What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

Too bad the $30 million a year didn't light the fire.
I think they are contenders. I don't put them as favorites though. I like the warriors and clippers more in the West. Then I have them on the same tier as the nugs, griz, suns and Pelicans if Zion is healthy. You may be able to throw the Lakers in there as well if AD is healthy.

Anybody know anything about Walker Kessler? Is he any good?

Big plodding center with good defensive instincts. Likely nowhere near Gobert's level, but presumably has more of a post game. Cannot shoot jump shots either. Makes me think of Doke actually. But I think Doke is more athletic.

It’s because Jazz fans are used to winning….also used to not having lots of draft picks. After a long period of that you don’t appreciate the 50 win seasons and you’d rather watch Jared Butler play instead. It’s natural, I don’t blame people for feeling that way.

But let’s not kid ourselves about reality. Rudy has led the Jazz to the same amount of 50 win seasons and more playoff series victories than the entirety of the TWolves history. Winning matters, and when you make the playoffs for decades at a time with only brief breaks in between it’s easy to forget that.

TWolves don’t give a **** about a 2029 pick when they’re trying to win right here and now with KAT and Ant.
That's the thing that we forget. When we look at teams we tend to look at the long term picture but for most of the people making basketball decisions the leash is pretty short. If they don't win they won't be around 2 years let alone 6 when some of these future picks come up. Winning now is extra job security for a lot of these guys.

Big plodding center with good defensive instincts. Likely nowhere near Gobert's level, but presumably has more of a post game. Cannot shoot jump shots either. Makes me think of Doke actually. But I think Doke is more athletic.
Why was he projected as a first rounder, even lottery at one point, when Dok was projected as a second rounder? And Cockburn undrafted? All three are shot blocking big men with limited offense, right?

Leandro Bolmaro is viewed as a throw in but was the 23rd pick in 2020 came over last year.

Player: Leandro Bolmaro

Position: SG

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 182 lbs

Pro Comparison: Joe Ingles

Scouting Report: Even without a lot of reps against high-level competition, Leandro Bolmaro has stood out to scouts for his 6'7" size, ball-handling and flashy passing. The NBA loves playmaking wings and multipositional defenders, and if Bolmaro can just go from capable to competant as a three-point shooter, his two-way versatility should lead to a long career.

Why is he projected as a first rounder, even lottery at one point, when Dok was projected as a second rounder? And Cockburn undrafted? All three are shot blocking big men with limited offense, right?
idk just going off what I read and what I saw in a couple videos and what I saw of Doke on the floor. Not sure this guy is that much beyond Doke. Similar players to be sure.

If you go back, it sounded to me like he was saying DM will see how hard it is to score on Gobert when they play each other.

Not that I care about the argument, but now that you are both back in your corners and on the same page... start again... round 246.
Very true. Arguments over.

All the best to Rudy Gobert. He played his heart out here. Much respect to him.

That's the thing that we forget. When we look at teams we tend to look at the long term picture but for most of the people making basketball decisions the leash is pretty short. If they don't win they won't be around 2 years let alone 6 when some of these future picks come up. Winning now is extra job security for a lot of these guys.

KAT and Ant are locked in, but as we’ve also seen players are demanding out with four years left. We might have one of those on our team right now.

As Zach Lowe says, “every trade is a win for the team that’s tanking”. But this league isn’t about tanking or winning trades. It’s about winning games. When there’s a chance to do it, of course teams are going to jump on it. Like you said, NBA lifecycles are short.

Leandro Bolmaro is viewed as a throw in but was the 23rd pick in 2020 came over last year.

Player: Leandro Bolmaro

Position: SG

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 182 lbs

Pro Comparison: Joe Ingles

Scouting Report: Even without a lot of reps against high-level competition, Leandro Bolmaro has stood out to scouts for his 6'7" size, ball-handling and flashy passing. The NBA loves playmaking wings and multipositional defenders, and if Bolmaro can just go from capable to competant as a three-point shooter, his two-way versatility should lead to a long career.

NlJDaq.jpg