What's new

God and Country

I don't have to reconcile those things because they aren't connected.
Christian Nationalism isn't connected to Christian Nationalism? The statistics I presented are for Christian Nationalism, not Christianity. The data falsifies your hypothesis.

Project 2025 is something that normal real Americans should become familiar with. It’s the vision of what many Christian nationalists want to implement in a second Trump term. They want to turn America into an authoritarian regime, like Russia or Hungary. If you value the freedoms and prosperity of a multicultural democratic America, you’ll want to know what Trump and his Christian nationalist allies have in store!

Project 2025 is something that normal real Americans should become familiar with. It’s the vision of what many Christian nationalists want to implement in a second Trump term. They want to turn America into an authoritarian regime, like Russia or Hungary. If you value the freedoms and prosperity of a multicultural democratic America, you’ll want to know what Trump and his Christian nationalist allies have in store!

Wow! What an amazing find (after @Red has been talking on and on about for half a year now).

He would have help concentrating power in the Executive, though, if the “Project 2025” braintrust can realize its goals for Trump 2.0. I hope not. And would hate to wake up to Trump and both houses of Congress in his corner.

This is the type of thing that bears repeating.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

This is the type of thing that bears repeating.

NdrtsaO4xD-2.png

This is a really good interview with former Trump admin member Elizabeth Neumann. She tells how the administration noticed how wherever trump held rallies, crime and violence increased. Trump refused to talk about domestic terrorism until 2020, when he tried to label antifa and BLM domestic terrorists. She also brings up how MAGA candidates like Kari Lake are fanning the flames of civil war and Christian nationalism by telling supporters to “put on the armor of god” and “get their glocks ready.” Why would someone need to get their glocks ready? Is that how disagreements are settled in a democracy?

Interesting episode, about 30 mins.

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily-blast-with-greg-sargent/id1728152109?i=1000652834465
It should also be noted that Trump, not Biden, is talking about rounding people up and mass deporting “others.” If we want to draw up comparisons to the past, then we need to be honest about it. One candidate is talking about being dictator on day 1 while the other candidate is not. Remember, “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

That’s very dangerous.

View: https://youtu.be/hyxSA_udawk?feature=shared

View: https://youtu.be/PRpfNJMpHcc?feature=shared

Why would someone need to get their glocks ready? Is that how disagreements are settled in a democracy?
Yes. Historically, disagreements are settled in a democracy by violence. The Founders warned us of this quirk of democracy a quarter of a millennia ago when they wrote in Federalist #10:

... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.

I don’t think Christian nationalists have a monopoly on Christianity. I’m very Christian but I find Christian nationalists to be unbelievably low info and deplorable and Christian nationalism to be a repugnant ideology. It’d quite antithetical to the actual Christianity that Christ taught. His kingdom is not of this world. It knows no border or ethnicity. It’s not like Christ said, “American Christians are the best and if you happened to be born a few miles north, well **** you.”

Jesus the Christ and his kingdom are for anyone anywhere that is willing to take upon his name and abide by his teachings. His kingdom is actually antithetical to nationalism. I should love the foreigner just as a neighbor because at the end of the day, we’re both children of god. This is the Christianity that I believe in. Christian nationalism is merely fascism with a Bible.

Again, everyone should go see Civil War. The movie will change you. It's gripping and terrifyingly realistic.
I’m pretty sure I saw an advertisement for it today!

IMG_5346.jpeg
Lol! Republicans could instantly win back congress if they just dropped 2-3 dotards in each house from their party. What thinking person actually likes Gaetz, MTG, Bobo, Cruz, Mike Lee, and football coach?

View: https://x.com/acyn/status/1782918181431935226?s=46

Reactions: Red
I don’t think Christian nationalists have a monopoly on Christianity. I’m very Christian but I find Christian nationalists to be unbelievably low info and deplorable and Christian nationalism to be a repugnant ideology. It’d quite antithetical to the actual Christianity that Christ taught. His kingdom is not of this world. It knows no border or ethnicity. It’s not like Christ said, “American Christians are the best and if you happened to be born a few miles north, well **** you.”

Jesus the Christ and his kingdom are for anyone anywhere that is willing to take upon his name and abide by his teachings. His kingdom is actually antithetical to nationalism. I should love the foreigner just as a neighbor because at the end of the day, we’re both children of god. This is the Christianity that I believe in. Christian nationalism is merely fascism with a Bible.
Great post

Back