong. Defense isn't a problem for us. We're top 5 in like every defensive stat category that matters. Defensive rating, opponent ppg, fg% defense, 3pt fg% defense, 2pt fg%. Royce has done a fantastic job on the best opposing perimeter player.

You aren't going to completely stop guys like LeBron, Kawhi, Giannis, Harden. What you have to do is have a guy (or guys) who can make the game harder for them. That's what Royce does. And Royce isn't the only one. Jingles does that. Exum can do that. We have bodies to throw at these guys.

Giannis didn't score 48 because we didn't have a wing defender. He scored 48 because he's just a freak.... oh and we didn't have Rudy.

Sure in the regular season we have 'bodies' to throw at them but it's just futile and little resistance. In the playoffs during a 7 game series, your weaknesses are hunted AD nauseum. Not once did I think we had a chance to stop giannis tonight on each possession down the stretch. It was a man amongst boys playing with a nerf ball and sometimes volley ball. We need a legit wing defender like iggy or roco bad that can allow 30 not 50.

Jarrell Brantley scored 21 points (6/11 FG, 3/6 3FG), grabbed 13 rebounds and had 7 assists in the Stars game last night. I would really love to see the Jazz just try him in the rotation at some point.

Nah he's fine there, can work on his 3 and how to read defenses.

Well exums fans are as quiet as his box score. Mudiay deserved his minimum pay cheque while dante collected his fat welfare cheque. Imagine if he paid someone that could contribute. Heck even Niang showed some worth. Hope our coaching staff and mgmt eventually see that we need to upgrade Exum.
Mudiay is our new houdini. Reminds me of a healthy young Alec. For 1.6 Mil, I don't wanna hear any exum fan boys chirp about him being played out of the rotation.

Hitting wide open threes doesn't take time to get used to though...

You seem to make it like robots are out there playing and shooting.

Any number of things can affect somebody's play. That could be mental, physical, maybe even both. I'm pretty certain that he has individually put mental pressure on himself to play very well and prove that he is a good player not just for the one team team, the Grizzles, but for us as well. He came here with expectations, which is evident that they've weighed him down somewhat. This has certainly been evident during his play. How many times have you seen him tighten up and look weird on shooting free throws, so much so that some on this board actually thought he was missing them on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.