What's new

Going to a season ticket holder lunch thing at ESA tomorrow

Chad Feldheimer

Apparently there will be a member of the coaching staff there to talk and answer questions.

What questions should I ask?

what the **** is corbin doing?

That's a good question, but its too obvious.

Ask them, how many wins does Corbin get credit for.

Also, talk to the peeps around there and see what they are all thinking about the Jazz. I'm curious as to how much different their opinions might be than people on Jazzfanz.

Tell them - "If Ty is still the coach next year - I'm not renewing my season tickets."

See what they say.

One Of The Only Negative Things To Come From My Divorce Was That I Couldn't Afford Season Tickets Anymore. I Would Love To Attend The Luncheon. Where Is It At? Maybe I Can Sneak In And Ask What Qualities They Feel Corbin Brings To The Jazz No Other Coach Can. I Would Also Inquire About His Lack Of Rotation And Going An Entire Season Without Establishing Any Player With Starter's Minutes. One Other Question I Want To Ask A Member Of The Staff Is What They Do On The Road If One Of The Player's Gets Too Sauced Up. Do They Have Coaches Assigned To Certain Players? Are There People Hired To Travel And Chaperone? If So, How Do They Hire For That? I'm Not Interested In That Line Of Work Myself But If There Were Such A Job I Am Fascinated By What Would Qualify Someone To Be Trustworthy Enough To Sweep Something Potentially Damaging To PR Under The Rug. It's Quite The Paradox.

One Of The Only Negative Things To Come From My Divorce Was That I Couldn't Afford Season Tickets Anymore. I Would Love To Attend The Luncheon. Where Is It At? Maybe I Can Sneak In And Ask What Qualities They Feel Corbin Brings To The Jazz No Other Coach Can. I Would Also Inquire About His Lack Of Rotation And Going An Entire Season Without Establishing Any Player With Starter's Minutes. One Other Question I Want To Ask A Member Of The Staff Is What They Do On The Road If One Of The Player's Gets Too Sauced Up. Do They Have Coaches Assigned To Certain Players? Are There People Hired To Travel And Chaperone? If So, How Do They Hire For That? I'm Not Interested In That Line Of Work Myself But If There Were Such A Job I Am Fascinated By What Would Qualify Someone To Be Trustworthy Enough To Sweep Something Potentially Damaging To PR Under The Rug. It's Quite The Paradox.

Are you sure about that?

Since this retooling operation has largely been a failure, where do we go from here as a franchise? No matter how you cut it up, this season has been a disappointment in comparison to last season

There are really only two questions to ask and they can be difficult.

1. Do the Jazz plan on firing Corbin at the end of the season?

2. Do the Jazz intend to bring back Jefferson at the expense of better younger players?

There are different ways of asking these questions, but they all mean the same thing?

For example:

1. Is Management blind to what is happening?
2. Does anybody use statistics when evaluating players
3. What the heck is Corbin thinking?
4. Why waste an entire season playing veterans?
5. How can Al make mistake after mistake and not be taken out of the game by Corbin?

The list goes on and on and gets progressively meaner the more I have to drink.

I'm guessing Hack didn't read this post.

I would ask why the offense fell off so badly. Did other teams learn how to scheme for the Jazz or did the Jazz players struggle?

If the other teams were scheming, what were other teams doing? Why didn't Jazz adjust?

I would ask why other teams, like Denver (Faried) San Antonio (Leonard), Houston (Monti to start Robinson off the Bench), GS (this year it is Barnes, before it was Klay Thompson) have young players that play significant minutes with starters and succeed. While Jazz players don't get to start, or struggle, and so do young players in Sacramento (robinson, Fredete).

Is the Jazz system so difficult to learn that it takes a player 1-3 years to learn it? If so, should the jazz consider changing the system to take advantage of all the draft picks they have and are about to get? And to with the new CBA with shorter contracts will the Jazz ever be able to field a team that understands an eloborate offense?

Do the Jazz employ multiple different strattegies against the PnR, because the players are not physically able to defend it, or is the coaching staff confused?

If I had the gaul I would ask if they would pay to watch this team, and what would change next year.

When does a player ripen into a magical veteran whose mistakes are overlooked and lack of effort ignored?

Last edited:
Ask how much having 3 centers has been an issue getting both Favors & Kanter minutes this year. Then ask if Favors is a cry baby like JF.com thinks with a fragile ego that was shattered by one more season of backup dootie.