What's new

God damn people

I cannot even fathom this. It just doesn't seem possible that a person could be so sick and twisted that they would even begin to think about committing such a crime. Just sickening.

If some *********** little ******* like this wants to create drama and and go out fighting, they should storm a police station where at least the people there are trained and armed. Attacking kindergarten aged kids is the lowest form of humanity. What an absolute **********.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." -- Mister Rogers

I just don't know what to say. I've been tearing up all morning while watching the news and my heart literally aches. I saw a story on CNN where a teacher hid her students in the bathroom and one of them said to her, "I just want Christmas. I don't want to die." :( That's when I lost it. My prayers also go out to the children in China who were attacked at the primary school.

Guns don't kill people is a poor argument. A bottle of alcohol doesn't really grab the wheel when a drunk driver recklessly takes others lives in his hands. Rules and laws are set up to protect us from our own decisions and decisions of others. These rules are not perfect there are plenty of laws against drunk driving and people still chose to drive under the influence. Yet, these laws do deter some. No one is out to take away the guns. But, lets be realistic there is a need to reevaluate our gun control laws.

Guns don't kill people is a poor argument. A bottle of alcohol doesn't really grab the wheel when a drunk driver recklessly takes others lives in his hands. Rules and laws are set up to protect us from our own decisions and decisions of others. These rules are not perfect there are plenty of laws against drunk driving and people still chose to drive under the influence. Yet, these laws do deter some. No one is out to take away the guns. But, lets be realistic there is a need to reevaluate our gun control laws.

Gun control will do nothing to deter these sick individuals from doing harm. The only peope it harms are the responsible gun owners. Rather than enacting new laws, law enforcement/gov't should focus more on enforcement of current laws.

I agree partially with you. Except in Sept of 2004 the law that banned assault weapons expired. This is one law that should be considered to bring it back. Sick individuals are going to circumvent laws like I said it can still be used as a way to deter this types of incidents.

This has just ripped me apart today more than any other event, ever. I've cried, punched things, kicked ****... devastated.

This has just ripped me apart today more than any other event, ever. I've cried, punched things, kicked ****... devastated.

Yup.

I've never experienced an event like this where people were so disinterested in the surrounding information because we are so disgusted by it all. It's heart wrenching thinking about the parents outside the school & the poor kids inside.

Yup.

I've never experienced an event like this where people were so disinterested in the surrounding information because we are so disgusted by it all. It's heart wrenching thinking about the parents outside the school & the poor kids inside.

I cant imagine the scene. The authorities who responded there will be haunted the rest of their lives. That school will never feel the same to anyone working there or going to school there. I wonder how long it will be before they re-open.

I've already put 3 kids through kindergarten, have one in the grade now, a 2 yr old .. and one on the way. They're all so special, so innocent .. individual lives ..

these kids were snuffed out .. parents robbed .. more tonight than ever, I hope and pray there is a God.

I've already put 3 kids through kindergarten, have one in the grade now, a 2 yr old .. and one on the way. They're all so special, so innocent .. individual lives ..

these kids were snuffed out .. parents robbed .. more tonight than ever, I hope and pray there is a God.

You've brought this up twice. This stuff brings up thoughts of chivalry, especially in men. Unless your family is directly involved, chivalry doesn't work so well without a belief in God or some societal based & driven desire for legacy. The second option is unhealthy.

As a parent, it's difficult not to feel for those who lost children, especially in the midst of what should be the happiest time of the year. For them, and everyone involved, the meaning of the holiday season is forever changed.

My heart just aches.

I have a 5 year old son (because of when his birthday is, he missed the deadline and isn't in kindergarten til next year) whose best friends are in kindergarten this year. I have a 3rd grader as well. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose either of them, especially in a violent way like that. Brutal. Heart breaking.

There is just no reason to kill children. What can make this happen? It is just sick. I feel so sorry for the kids. They didn't even had a chance to live their life fully.

Gun control will do nothing to deter these sick individuals from doing harm. The only peope it harms are the responsible gun owners. Rather than enacting new laws, law enforcement/gov't should focus more on enforcement of current laws.

This same argument could be used to loosen laws on a variety of substances which conservatives hate (like Marijuana for example).

I definitely believe that it's time to take a serious look at our gun laws.

2nd Amendment? Sure. Keep that.

But I think we definitely need to look at assault weapons, the amount of time it takes to get a gun, the cost, and some test/training to get one.

In Utah it's far easier to get a gun than to get a drivers license or a beer. That shouldn't be.

Perhaps more important than gun control, we need to really address mental disorders. IF you feel like a friend might be a ticking time bomb, it's time to put "individualism" away and do what's good for society. How many friends/family members could have stopped this guy months/years ago?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adam-lanza-20-deeply-disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752

“He was weird,” said the friend, who asked to remain anonymous. “He was quiet.”

Early news reports suggested Adam Lanza’s 24-year-old brother, Ryan, had launched the rampage — but Beth Israel believed otherwise.

“It has to be Adam, not Ryan,” she tweeted.

Ryan Lanza, who lives in Hoboken and works at Ernst and Young, didn’t talk about his younger brother while attending Quinnipiac University.

“I knew he had a brother, but I never knew anything more than he existed,” said a college friend.

Nancy was known as a pillar of the community, while neighbors viewed her troubled son as a terror.

“My daughter went to school w/adam lanza,” a former neighbor who identified herself as Beth Israel wrote on Twitter. “We lived 6 houses away. He was troubled for sure for a long time. RIP nancy.
Lanza’s strange behavior was well-known among his well-heeled neighbors in leafy Newtown, Conn. His antics irked several residents.

“Adam Lanza has been a weird kid since we were 5 years old,” a neighbor and former classmate named Tim Dalton wrote on Twitter. “As horrible as this was, I can't say I am surprised . . . Burn in hell, Adam.”

“This was a deeply disturbed kid,” a family insider told the Daily News. “He certainly had major issues. He was subject to outbursts from what I recall.”

Lanza, who friends and officials said suffered from Asperger’s syndrome or a personality disorder, had a tortured mind.

A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”

This kid needed professional help... A long time ago...