What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-value-rankings-top-100/

Don at #11 and Rudy at #27

Don is younger, cheaper, more appealing to fans/sells tickets, and helps you recruit other guys into a big market. We will likely look at Rudy’s deal as one of the worst in the NBA in 2/3 years.
Nobody in the NBA cares about HoopsHype. Pretty sure GMs would dump all over that article.

By any metric Rudy is an elite NBA player. Don is overrated and on the decline, we’d be smart to capitalize on his inflated perceived value now.

So far I love everything the jazz have done this off season with one exception. Those Gawd damn uniforms. SMD.

View: https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1543063835526828032

After having a few hours to process the trade, this is pretty much where I've landed as well. The Jazz couldn't turn this deal down, they made the right decision. Having said that, I can't describe how much I hate trading away IMO the franchises 3rd best player ever, an All-NBA talent that was so incredibly loyal and said multiple times that he wanted to spend his entire career here and retire as a Jazzman. Just think about how rare it is for an NBA star in this day and age to actually want to be in Utah....it honestly may never happen again.

Nobody in the NBA cares about HoopsHype. Pretty sure GMs would dump all over that article.

By any metric Rudy is an elite NBA player. Don is overrated and on the decline, we’d be smart to capitalize on his inflated perceived value now.
Rudy is going to be making 44/46M when he's 32/33 years old, could easily be one of the worst and least moveable contracts in the league in a few years. Donovan has shown he can score at a historic level in the playoffs, Rudy has gotten his arse busted by Nic Batum and Maxi Kleber.

I am very happy with the trade we have plentiful of 1st rounders now and we could not turn that deal down I say well done FO

Mitchell is not a better player, but he should get more in a trade package. I think what you’re looking for with Mitchell is a similar pick package, but also a premium young player/guaranteed high draft pick.

Mitchell is not a better player, but he should get more in a trade package. I think what you’re looking for with Mitchell is a similar pick package, but also a premium young player/guaranteed high draft pick.
Yes I'd say Rudy is the better and more impactful player but Donovan who's 5 years younger and $36M cheaper over the next 4 seasons is a more valuable trade asset.

I’m glad Ainge is here to do a job and not collect a fat part time paycheck. If he took the deals y’all were proposing for Mitchell and Gobert we’d be so much worse off. Don’t overrate picks and don’t underate superstar talent.

Lou Dort and a hella picks from OKC?